Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
But this patch was an utter and total cluster fuck, breaking stuff in every part of the game, and adding more OP broken mechanics (pillage and consolidate). EU4 is now a giant Frankensteins monster of buttons and mechanics all stitched together in an unholy mess, just let it die already.

That's been the case at least half a dozen DLCs back.
To someone who has never played a PDX game before, or even someone who only played vanilla, the game is incomprehensible.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PDX.gif

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
("hey bub maybe you should check out that +100% conversion rate for hordes, you probably meant 1%")
It doesn't even need fixing,it is a thing that anyone could do in 3 minutes too. You just have open the idea in notepad++ ,search for missionary,then just adjust the number lol.

is not the problem,human resources is. Those people are highly incompetent,even fuck like me would do a better dev job than this fucks,and i know not a single coding language lol. Just look at the DLC,ignore all the bugs and silly shit,they worked at it for nearly a years. And what did they came up? A button that gives you free shit from the diplomacy screen,a button that makes your capital a mega city,an icon that gives you free shit when upgraded and a bunch of mission threes which a modder could do in a few days. Oh also made the primitives a supper aliens. It is shit that a one man team could do in a month or maybe three.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just look at the DLC,ignore all the bugs and silly shit
This is what baffles me the most. Even ignoring and forgiving all the bugs, crashes, save corruptions, missing assets, and malfunctioning features, the stuff that they added to the game and actually works shows a deep and complete misunderstanding of how the game works. Ignore for a moment the monuments' effects and just consider their upgrade costs: the original upgrade cost was 1.000 ducats for each level, and now they patched it to 3.500 for level 2 and 7.000 for level 3. This means that what could originally be achieved with 2.000 ducats now, after less than a week of testing from the community, costs 10.500 fucking ducats. And the monuments' effects got nerfed to the ground:

- Alhambra went from +15% admin efficiency to +5%;
- The Pyramid went from -15% technology cost, -10% idea cost, and +1 admin power point per month (!?!?!?) to -5% idea cost and -20% advisor cost. WHAT THE FUCK;
- The Mausoleum went from -10% technology cost and -15% idea cost to -5% technology cost and some useless institution spread modifiers;
- Moai went from +65% religious unity to +25%.

They clearly had no idea of what the fuck they were doing while designing this stuff.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
EU4 is a completely broken mess with no redeeming features.

Always has been. You know it to be true.

Broken mess, sure. Redeeming features? Painting maps can be fun. In particular the early game can be great fun... it just loses its lustre when you become unstoppable.
Yes! That's why changing country every 10, 20, or 50 years (or whenever you feel like you reached an important goal for the nation you are playing) makes the game so much better. You can find yourself in completely unexpected situations, where you might even have to deal with the unstoppable superpower that you created with your previous nation. Among the playthroughs that I remember more fondly there's one where I played as Hungary, Brandenburg, Cologne, Bavaria, and Holland, continuously dealing with my previous nations.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Been playing the Anbennar mod. It is pretty neat, but damn it has some fuck you crisis things that I feel like are overkill and don't see any way to deal with. My poor dwarves just got demolished.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This is what baffles me the most. Even ignoring and forgiving all the bugs, crashes, save corruptions, missing assets, and malfunctioning features, the stuff that they added to the game and actually works shows a deep and complete misunderstanding of how the game works. Ignore for a moment the monuments' effects and just consider their upgrade costs: the original upgrade cost was 1.000 ducats for each level, and now they patched it to 3.500 for level 2 and 7.000 for level 3. This means that what could originally be achieved with 2.000 ducats now, after less than a week of testing from the community, costs 10.500 fucking ducats. And the monuments' effects got nerfed to the ground:

- The Pyramid went from -15% technology cost, -10% idea cost, and +1 admin power point per month (!?!?!?) to -5% idea cost and -20% advisor cost. WHAT THE FUCK;
- The Mausoleum went from -10% technology cost and -15% idea cost to -5% technology cost and some useless institution spread modifiers;

They clearly had no idea of what the fuck they were doing while designing this stuff.
Nurffing them is a retarded shit,it happened because retards on the youtube bitched because they used cheats for money to insta upgrade them and whined about being op and such shit lol. They were the most interesting thing in that dlc for sure. Should have made so you can't hurry up the construction/update. Not making them a useless icon that people forget after a game lol. It is clear that the game is balanced for multi and around youtube retards and not for its players.

If you don't like the game,then don't whine about shit in here,go play the games you like.

Broken mess, sure. Redeeming features? Painting maps can be fun. In particular the early game can be great fun... it just loses its lustre when you become unstoppable.
Yes! That's why changing country every 10, 20, or 50 years (or whenever you feel like you reached an important goal for the nation you are playing) makes the game so much better. You can find yourself in completely unexpected situations, where you might even have to deal with the unstoppable superpower that you created with your previous nation. Among the playthroughs that I remember more fondly there's one where I played as Hungary, Brandenburg, Cologne, Bavaria, and Holland, continuously dealing with my previous nations.
I like to play till i finish the mission trees. The game have become far too balanced to waste your time on another type of a game. Back in the day was fun to try and do non evro runs. The three mountains achievement was a challenge back then.

Been playing the Anbennar mod. It is pretty neat, but damn it has some fuck you crisis things that I feel like are overkill and don't see any way to deal with. My poor dwarves just got demolished.
Yeah,dwarf crisis i great fun :). It is shame that vanilla doesn't have such fun things :). It is a great mod for sure. You should play with the elf island to the south west of the big red empire. It is pretty fun racist colonization campaign,a lot of purging. HRE is pretty boring tho,there is not any interesting nations in it. You could try with the kobolts in the NW or the vikings/pirates to the NE of the HRE,next to the orks.

Higher Game

Arcane

Those are all very nice effects for just 10k ducats. I suspect most players are playing with too many forts.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Those are all very nice effects for just 10k ducats. I suspect most players are playing with too many forts.
Of course those are all very nice effects for just 10k ducats. And that's the point. Since (many) of those effects are fine now for 10k, how the fuck did they think that it was okay to get effects 10 times better than those for 1/10 of the price?

Higher Game

Arcane
I've lately figured out that coring cost reduction just doesn't really matter all that much if you aren't Muslim. Everyone else does vassal feeding and annexing for long before coring, and by the time they do start coring (at like 5000+ development) they have plenty of administrative efficiency anyway and are set to sprint to the finish. But Muslims have uniquely terrible vassals because they always seem to guarantee dhimmi autonomy and lean on autonomy increases to suppress rebels, and you can't even use your own missionaries to fix this. They end up with way too much local autonomy and rebels to be useful. So Muslims are better off switching to territories earlier and saving their relations slots for allies, especially with the favors system they have now, because vassals are terrible unless they are planned well ahead of time and based on provinces already Muslim, but they aren't going to be close to the action of conquering the East and West.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I'm getting a really annoying bug where I can't move troops to friendly islands from friendly provinces because "land movement blocked by hostile fort"... is this new? It's kind of demolishing a fun Naples save I have going.

Edit: also the estates box is heavily bugged these days.. summon diet getting stuck and monopolies being irrevocable. Paradox are clowns.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Optimistic sweating because of HoI4 modding support. Nervous sweating because of Leviathan's buggy release state.

:shredder: but indecisive and contradictory.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Optimistic sweating because of HoI4 modding support. Nervous sweating because of Leviathan's buggy release state.

:shredder: but indecisive and contradictory.

You really giving PDX credit for OWB/Kassierach?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom