Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Everspace 2

ArchAngel

Arcane
Everspace 2 sounds like it will be an awesome game. It just lacks a good soundtrack like the ones from Rebel Galaxy games :D

Silly Germans

I hope they include some properly designed missions. The gameplay of Everspace was excellent, dilluting it by pointless open-world tediousness won't improve the game. Archimedean Dynasty, Aquanox1/2 show that it is possible to do better than the typical boring quests found in open world games.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I hope they include some properly designed missions. The gameplay of Everspace was excellent, dilluting it by pointless open-world tediousness won't improve the game. Archimedean Dynasty, Aquanox1/2 show that it is possible to do better than the typical boring quests found in open world games.
Gladly Aquanox Deep Descent will continue this, should it actually prove not to be vaporware and come out in 2019.

Silly Germans

Gladly Aquanox Deep Descent will continue this, should it actually prove not to be vaporware and come out in 2019.

If i recall correctly, they first announced this as multiplayer focused game. I think only one or two years into development they announced that it will have single player campaign.
The focus on multiplayer and the tacking on of single player does not bode well for my expectations of the game.

Blake00

Learned
As a huge Freelancer fan I've been following this one too as Everspace 2 looks absolutely gorgeous! The whole rogue like randomly generated galaxy put me off playing the last one but it sounds like they're going proper open world detailed pre-made galaxy like good old Freelancer this time around!

ss_281959baff798b9c6d3043aac3e59fb8babf6fc3.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6cc4d7a1428620e18bca920f866be21830769c3a.1920x1080.jpg

ss_4d610538118f701942fcc47e6c4f648cd1b6e1d7.1920x1080.jpg

This guy has done a good review of the Everspace 2 closed beta currently happening. I like how he constantly compares to Freelancer instead of other games haha. He mentioned planet surface stuff but yeah who knows if its gonna be like Freelancer planet landings.

For the same reason I've been following Starpoint Gemini 3's beta testing (very Freelancer like!), Rebel Galaxy Outlaw's post release progress to see if they do addons (as it sounds a bit barebones), and X4 - Foundations's addon/patching progress (been a big X series fan for years anyway).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Anyone played the EA version yet? I've yet to see a space shooter that surpasses Freelancer in terms of findind the perfect mix between freedom, customization, shooting and storytelling. I'm reading Everspace 2 might be scratching that itchy spot.

Quilty

Magister
Anyone played the EA version yet? I've yet to see a space shooter that surpasses Freelancer in terms of findind the perfect mix between freedom, customization, shooting and storytelling. I'm reading Everspace 2 might be scratching that itchy spot.

Man, Freelancer was such a great experience back in the day. I remember very little of its story, but I seem to recall fighting some blue semi-transparent...dolphins? In space? As a kind of an end boss? Is my memory finally giving up on me?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Man, Freelancer was such a great experience back in the day. I remember very little of its story, but I seem to recall fighting some blue semi-transparent...dolphins? In space? As a kind of an end boss? Is my memory finally giving up on me?
Nope.
Those were pretty much the final enemies.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
It runs awkwardly (some scenes fps in the low hundreds, some in the 40s... If I go into the menu where you change your input bindings it suddenly goes down to the 30's lol) on top end rigs as well. Devs are aware and working on it. Their suggestion to switch to dx11 didn't change anything for me.

Currently there is only a short introduction (idk how long, but nowhere near the 20 hours I've seen mentioned, I played through it all in 12.1 hours according to steam and that's with some idle time and doing too much randomized content) to the story campaign and a bunch of side stuff.
They do kind of an interesting thing where they have some puzzles of sorts in the game. Not common for space shooters iirc. Cutscenes right now are still WIP, especially later on as it's just a woman narrating what I guess is the story board.

Keep in mind that it's basically a looter shooter... All the weapons are the same from beginning of the game to the (current) end, just that stats and some bonus stuff change.
Level limit is 14 right now, which I reached in 9-10 hours maybe? Enemies are also levelled, but most areas/missions seem to have a fixed level. Maybe randomly generated missions level with you? Didn't check.

There is too little happening with each level up... You get a sort of unlock point for special modes/modifiers of special equipment, but all of the current ships only carry a max of 2 of these, and only one mode each can be active at the same time... So these points are largely unused.
Your stats also rise automatically... You can augment them a little bit with some extra item (gotta stack 3 of these for an upgrade point). Point cost for stat upgrades increases each time you upgrade the same stat and the upgrade item was fairly rare.

Ship and special equipment balance is pretty skewed right now, and the regular weapons don't seem all that exciting tbh.

On the upside you do get newtonian flight with inertial dampeners off, and it's 6 axis flight in general. So none of that fighters handling like atmospheric craft bs ala star wars or starlancer etc.

I'm going to wait until they've added more content and worked on the systems a bit before playing this again. Kind of wish the devs hadn't gone the looter shooter route... Or at least went with a different implementation.

Sounds pretty negative I guess, but don't let that stop you from trying it out. Freelancer was pretty damn flawed as well, after all. I would have kept playing if there was more story to be discovered.

Quatlo

Arcane
Its pretty much Descent with some RPG mechanics mixed in. I've really enjoyed it so far, weapons are pretty varied (except seconadaries, its either Rockeye or Tempest, if you know what I mean) You get your normal pew-pew lazors, hitscan lazors, minigun lazors, shotguns, autocannons flak cannons etc. Everyone will find something they like, some weapons could use more oomph in their sound becase noone wants to hear PEW PEW PEW for the whole game.
Im pretty excited.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3109179464637814684

VOD: Last Stinger's Debut Sneak-Peek | Experimental Release
0c5a6225f1981af322f29e9da4c4c6a59f5c81dc.jpg

Hey there, pilots!

The VOD of the last Spring Update, aka Stinger'S Debut, live sneak-peek is up. Ace pilot and beloved Community Ambassador Erik Schrader takes the Stinger for another spin while introducing the all-new item set Umbra & Penumbra, a blaster and flak cannon pairing nicely together. He also goes through rebalancing of some player ships and further tweaks, like new mining SFX and more.

If you want to get into all the nitty-gritty details, here's the changelog and access instructions for the experimental branch.

Happy testing! If things go according to our plans, we should have a nice April fools joke for all pilots that's totally not a joke.

Don't stop being awesome, and see you in space!
Michael and your dedicated ROCKFISH Games Team

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3198126190574377921

The Stinger's Debut Update Is Out | Changelog 0.8.25290
ce56ae8e67ad0aec0ab3b44fd9fdef4272bc7b53.jpg

Greetings, pilots!

Spring is here, and we’re dropping another meaty content update as promised. Along with a new fighter class, new ship modules, new story content, and new enemy ships, we’ve also made major changes to the crafting system, mining, and resource management as well as how ship devices work. We also addressed progression issues and reprioritized difficulty settings and localization. Meaning, we’re ahead of schedule! So let’s get right into it with the official release trailer.

Stinger’s Debut
Stinger’s Debut, previously titled Rogue’s Debut in the 2022 roadmap, adds the Stinger, EVERSPACE 2’s third light fighter class. This new ship focuses on electronic warfare, making devices a critical component for pilots who favor agile, ability-focused spacecraft. When using ship devices, a third weapon hardpoint underneath the Stinger’s hull is activated, dealing 50% more primary damage.

dd7aeb733cde6c795c6a6f968ca5e8b3984959d9.jpg

The Stinger’s Void Swarm Ultimate instantly resets device cooldowns and releases a swarm of aggressive micro-bots that consume everything in their way, prioritizing the locked target. Upon return, these bots restore the player ship’s hull and armor based on damage dealt. Stinger vessels can roll with random perks like 20% reduced cooldown for support or warfare devices, Void Swarm radius increased by 25%, or become cloaked for five seconds after its shield is depleted.

New Story Content
As we announced in our 2022 roadmap news in December last year, the spring update will feature “a bit more” story content among lots of other things. While there are “only” one and half main missions left to conclude the Early Access portion of the story campaign, it finishes with a large-scale boss battle and major storyline beat before things continue into the grand finale at full release.

cb3f71cd7969c5071b02655ad58cfbbc7edb6e0f.jpg

We also added the 2nd part of the multi-stage side mission Parasite. As many of you might recall, Adam now has to prevent a computer virus from spreading all over the DMZ that he has accidentally unleashed, so he’ll need help from his new, dubious hacker friend, Fallon Pango.

New Enemy Ships
With the continuation of the story, we also introduce new enemy ships, like the Okkar Clerical Corvette and the Okkar Prime units. With the introduction of these ships, time to share some lore with those not familiar with the Okkar that were introduced in the predecessor.

The Okkar Fleet manufactures its own ships, weaponry, and mining equipment without the aid of independent contractors. Private corporations do not exist in Okkar society, the concept of capitalism was unknown until the arrival of Colonials in the 30th Century. Nonetheless, this has not prevented Okkar technology from developing on par withto human advancement, although distinctively different in design and function. Experts put the origins of Okkar space exploration and technological development at some one thousand solar years before humans.

3ffe9d12e6e979489fe43f70987b4f3c1ceac9ca.jpg

The Okkar Clerical Corvette belongs to the cleric caste. Generally, ships like this are seen on diplomatic missions to ease tension between Humans and the Okkar after the war, but its advanced high-tech warfare capabilities are meant to leave no doubt about who would be in control if a situation should get out of hand or escalate into a serious military conflict.

7e834847ebae309cf8a8996fe4bfdafd898519d1.jpg

The Okkar Prime are a patriotic subfaction wanting to rid the Beltegrades of Colonials altogether and restore all Okkar territories lost in the war. They agitate within their society for war and intervene against the more peaceful ruling clerical caste.

Overhauled Crafting
As always, EVERSPACE 2 is all about that sweet, sweet loot. The crafting system is designed to complement the player’s gear growth when loot drop RNG isn’t working as desired. However, “filling in the gaps” is neither the crafting system’s main nor sole purpose. Our overhaul gives purpose to crafting from the beginning of a new save file to beyond the final mission; no RNG needed. This has been accomplished through the resource overhaul, granting access to new blueprints through a far more accessible system.

b13526750cac819ef61a460519f80cea17cb1c63.jpg

Item blueprints are needed before crafting, and our veteran players know a blueprint can be earned by dismantling three of the same item at the same tier. To make progression just a little easier, we’ve made blueprints infrequently drop from enemies as well. Instead of RNG working against the player, now it randomly helps instead. This small change gives players faster access to crafting possibilities.

Components (previously called tech resources) have also been added to the crafting list. Because of this, and because of the changes above, a lot of the RNG that hindered players before is quickly vanishing. We’ve seen forum posts trying to find ways to spawn certain components over others (spoiler: they don’t), so being able to craft with a handful of ingredients should be a powerfully welcome addition.

8ee240bb98ce6aa40a50e208cdfdfed807a942ad.jpg

Speaking of additions, catalysts are powerful new craftables that can directly specialize an item’s prefix through modification, however, the blueprints themselves are harder to find. Instead of being dropped from random enemies, catalyst blueprints can only be found from high-risk location bosses. Also, this is just the first round of catalysts. More will appear in the future, opening up new customization routes by tampering with item modifiers themselves.

With all these overhauls, it is more than possible to track the location of desired resources, build a specific much-needed component, and upgrade a desired perk or craft a catalyst.

Reworked Ship Devices
Device progression has been fundamentally changed. Upon acquiring a device, players can now upgrade it up to four times, improving the duration or strength of the device’s effects, increasing the number of charges, or lower cooldown timers. The previous three modes are now unlocked once you master a device by maxing out its level, and you can freely swap between all three modes so long as the device isn’t on cooldown.

ff1fcfdb17852d3603337036749cff41add262dc.jpg

Choose device upgrades carefully, however. If you want to remove the upgrades you’ve applied, you’ll have to spend crafting ingredients to peel them off. Good thing the crafting inventory is now limitless!

Rebalanced XP plus WIP Difficulty Settings
With the EVERSPACE 2 Stinger’s Debut update, we’re also addressing balancing and progression issues, again. The XP curve has been flattened at the beginning, so when starting a new game, players should hit level 10 after playing through all main and side story content as well as completing all challenges in Ceto. Since complaints about the game being too hard or too easy have still been the biggest issue even after several rounds of rebalancing, we also introduced experimental difficulty levels: Very Easy / Easy / Normal / Hard / Very Hard, which can be changed anytime.

The system is still at an early stage and just the first step to providing more pilots with the level of challenge they are looking for. On Very Hard, our most skilled devs finally started seeing a proper challenge when playing EVERSPACE 2 for real. For a change, they occasionally die even when using every trick they have up their sleeves. On Very Easy, even less skilled pilots can enjoy the adventure through space without breaking too much of a sweat when learning combat and build mechanics of the game.

Right now, the settings affect enemy damage output, enemy aim accuracy, and enemy health, but we also plan to add different enemy spawn rates, game economy, and gameplay rules aka handicaps much as we did in the predecessor. Of course, difficulty settings will also have an impact on loot and resources drop rate and quality in the launch version of the game.

WIP Localization
Another re-prioritized feature is the addition of WIP language support for German, French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Czech, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Furthermore, we also plan to enable our community to add further languages through Crowdin[support.crowdin.com] which we will add in the future if there’s enough demand.

Now, even though the game’s story content is not complete yet, we’re already at a whopping 80,000+ word count and we’re using a lot of genre-specific terms as well as puns that carry on for several missions. We’ve been working with our professional localization friends from Synthesis[www.synthesis-germany.com] on the listed languages above. However, we can tell from double-checking the German version that a lot of things can be lost in translation. So, if anyone finds any awkward or incorrect translation, we would highly appreciate the community’s support to iron out any kinks before the full release.

Last but not least, shout out to Polish science-fiction author Stanisław Lem[www.facebook.com] for letting HIVE borrow various quotes from the novel The Cyberiad[en.wikipedia.org] in the Polish language version of EVERSPACE 2, free of charge. During the process of translating the game into Polish, our localization partners came up with this idea, and we just loved it, but no spoilers!

Demo Content
While less important to all you Kickstarter Backer who already have Early Access, the content-gated EVERSPACE 2 demo on Steam has been updated with all relevant changes, including WIP localization. In the updated demo, players from all over the globe can explore the first sector of EVERSPACE 2’s first star system and carry their save game over to Early Access. Got a friend on the fence about EVERSPACE 2? Point them at the demo to get hands-on before buying!

Changelog 0.8.25290
Features
  • Added text localization for various languages (work in progress)
  • Added new main mission and new side missions
  • Added new player ship class: Stinger
  • Added new enemy faction: Okkar Prime
  • Added new voice recordings (no Text-To-Speech fallbacks in version 0.8)
  • Added new ship modules for heavy and light player ship classes
  • Added new companion perk for decreasing cruise mode charge duration
  • Added new weapons and modules
  • Added new "Sustained" weapon prefix that increases energy capacity
  • Added new item sets
  • Added option to show a horizon indicator in HUD
  • Added an option to en- or disable pausing of the game when window is unfocused (community suggestion)
  • Blueprints for crafting equipment can now be found or received by dismantling the respective item multiple times
  • Parts, mineable resources, components and catalysts are now stored in a separate crafting inventory, no longer occupying space of cargo or storage
  • Crafting of components (formerly tech resources) and catalysts now possible
  • Mining resources has the chance of spawning the same resource in a higher rarity
  • Mined resources are now displayed in the location info window once the Location Scanner perk level 2 has been unlocked
  • Devices can now be upgraded and mastered. Upgrading increases device attributes. Mastering unlocks all device modes
  • UI: Added dedicated crafting tab to ingame menu
  • UI: Added option (toggle) to show current item level on top of the item icon within inventories
  • UI: Added new sorting option "SortByLevel" for cargo inventories
  • UI: Added total selling value info when selling multiple items at once
  • UI: Added ingame dialog log to the pause menu to recap the most recent conversations
Tweaks
  • Revised ore and crystal resources and properly distributed them among regions of all systems
  • Removed random spawns in the last stage of mission "The Convert"
  • Dialogs get aborted when involved speakers are destroyed
  • Improved texture streaming
  • Improved video ram usage
  • Speedward shield will now also recharge during cruise drive
  • Reworked Outlaw Bomb Thrower: No more invincibility shield but a fast high-capacity shield
  • Reworked Outlaw Bomb Thrower barrel bombs: Less damage but disable shields for a few seconds
  • Slightly decreased Cruise Booster's cruise mode charge duration
  • Improved handling of player attacking the freighter during "Picking Up The Pieces"
  • When having to get rid of all interfering creatures during "X Marks The Spot", a vague search area waypoint is now displayed
  • Combined log books 2 & 3 in "X Marks The Spot" into one and removed one "locate signal" task
  • Invasions will not show a warning banner anymore and often spawn farther away so that invaders do not target the player immediately
  • Show in marker details when hovered from further away if a pickup is needed as an ingredient for a tracked perk
  • Renamed Mainframe Expansion to Mainframe Component
  • Renamed Augment to Mainframe Expansion
  • "3rd Person Camera Stiffness" setting now affects linear camera lag
  • Limited linear camera lag to prevent player ship from leaving the screen
  • Ship colors and decals don't get previewed on hover/select anymore. They now only change when "equip" is pressed
  • Improved performance in Charybdis Bowl
  • Tareen now flies a ship that looks like the one he used in original Everspace
  • Use a new icon for debris from which drones can be spawned when flying Vindicator
  • Changed "Adapt Item" to "Remove Level Restriction". This modification now also costs slightly more parts
  • Made ship handling a little more tangible through slight tweaks in banking/inertia behavior
  • Changed EMP Generator "Short Circuit" mode to apply normal energy damage instead of damaging the shield only
  • Updated Outlaw Drone Carrier link drone visual effect
  • Increased Redeemer Inquisitor hull and shield HP
  • Outlaw Vipers are now immune to corrosion
  • Prevent Disintegrator from accumulating excessive backwards acceleration
  • "Powerful" and "Marksman" affixes can now also appear / be applied to launcher weapons
  • Enemies, except for Anti-Missile Drones, can no longer shoot down player missiles
  • Balanced prefix chances for items
  • Balancing: Increased probability of Elite enemies with player level
  • Balancing: Slightly increased Outlaw Missile Turret damage
  • Balancing: Increased Synchro Pulse energy consumption and spread
  • Balancing: Adjusted shield and armor bonuses for all ships to match late-game hull hitpoint values
  • Balancing: Slower leveling, less xp from lower-level enemies, less aggressive downscaling of enemies to player level
  • Balancing: Decreased hull hitpoint bonus gained from Structure attribute
  • Balancing: Increased shield capacity scaling, use same scaling for armor with lowered base values
  • Balancing: Increased divergence of shield and armor bonus values between ship classes
  • Balancing: Added two additional underside turrets to Outlaw Drone Carrier
  • Balancing: Outlaw Drone Carriers now spawn combat drones
  • Balancing: Reduced "Crit Happens" perk range from 500m to 300m
  • Balancing: Reduced Striker expertise scaling
  • Balancing: Slightly reduced Precision scaling
  • Balancing: Adjusted Firepower scaling curve for greater damage bonus in early game and less in late game
  • Balancing: Signal Decoders will now only drop from outlaw stations, some rare containers, elites and capital ships
  • Balancing: Slightly reduced drop chance of colors
  • Balancing: Increased Outlaw Drone Carrier drone respawn delay
  • Balancing: Reduced Raid Booster effect
  • Balancing: Increased Flak range and damage, reduced energy consumption
  • Balancing: Increased Vindicator drone damage Expertise scaling
  • Balancing: Increased Vindicator "Phalanx" fire rate bonus
  • UI: Use dedicated HUD marker icons for Ancient Rune and Ancient Rune Socket
  • UI: Tweaked dialog box design
  • UI: Show "new" highlight on freshly unlocked and not yet viewed colors and decals in customization screen
  • UI: Enemies currently debuffed by player receive a special offscreen indicator in HUD
  • UI: Show obstructed interactable and structure HUD markers with dotted outline
  • UI: New icons for several items
  • UI: Show potential resource yields instead of amount of resources mined in the location info tooltip
  • UI: Changed xp bar color and only show xp numbers in menus
  • UI: Ship stats panel was slightly redesigned and optimized
  • UI: Various performance improvements for item rendering
  • UI: New stackable item price info showing dedicated "per Item"-price as well as total stack price
  • UI: Overhauled design of repair and restock buttons in hangar tab
  • UI: Added animated background for launch action button on stations
  • UI: Item selection - "Other ships"-navigation now using L2R2 navigation instead of R3 cycle behavior
  • UI: Changed multi-sell action label from "Sell" to "SellAll" to be more precise
  • UI: Cooldown slot animations are synchronized now
  • UI: Item info widget - optimized scrolling to exclude empty space at scrollbox bottom
  • UI: Reduced opacity for item stack amount when maxed (community suggestion)
  • UI: Overhauled crafting UI/UX to support new crafting-tab and -inventory
  • UI: Re-added expand/collapse cargo view button in ship inventory headline
  • UI: The number of Device Ugrade Points and Mainframe Expansions is now displayed in yellow color if greater than 0
  • UI: Optimized action button caption paddings for non-hold actions
Bugfixes
  • Fixed bonus attributes changing their value after saving and reloading the game
  • Fixed Gunship Arsenal perk: Double fire rate for async weapons, double damage for sync weapons
  • Fixed that Vindicator Drones were attacked by neutral Outlaw Group during "The Good, The Bad & The Decent"
  • Fixed being able to destroy Maddocks' ship inside the storage hangar during "The Magic Of Umami"
  • Fixed a potential mission blocker when killing Maddocks right before reaching the end of the chase in Sato during "The Magic Of Umami"
  • Fixed that "Downtime Warrior" perk was not affecting secondary weapon energy on Bomber
  • Fixed freighter in front of Smuggler Base during "The Vortex" not having any collision
  • Fixed being able to use the Flying Dutchess' Beacon near Khala's Vessel during "Picking Up The Pieces" although she was already present
  • Fixed winding up outside of cave during "The Emissary" if loading initial auto-save and immediately creating manual save and then loading that save
  • Fixed NPC HUD marker being transparent after game was paused during jump-in
  • Fixed HUD marker "spotted" animation being stuck when game was paused during animation
  • Fixed wrong waypoint image and wrong player position in system view
  • Fixed shield and armor break effect appearing when collecting energy orbs while no armor or shield is equipped
  • Fixed that destroying the plating given by Dax would stop the mission from progressing
  • Fixed that arriving within interaction range of Spatial Bypasses always lead to the "Can't interact during conversation" message being shown
  • Fixed several slide doors accidentally being open
  • Fixed Outlaw Demolisher shooting mines from very far away
  • Fixed being able to fast-travel to the same location you are currently at
  • Fixed that the prototype and starforged prefixes lost their effect after increasing an item's rarity
  • Fixed that the mission log for "Gathering Dust" side mission was missing
  • Fixed "Repairs 3" perk not working as intended (was supposed to only repair the ship's hull up to 30% if lower when docked)
  • Fixed gravitational behavior of Shadow Creatures on planets when they're detached
  • Fixed that "Gathering Dust" side mission was available at the start of "Old Friends," not after
  • Fixed mouse axis inversions not working when using centered crosshair and operating system mouse position
  • Fixed inverted mouse controls not working when having relative mouse controls enabled
  • Fixed Vindicator drones sometimes not disappearing while docked
  • Fixed being able to track an already completed mission when double-clicking on a mission button
  • Fixed a problem in which it was possible that the "Spares & Scrap" mission did not start
  • Fixed ARC9000 explosion not damaging larger ships at certain impact angles
  • Fixed that mines being displayed because of a sensor bonus attribute were staying in sensor memory and were still shown at a large distance
  • Fixed "Downtime Warrior" perk not stacking correctly
  • Fixed critical hit damage using a wrong value
  • Fixed that item rewards for jobs couldn't be claimed
  • Fixed error in Temporal Nano Recompensator "Resurgence" mode description showing wrong repair increase percentage
  • Fixed Drone Carrier link drones not repairing carrier armor correctly
  • Fixed bug in repair costs calculation
  • Fixed implicit downsizing of (cargo) inventories in some cases. (e.g. storage)
  • Fixed some save and restore problems with certain objects like freight containers
  • Fixed a few issues with Loot screen that gets shown when not all items could be picked up
  • Fixed that "pull all" on pickups was sometimes not possible
  • Fixed that "Redeemers" name was missing in the "kills" stats
  • Fixed player projectiles colliding with player missiles
  • Fixed player Flak projectiles being triggered by player missiles/mines
  • Fixed NPC missiles spawning with a too large offset
  • UI: Fixed loss of focus after clicking quick repair and quick restock buttons
  • UI: Multiple improvements and fixes for screens with non-16:9 aspect ratio
  • UI: Fixed potential bug that repair action was available in item selection even though it isn't available on the station
  • UI: Fixed that shop inventory might not be sorted correctly after mission items were added to an already visited shop inventory
  • UI: Fixed various smaller color & alignment issues in ingame menu
  • UI: Fixed rebuy indicator disappearing after selling items to shop
  • UI: Fixed multiple bugs regarding devices in shop inventory
  • UI: Fixed that side-by-side info would not scroll on gamepad in case current item wasn't scrollable as well
  • UI: Fixed that the damaged equipment indicator wasn't refreshed after repairing
  • UI: Fixed mainframe expansion points animation problems
  • UI: Fixed homebase storage space counter not always being correct
The following changes are only relevant if you have been playing a preview of this update on the experimental branch:

Features (Experimental relevant only)
  • (Exp) Added one additional light fighter body module
Tweaks (Experimental relevant only)
  • (Exp) Balancing: Slightly reduced drop chance of blueprints
  • (Exp) Replaced superior kinetic damage Catalyst with rare energy damage Catalyst
  • (Exp) Balancing: Reduced Void Swarm repair amount
  • (Exp) Balancing: Tweaked some Catalyst effect values and rarities
  • (Exp) Worked in localization feedback from the community at crowdin.com
  • (Exp) UI: Catalyst slots and action buttons in catalyst selection are now clickable
  • (Exp) UI: Disabled catalyst selection and show info banner in case there are no compatible catalysts available
  • (Exp) UI: Refined catalyst modification description
  • (Exp) UI: Added dedicated item category icon for catalysts
  • (Exp) UI: Items cannot be modified anymore while they are damaged
  • (Exp) UI: Fully implemented reworked device appearance including upgrade animations
Bugixes (Experimental relevant only)
  • (Exp) Fixed that "Okkar Prime" name was missing in the "kills" stats
  • (Exp) Fixed that obsolete items were gone instead of replaced when loading an older savegame
  • (Exp) Fixed Freelancer Cargo Carrier not exploding correctly
  • (Exp) Common Catalysts are now always unlocked
  • (Exp) Swift Catalyst can now also be applied to Disintegrator
  • (Exp) Fixed one Stinger passive being wrongly assigned to the Scout
  • (Exp) Fixed Optimized and Prototype Catalysts not working on modules
  • (Exp) Fixed Void Swarm not resetting device cooldowns
  • (Exp) Fixed that obsolete Catalysts and Affixes were not removed when loading a game
  • (Exp) Fixed that Cruise Drive Duration perk did not unlock under certain conditions
  • (Exp) Fixed bug where Cruise Booster's cruise drive activation time would be overwritten by upgrading the perk
  • (Exp) Fixed Okkar Corvette shooting through its own geometry
  • (Exp) Fixed mining Catalyst bonus attributes not being removed when applying a new Catalyst
  • (Exp) Fixed some dialogue lines repeating during mission "The Emissary"
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed that the item info in the "Modify" screen could not be scrolled using a controller
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed that the device description text wasn't clipped properly after scrolling
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed overlapping descriptions in catalyst selection screen
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed a bug that occured after a companion was unlocked but no perks were shown
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed that the repair banner of an item tooltip could have elements from the device upgrade banner
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed a bug in which the amount of an item for sale would get bigger after buying
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed a bug in which the item rarity wasn't instantly updated after a modification
  • (Exp) UI: Fixed that the dialog board entries always showed "text-to-speech placeholder"

Well, this concludes our first major content update of 2022 with two more to come, one in summer, one in fall, before we wrap up production and will only be working on final polish for the full release, currently scheduled for early 2023. Check out our 2022 roadmap for more details.

So there’s still plenty of work ahead of us, but we’ll keep you in the loop with our weekly gamedev & community streams so that everyone can see for themselves where production is at, on Twitch[www.twitch.tv] and YouTube, every Friday from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm CEST / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT.

Don’t stop being awesome, and see you in space!

PS: As per usual, we timed another 20% sale with the release of The Stinger's Debut, starting today at 7 pm CEST / 1:00 pm EDT / 10:00 am PDT, so here’s another chance to get in the cockpit and save a few bucks. Note that we’ll raise the price at full release, so you won’t find a better deal to grab a copy of EVERSPACE 2 anytime soon. Unless you’re on Game Pass for PC, that is.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3199255277330093329

VOD: Gamedev & Community Streams April Recap
Secondary Weapon Modifiiers, Hotswapping Plating, New Weapons SFX, Perk Adjustments, High Risk Area Mutators
6cfd47e64c7ef2f37893a9601e7709dad4a2013e.jpg

Hey there, pilots!

The April recap of our gamedev & community live streams is here with the latest changes and new features.

Ace pilots and Community Ambassador Erik talks about secondary weapon modifiers to help make secondaries more varied and interesting. Hotswapping armor was long in the making and a hot community demand, so now it's here (as in the internal dev build) and will come with the summer update to a PC near you.

Gero, our Sound Director, has started implementing weapon SFX based on item rarity, also giving all reworked SFX more oomph. Some perks like Percussive Maintenance have been overhauled to better work with regenerating armor. The biggest change is a new feature called High Risk Area Mutators, adding more variety and greater challenges for hardcore pilots.

May will be another busy month for us with lots of changes and new features, so make sure to stop by our weekly live streams on YouTube and Twitch every Friday 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm CEST / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT!

PS: If you'd like to see a screenshot of yours featured, like the one above by EVERSPACE 2
pilot
Deshra
, join our discord and drop them pretties in the #screenshot channel.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3364765084886117049

VOD: Gamedev & Community Streams May Recap
Rare Energy Orbs | Crafting Tracking | Resource Map | Item Grades and Traits | New Ship Passives
df7756c7409549f3dca7a538ae3fd7eb5dec79ed.jpg

Hey there, pilots!

Goodness space gravy, the May recap of our gamedev & community live streams is here with the latest changes and new features — woot!

Ace pilots and Community Ambassador Erik talks about new types of energy orbs adding a bit more depth to this feature. Tracking required resources for crafting is an all-new feature that goes nicely together with the new resource map mode: not only will you see right away what resources are still required to make that nifty new piece of equipment, but with one click on the map's submenu, you'll see right away where is a good chance to find that precious ore or crystal that's still missing. Furthermore, Erik also goes quite deep into item grades and trades as well as new ship passives — enjoy!

The team is still hard at work to get our big summer update out as planned, and you can look forward to a massive announcement trailer for Drake: Gang Wars dropping soon(TM). As always, make sure to stop by our weekly live streams on YouTube and Twitch[www.twitch.tv] every Friday 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm CEST / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT!

PS: If you'd like to see a screenshot of yours featured, like the one above by EVERSPACE 2
pilot Exel, join our discord[discord.gg] and drop them pretties in the #screenshot channel.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3359138933196884678
VOD: Gamedev & Community Streams June Recap
f49700d0def7b5504f647fd27d5a2440f8bd8890.jpg

Hey there, pilots!

Another busy month for our team has gone by with so much to talk about. Nonetheless, Erik did his best to keep the monthly recap under 4 minutes as we know you guys are busy playing tons of games, right?

The June recap starts off with a slew of fresh concept art of three(!) new factions and other NPCs that will have their debut in the Drake system of the upcoming summer update. Erik then talks about new challenges that will provide permanent bonuses throughout the entire game once you mastered them. Next are new consumables that have been added to the game as well as the possibility to craft consumables which was high on the community's wishlist. But that's not all! You can now craft components from resources, too, so you can build that much-desired Catalyst even though you might not have every single component in place but plenty of others — you're welcome!

Another community request has been to have more ship dealers, so we made the Flying Dutches sell space fighters, too, which should come in super handy, as you can call her in certain areas. It's just a first implementation, and we might extend that feature later on. The highlight of June was of course the reveal of both an icy and a fiery location in the all-new Drake star system.

We know many of you guys can't wait to delve into Drake, but we're not quite there yet. We'll have a few more weekly streams before you can actually try out the new star system for yourselves. Make sure to stop by our weekly live streams not to miss out on the latest in development on YouTube and Twitch[www.twitch.tv] every Friday 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm CEST / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT!

pilot Kizaw, join our discord[discord.gg] and drop them pretties in the #screenshot channel.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3385036356178000310
VOD: Drake: Gang Wars Sneak-Peek | Experimental Release
1e12a0298352147e09dcf7c12761aa502ad5b5fc.jpg

Hey there, pilots!

The VOD of the last live sneak-peek of the Summer Update, aka Drake: Gang Wars, is up. Ace pilot and beloved Community Ambassador Erik Schrader took another deep dive into the new Drake system while talking about the latest additions and improvements before we flipped the switch and dropped the latest dev build on the experimental branch for all daring test pilots to explore before the official release in about a week or so.

If you want to get into all the nitty-gritty details, here's the changelog and access instructions for the experimental branch.

Don't stop being awesome, and happy testing!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3385036356181798380
The Drake: Gang Wars Update Is Out | Changelog 0.9.28028
5efc809826e171ff89ddb58c43350de5dcfc7461.jpg

Greetings, pilots!

The wait is over: the hotly anticipated Summer Update aka Drake: Gang Wars is finally here! It’s our most significant Early Access update, adding tons of new things to the game even though we’re not done yet - there’ll be one more update later this year before we wrap things up and work on the v1.0 release which is still scheduled for early 2023.

For now, you can enjoy Drake, an all-new star system featuring well over a dozen carefully hand-crafted locations with stunning lava and ice environments, underwater exploration, exciting new enemy types and status effects, brand new challenges and puzzles as well as a three-chapter side quest, introducing daring pilots to the new system, and much more. Have a look at our official release trailer!

Drake | New Side Missions
Drake is undoubtedly the star (pun intended) of the summer update with its mesmerizing new lava, ice, and underwater locations. These environments not only look darn pretty; they also feature new damage types that players have to deal with on planets and in open space, too.

68d34f12639debd9c693b03675d5c2f1c877ccb7.jpg

9efded6d760c49b94afcef16ef2d04a292d2494e.jpg

I think both the lava and ice locations are absolutely awesome. However, I was just blown away when I had to go underwater to disable mines and plant my “own” explosives in a gigantic, half-sunken space station. I haven’t seen anything like this in any other game before, and from my own wreck-diving experience I can testify this is precisely how it looks and feels. Granted, I wasn’t scuba diving on another water planet, but you get me. Gosh, I wished we had even more underwater content, but our team already said we might be revisiting those locations, again at v1.0; fingers crossed!

a3835c60e542b6eb9da85714f02ff34d53eeb1b6.jpg

You get to Drake via a side quest you must pick up from Elek at the Homebase in Ceto. It’s quite a deep side quest, expanding over three missions, and will introduce you to the new system, its most prominent locations, new gameplay mechanics, and three new factions.

New Factions
In Drake, you’ll have to deal with three new Factions, the Coalition, Retaliators, and Zurilia. They have quite a vicious beef with each other which will escalate into a massive space battle. I don’t want to spoil too much but here’s some basic info about them.

5bcbb967c183490cf8ecc4154d1a8fed58448261.jpg

The Coalition is a faction that veteran pilots probably still remember from Elek, one of the five side characters in the EVERSPACE — Encounters expansion. It’s loosely named after the Cohhilition community from top streamer CohhCarnage who’s a huge fan of the EVERSPACE series and one of our top Kickstarter backers. This time, he even went for the Space Architect pledge, which allowed helping name and design a space station in the game: The massive Letho Star Port, the main hub in Drake you have seen in the trailer, is what Cohh has been working on together with Uwe, our Creative Director. This is also where the three-chapter side quest kicks into gear — if you know what I mean when checking out Cohh’s logo on his twitch channel[www.twitch.tv].

b8835374ae4b2660883627dfb3d6cc00166f6922.jpg

The next faction you’ll encounter is another fan-inspired faction, The Zurilia, named after Zurilia, another top-tier Kickstarter backer of ours. They control all locations that are fire-themed. Naturally, they are a pretty hot-headed bunch, and even their ships and gear make good use of some fancy heat-based technology, which can severely damage your ship components.

16ea0bb229a3bd2c7ff6cfe523c561ccccf006d4.jpg

The third faction is The Retaliators, who control the water/ice-themed locations in Drake. You might expect them to be cool-headed, but they are also aggressive when you enter their territory, attacking with frosty weapons and dealing stun damage to your ship which can have some dire consequences when hit in the heat of a fight. Ok, my puns are not getting any better, but you’ll get the gist when listening to their dialog. ;)

BTW, since we know that not everyone is a fan of our TTS placeholders, keep in mind the new story content will be voiced at v1.0; the same goes for localization as things are still subject to change, and to make sure that voice-recording and translating text and UI are worthwhile, we need to hit a certain amount of lines.

New Perks
With the new update, we raised the player level cap to 25 and added three new player perks. Pro-tip: Retaliation, reflecting 30% of incoming damage to your attackers, is especially useful when dealing with the new damage types within the Drake system.

a73c347823b8ecd62bbce860467610d67b3b0a26.jpg

Good ol’ buddy Tareen, also known from the Encounters expansion, received new perks for ship dealers.

0401742d5de33c10f38bd459ce3af5c95ed5701a.jpg

Lastly, HIVE also offers a new perk, improving your ability to switch secondaries mid-battle.

d89cc50a37c0df6d18af01c3e774e89f9fab220f.jpg

High-Risk Area Mutators
High-risk areas have received a major upgrade by adding Mutators into the mix. These expand upon the gameplay variety while creating a higher challenge for those who want to get a taste of what to expect in the upcoming endgame of EVERSPACE 2. And yes, HRA bosses are now a delicious loot piñata.

b7a767d273085d40db46b4b5855ce8dc5c00cc80.jpg

There are a number of positive mutators, like “Enemies dropping lots of credits upon death”, “G&B reinforcements on-site”, or “Spawn a protector sphere generator, which can be grabbed and used to get immunity to debuffs. On the negative, you might have to deal with “Enemies deal area damage upon death”, “Enemies drop proximity mines upon death”, “Enemies slowly repair their hull”, “Two bosses”, “Enemies are resistant to EMP”, “Enemies leave behind corrosion fields when killed”, and more nasty surprises.

QoL Improvements
Furthermore, the team has been working on several Quality of Life improvements, many of which were community-inspired. For instance, the possibility to craft consumables. But that's not all! You can now craft components from resources, too, so you can build that much-desired Catalyst even though you might not have every single component in place but plenty of others — you're welcome!

74766e82eb92445f9d729aa759940f64df5adb65.jpg

Tracking required resources for crafting is an all-new feature that goes nicely together with the new resources map mode. Not only will you see right away what resources are still required to make that nifty new piece of equipment, but with one click on the map's submenu, you'll see right away where chances are high to find that precious ore or crystal that's still missing.

Hot-swapping armor was long in the making and a hot community demand, too, so now it's here! Furthermore, some perks like Percussive Maintenance have been overhauled to better work with regenerating armor.

Not really a QoL improvement but very noticeable: Gero, our Sound Director, has implemented significantly improved weapon SFX based on item rarity, giving primaries more oomph and distinction.

Major Rebalancing
With Drake: Gang Wars Early Access pilots are also receiving a massive round of rebalancing based on internal playtests and community feedback, which is one of the main reasons for our open-development approach. Therefore, we highly encourage everyone to start a new game and let us know how the progression/difficulty feels on the Steam forums. Especially around level 10, the difficulty curve should feel much better now. That said, we also want to give all pilots a heads-up that Drake sits at a much higher difficulty level, so you will have to use all your weaponry, consumables, ship devices and mainframe expansions to the fullest while also keeping your gear up to your current player level to succeed. Also, we strongly recommend doing side activities and not just beeline through the story content — Drake is no picnic in space!

TrackIR and AMD FSR Support
On the technical side, TrackIR support and AMD FSR have also been added to the game. The implementation of TrackIR was much more complicated than we thought — the devil was in the details, as it always is. However, Ingmar, our technical programmer, didn’t let go, and we’re pleased with the result. He was also responsible for implementing AMD FSR and is still working with our friends at AMD on improving the experience with FSR 2.0 further down the road.

Changelog - 0.9.28028
Features
  • Added new star system: Drake
  • Added new side missions
  • Added new faction: Coalition
  • Added new enemy faction: Retaliators
  • Added new enemy faction: Zurilia
  • Added mutators to high-risk areas
  • Added crafting of consumables
  • Added new companion perks
  • Added new player perks
  • Increased level cap to 25
  • Added new music
  • Added new challenges
  • Added new consumables
  • Tier 3 ships are now available at ship dealers
  • Added new ship modules
  • Added new decals
  • Added new weapon sounds
  • Added new secondary weapon bonus attributes
  • Added new passives for all ship sub-classes
  • Added new map mode to show resource deposits
  • Added new job type in Drake system: "Battle Support"
  • Added option to enable TrackIR v5
  • Added option to enable AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution
  • Added option to hide XP numbers
  • Added tracking of resources
  • Added action to craft from an empty equipment slot
  • Added an info banner when all secrets have been discovered in a location
  • Added shortcut keys (and bindings) to directly open specific menu pages like "Missions" and "Perks"
  • Added pre-caching and quick refresh for crafting tab to improve performance
  • Added proper (gamepad-) navigation for crafting inventory incl. implicit scrolling
  • Added various new G&B turrets
Tweaks
  • Armor can now be swapped out at any time
  • Prevent Flak projectiles from triggering while player is inside damage radius (prevents most cases of accidental self-damage)
  • Armor hits will now also trigger the "Percussive Maintenance" perk
  • Consumables now have item rarities assigned to them
  • Freshly installed primary weapons now start with 0 energy and need to charge first
  • Potential mining yield display on the star map can now be unlocked earlier with a HIVE perk
  • Vanguard Time Extender ULT will now leave the ship mostly unaffected by the time dilation
  • Changed movement pattern and speed of first Outlaw boss' ship so it can be hit easier
  • Wrecks will now fully repair a Vindicator drone when used
  • Enemies now have better accuracy when firing at stationary targets
  • ARC-9000 explosion can now be triggered manually by deactivating the ULT prematurely
  • The Flying Dutchess is now also offering a handful of ships (via perk)
  • An alternative set of passives of offered ships can now be chosen (via perk)
  • Ship dealer offers can now be rerolled every 10 minutes (via perk)
  • Shops will now sometimes offer equipment 1 or 2 levels above the player level
  • Jobs now give faction-independent "renown" instead of faction-based "standing" (consolidated old save files by transferring "standing" into "renown")
  • Decals are now unlocked after completing certain side missions, reaching a certain renown rank, or when completing Prescott Starbase location 100% (when loading old save games decals are given retroactively)
  • The small lines at the top and bottom of the HUD now turn red while in combat (if any enemy is targeting the player or if any enemy is within 2km range)
  • Tweaked look of G&B ships and turrets
  • Tweaked look of Maddocks' freighter
  • Refined many environments and assets
  • Moved autosave file generation after undocking to start of animation to avoid freeze while flying out
  • Integrated localization changes suggested from Crowdin community
  • EMP Generator "Shield Surge" mode will now restore 10% shield hitpoints for each target hit, instead of an explicit value
  • Fusion Hook now takes ship mass into account
  • Balancing: Rebalanced loot rarity drop chance
  • Balancing: Doubled effect of high-velocity affix
  • Balancing: Mainframe Expansions will now increase an attribute's value by 5%, not by 20 points
  • Balancing: Reduced player ship base shield and plating hitpoints
  • Balancing: Increased armor and shield bonuses of most player ships across the board
  • Balancing: Increased player ship hitpoint scaling from tier level
  • Balancing: Reduced Structure attribute scaling
  • Balancing: Increased base weapon damage but reduced Firepower scaling
  • Balancing: Revised energy economy and leveled out shield, boost, and weapon energy to equal ranges
  • Balancing: Reduced Quantum Tether duration from 20s to 16s
  • Balancing: Buffed "Prime Zapper" and "Equalizer" coil guns and made them feel more unique
  • Balancing: Increased Corrosion Injector damage
  • Balancing: Reduced Armor Drone buff radius
  • Balancing: Increased Annihilator Virus cooldown, slightly reduced range and damage
  • Balancing: Switched Annihilator Virus damage types so it will primarily deal kinetic damage
  • Balancing: Dismantling items will now yield fewer lower rarity parts
  • Balancing: Increasing the rarity of an item now also requires lower rarity parts
  • Balancing: High-Risk Area bosses and Elite units will have a greater chance to drop higher rarity loot
  • Balancing: Decreased Outlaw Drone Carrier deployment frequency for Link Drones
  • Balancing: Reduced Scatter Gun charge duration by 50%
  • Balancing: Increased Flak range and damage radius
  • Balancing: Reduced Rail Gun energy consumption
  • Balancing: Increased Missile Defense System duration
  • Balancing: Decreased Recharge Booster's recharge delay
  • Balancing: Revised Bloodstar Repeater, making it more competitive
  • Balancing: Significantly increased Scatter Gun damage
  • UI: Reworked catalyst selection including craft & install functionality
  • UI: Added option to craft missing components to speed up catalyst and consumable crafting
  • UI: Reworked error-prone "tap to show" (unlock-) banner behavior and added proper queuing
  • UI: Added and improved multiple smaller features for the perk tab like invest indicators
  • UI: Perks - Changed that invest indicator is only visible if player can upgrade the perk
  • UI: The state of having the dialog board open or closed in the pause menu is now sa

• UI: Added option to immediately resume the game from the "game saved" screen
  • UI: Change style of HUD warning that warns players that a mission will fail when leaving the location
  • UI: Prototype and Starforged Items now stand out more
  • UI: Added border to clickable buttons
  • UI: Items now display the name of the companion perk and the current invest ratio if this item is tracked
  • UI: Added complete new indicator logic for the crafting tab (e.g. unlocked blueprints)
  • UI: Stackable items in shop or container now show the owned item amount in the upper right corner of their item info widget
  • UI: Optimized display logic of the item level arrow indication
  • UI: Added quick jump markers when buying resources
  • UI: Crafting inventory now lists already found resources even if current amount is zero. (To make them trackable)
  • UI: Crafting panel - Multiple design adjustments and optimizations (e.g. requirements)
  • UI: Crafting: Removed result screen for catalysts and components to speed up the process
  • UI: Crafting tab - Added ship cargo empty slot ratio
  • UI: Added an error message after trying to unequip an overheated item
  • UI: Added an animation for the compare slot indicator image
  • UI: Added "new" indicator for devices within device pool (will be reset after device was equipped for the first time)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed Gunship turret tracking targets without line of sight
  • Fixed Plating Item not receiving condition change when armor hitpoints are healed via Void Swarm
  • Fixed that Outlaw ships launched from Redeemer base hangars
  • Fixed that some pillar-shaped asteroids in random Zharkov locations still could have a wrong rotation
  • Fixed that some "Rips in Space" tasks did not succeed when having them active at the time of installing update 0.8
  • Fixed location progression bug where one secret was counted multiple times, leading to > 5/4 display and >100% completion rate
  • Fixed question marks shown for location progression on some occasions
  • Fixed missing Expertise name for Stinger in Ship Dealer screen
  • Fixed compare values falsely transferring from Ship Dealer tooltips to Ship tab tooltips
  • Fixed health and ULT ratio falsely taken from different ship when switching ships on Homebase and undocking
  • Fixed Gunship turret not being hidden when arriving via Spatial Bypass
  • Fixed Excessive Force perk falsely working without a shield installed
  • Fixed high-capacity secondary weapons not using less energy when flying the Bomber
  • Fixed Teleporter's "Parting Gift" Mode mine damage not scaling with Utility
  • Fixed ARC-9000 and Quantum Tether recharging their own ULT energy
  • Fixed Scorpion Missile having an infinite range
  • Fixed upgrading rarity of plating items
  • Fixed ULT icon and charge ratio not immediately updating after changing ships on Homebase
  • Fixed destroying enemies with mines not repairing armor
  • Mounted turrets are less likely to hit their owner and do not cause damage if they do
  • Fixed Spatial Bypass locations not being selectable on any zoom level
  • Fixed that there was an Outlaw Turret in one of the random Redeemer bases
  • Fixed hud marker of vindicator drone wrecks disappearing after ULT use
  • Fixed that under certain conditions it was possible to infect yourself with your own Annihilator Virus
  • Fixed that some location actors like turrets were not respawning after some hours
  • Fixed that weapon characteristics like splash damage could carry over if you swap weapons before the projectile hits
  • Fixed optimized affix still present on item after installing new affix catalyst
  • Fixed corrosion mines spawned from minefields applying too much corrosion damage
  • Fixed zero amount pickups being spawned for hardened ore patch explosion
  • Fixed that when completing a job with item rewards and pressing tab while "claim rewards" was shown, no xp, credits, or renown (used to be standing) were given if item reward was then claimed before leaving the current location
  • Fixed that Eclipse weapon switch buff was not granted when directly equipping weapons via hotkey
  • Fixed that modify action wasn't displayed for purchased equipment
  • Fixed that missile locking animation and sound persisted when uninstalling all secondary weapons while currently in the process of locking
  • Fixed Fusion Hook activation VFX
  • Fixed that Vindicator drones would attack and potentially kill Maddocks during chase
  • UI: Fixed that amount of items in crafting inventory was sometimes clipped while scrolling
  • UI: Fixed that longer item names may have been cut off in the shop tab
  • UI: Fixed multiple smaller spacing and alignment problems with the numeric font
  • UI: Fixed item selection button design in crafting modify panel
  • UI: Repair widget gamepad navigation was sometimes broken
  • UI: Fixed some minor rendering issues of inventory sorting icons
  • UI: Fixed Quickly CTRL+Left click on a lot of items for mass-marking sometimes skips one
  • UI: Fixed that item icon shine animation wasn't always working
  • UI: Fixed that using the mouse-wheel in the device selection menu could lead to unexpected selection behavior
  • UI: Fixed misleading outdated equipment indicator on coilgun in tutorial
  • UI: Fixed missing refresh of cooldown slot animation after "craft and equip" of secondaries
  • UI: Item selection - Fixed that slot indication frame of source item wasn't properly rendered sometimes
  • UI: Item selection - Scroll indication bar at bottom was accidentally shown in case there was nothing to equip
  • UI: Item selection - Fixed bug that ship inventory was invisible when trying to swap fully stacked consumables of the same type
  • UI: Item selection - Fixed bug in "other ships" category that was listing empty slots after ships slots expansion via Tareen perk
  • UI: Item selection - Fixed multiple bugs when installing consumables from another ship
  • UI: Item selection - Fixed that initial slot information may have been wrong for modules in some cases
  • UI: Fixed bug that ingame inventory could be rendered haft transparent due to stuck fadeIn-animation
  • UI: Fixed Preferred compare target slot logic was not fully working in some cases
  • UI: Fixed that moving the mouse during crafting (hold-) action may reset the progress sometimes
  • UI: Fixed Elek perk requirements. For new games, upgrading the Elek perk now requires an Equalizer (coil gun)
Tweaks (Only relevant when having played on the experimental branch before)
  • Increased Advanced Combat Challenge Reward Buff duration from 10 to 20 seconds
  • Changed secondary autofire bonus attribute to only work for locked targets and missiles
Bugfixes (Only relevant when having played on the experimental branch before)
  • Fixed that there could be floating turrets and other weird issues in a generic Zurilia base
  • Fixed that some cargo drone containers could be opened by shooting them instead of requiring interaction
  • Fixed that there was an engine trail missing on some of the new ship modules
  • Fixed that upgrading prototype gear did not change the ring color
  • Fixed asteroid turrets in high-risk areas not giving XP and armor refill
  • Fixed that "Wealthy Foes" mutator could spawn Bloodstar equipment and credits for boss entourage in high-risk areas
  • Fixed Advanced Combat Challenge Reward Buff triggering after loading
  • Fixed that the "Flying Dutchess sells ships" perk was not considered for shop/ship dealer icons on the map and in space
  • Fixed Fusion Hook being usable underwater
  • UI: Fixed that inventory mark action was active in some cases even though no slot was selected

Ok, and that’s that for our summer update! We hope you will enjoy all the new content, improvements, and fixes, and we very much look forward to your esteemed feedback. If you like the experience, please give us a thumbs up, leave a comment, or even a positive review, which really does help a lot. If you don’t, feel free to let us know, too. Rest assured, we read every comment and every review, while we hope for your understanding that we won’t be able to please anyone, and that some features would be just too much work or simply don’t fit into our vision for EVERSPACE 2.

With that, I’ll leave you to it, and we hope to see many pilots in our first official Drake: Gang Wars live stream on Twitch[www.twitch.tv] and YouTube, every Friday from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm CEST / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT. This time, we’ll have another premiere, as Garry, aka GeekByteUK, long-term EVERSPACE fan and Kickstarter backer for both titles will be your host since Erik, aka Giraffasaur, our beloved Community Ambassador, is on another short break.

Don’t stop being awesome, and see you in Drake!

PS: As per usual, we timed another sale with the release of the Drake: Gang Wars update. This time, however, it’s 25% off, so this is now the best time to pick up EVERSPACE 2 as we’ll raise the price at the release of v1.0, so you won’t find a better deal to grab a copy of EVERSPACE 2 anytime soon; unless you’re on Game Pass for PC, that is.

Jinn

Arcane
Found out there's level-scaling in this and it instantly killed my space-shooty boner I got from playing the demo. When will these fucking developers learn?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128920/view/3257812203983732137
VOD: Gamedev & Community Streams July Recap
Level (Re)Scaling | Attribute Adjustments | New Perks | New Vindicator Modules | Flak Smart Ammo | Informed Device Range
78eb479d9f54b8016578765a6fe7cc19b76641b9.jpg

Hey there, pilots!

We're a bit late with our monthly recap due to the major content update that dropped earlier this month. Nonetheless, we want to give you a quick wrap-up of what we've been covering in our weekly gamedev & community streams the month before
Drake: Gang Wars
was released.

So in July, Erik covered the level rescaling to give pilots a better feeling of gear progression, making you feel more powerful the higher the item level that gear is dropping with. We're aware that some pilots just hate level scaling regardless of how integral it is to looter-shooter gameplay. That said we're not done refining the system, so you can expect some changes in the autumn update that will also introduce a snippet of the endgame as well as unique legendary items featuring extraordinary attributes.

Speaking of attributes, Ship Attributes have also been rescaled to provide more impact and make those location challenges more meaningful, so even if you don't like the puzzles in
EVERSPACE 2
there's now a good reason to do them nonetheless. ;)

Next are six new perks that have been added to the game; three are unlockable through companions; the other three come available as player perks when hitting level 25. Not listing them here as you can easily pause the video when Erik is talking about them.

In the second half, Erik covers new ship modules for the Vindicator as well as Flak Smart Ammo that prevents killing yourself when firing at targets right in front of you — you're welcome!

Finally, Erik shows that Ships Devices now come with different ranges to make them more distinct and impactful to your playstyle:

Alrighty, this is it for now. If you want to keep on track of what the team is working on in the next few months, make sure to stop by our weekly live streams not to miss out on the latest in development on YouTube and Twitch every Friday 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm CEST / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT!

PS: If you'd like to see a screenshot of yours featured, like the one above by EVERSPACE 2pilot Flori
, join our discord and drop them pretties in the #screenshot channel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom