Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Evil Dead: The Game - co-op multiplayer action (crossplay between Playstation/Xbox/Epic)

Horton

Educated
I know it's not going to be much of anything but.. well, it's still EVIL DEAD.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

An exclusive conversation between iconic Evil Dead star Bruce Campbell, The Game Awards’ own Geoff Keighley, and Saber’s Chief Creative Officer Tim Willits giving more insight into the upcoming highly-anticipated horror-action title Evil Dead: The Game!

ADL

Prophet
I swear to god if they cut the legs off this thing because of an Epic exclusivity deal...

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Short gameplay Trailer, voiceover by Bruce himself but sadly it sounds like he phoned his lines in i.e. without passion / just another commercial VO:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Watching some Twitch streams and game seems alright. Like a mix between Left 4 Dead and Dead by Daylight.

ADL

Prophet
Turns out my love for Evil Dead is greater than how much the Epic launcher annoys me. Grabbed the deluxe edition for only five bucks more than the standard pricing off GreenManGaming which includes all the season pass releases. The online mode is a lot of fun and the only map in the game is dense enough to keep it interesting across all the matches I've played. Just needs push-to-talk and some FOV options.

My favorite demon so far is the fat titty monster from Evil Dead 1 who grabs survivors, latches them onto her nipple and breastfeeds acidic pus.

ADL

Prophet
Wouldn't say it's anything like Dead by Daylight unless they've overhauled it in the past couple years since I played it. I fucking hate that game and this one's pretty good. Closest thing I can think of is Zombie Master the Half-Life mod because of the spawning mechanic. In this you can possess your spawns to play as the NPCs and lay traps. If you're creative with the fear mechanic you can start possessing players too.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Turns out my love for Evil Dead is greater than how much the Epic launcher annoys me. Grabbed the deluxe edition for only five bucks more than the standard pricing off GreenManGaming which includes all the season pass releases. The online mode is a lot of fun and the only map in the game is dense enough to keep it interesting across all the matches I've played. Just needs push-to-talk and some FOV options.

My favorite demon so far is the fat titty monster from Evil Dead 1 who grabs survivors, latches them onto her nipple and breastfeeds acidic pus.

Does Henrietta appear in Evil Dead 1? I only remember seeing her in Evil Dead 2 and in Ash vs Evil Dead Season 1 and 2. The "breast fighting" scene should be in season 2, either close to the end of episode 9 or the early parts of 10.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turns out my love for Evil Dead is greater than how much the Epic launcher annoys me.
lordsweeney2.png

Hail to the king, baby!

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Wouldn't say it's anything like Dead by Daylight unless they've overhauled it in the past couple years since I played it.

For instance the character advancement and levelling each character individually is pretty much 1:1 taken from Dead by Daylight. Also converting points is akin to the blood web.

SumDrunkGuy

The Evil Dead fanboy in me tells me I need to buy this right now, but the antisocial multiplayer game-hating asshole in me says fuck no. I'm so conflicted. This will probably be just like Aliens: Fireteam Bravo. I'll play it for maybe an hour and never look at it again...

Reviews don't seem too bad...

:negative:

SumDrunkGuy

Orchestral music with rap lyrics on an Evil Dead trailer isn't what I want, but okay.
How exactly does this work, is it players vs AI zombies like Killing Floor, or players on both sides like Left4Dead?

PvP and PvE combined I think. Looks like a combination of L4D and Friday the 13th: The Game which was a 4v1 sort of thing. I gave in and bought the damn thing. I'm such a weak person. I'll post my thoughts after some game time. I might have to be drunk since I just spent $39.99 on a fuckin video game. I thought I was past that shit.

Edit

Ya know what? After a few shots I'm starting to feel fabulously optimistic about this one. I've never been let down by Evil Dead in the past. I even loved the 2013 remake. I believe this game will deliver. I'm just scared to press start, lemme git some more liquid courage in me.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom