Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EVO 2024 Starts NOW

Which waifus will appear in EVO 2024 KoF XV's Grand Finals? (choose up to 6)

• Chizuru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leona

• Kula

• B. Jenet

• Blue Mary

• Najd

• Nakoruru

• Luong

• Yuri

• Dolores

• O. Shermie

• Darli Dagger

• None (sausage finals this year)

• Hinako

• Total voters

Reality

Learned
The virtual on side event is exciting but I am concerned that not enough good players will make it and it'll be a wash.

KoF crossups are better than ever

Gerrard

Arcane
FGC became overrun by fags, troons, and furries, so I have a hard time giving a fuck anymore.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Harada vs streamer? showmatch is fun. And Harada still plays old tekken way with the jab jab jab jab after launcher

Nobody cares

I used to make it a habit to watch EVO every year, but I have to admit there's not a single modern fighting game that I really give a shit to watch these days. I have fun playing Granblue at the end of the day to wind down, but I don't care about it enough to actually spectate it. Plus, in the interest of cramming more diverse ads into the event, recent EVOs have demoted 'Top 8' to 'Top 6'.

Will probably just watch some of the new character trailers and call it a day.

It's nice people are still grinding out Soul Calibur 6 and whatnot. I love the game but couldn't endure its shitty netcode any longer.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Nobody cares

I used to make it a habit to watch EVO every year, but I have to admit there's not a single modern fighting game that I really give a shit to watch these days. I have fun playing Granblue at the end of the day to wind down, but I don't care about it enough to actually spectate it. Plus, in the interest of cramming more diverse ads into the event, recent EVOs have demoted 'Top 8' to 'Top 6'.

Will probably just watch some of the new character trailers and call it a day.

It's nice people are still grinding out Soul Calibur 6 and whatnot. I love the game but couldn't endure its shitty netcode any longer.
This is between me and the idiot gook, okay.

Side events:

Nobody cares

Lucumo

Educated
I used to make it a habit to watch EVO every year, but I have to admit there's not a single modern fighting game that I really give a shit to watch these days.
Yep, although for me "these days" have been a lot of years already. I think the only current "fighting game" I enjoy watching is the latest version of Gundam: Extreme Vs. Another sad thing is the decline of the Japanese scene, partly because of it happening naturally and partly because of all the Covid restrictions (see the state of the Cooperation Cup for instance). I generally prefer their style with team battles as well as other large set-ups (Kansai vs Kanto).

ind33d

Learned
tekken 8 being made for normies really fucks up EVO, who wants to watch Eddie mash 3?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
tekken 8 being made for normies really fucks up EVO, who wants to watch Eddie mash 3?

Eddie is not even that top tier on pro level, he is actually rarely seen

if you want to complain about DLC power creep SF6 instead is up there with Bison crub stomping people even at pro level

tekken is actually decent on looking at a diverse cast at least on Pool instead of SF6 where a lot of characters are not "pro viable"

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Yeah Ed is pretty damn strong too

Akuma is surprisingly not being used so much

the 3rd strike event is also amazing, always love a good Hugo play

In unfortunate news, Mortal Kombat 1 was won by known gay black furry SonicFox, whose entire personality revolves around the fact that he is a gay black furry.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
In unfortunate news, Mortal Kombat 1 was won by known gay black furry SonicFox, whose entire personality revolves around the fact that he is a gay black furry.

He has been the undisputed best player on multiple NRS games so it is not surprising

Not to mention MK1 is kinda dead

So long he is not wearing furry suits to EVO I couldn't really give a fuck

Hell Swarm

Learned
Catch the Tekken 8 finals and it was really boring. Modern fighting games rely too much on combo play and trying to be Marvel VS Capcom 2 because the designers grew up with 1 touch of death games. Tekken 8 is throwing out jabs until one connections and then you wall carry with a bunch of cut scenes to get a kill. Street fighter 6 is the same but it has a stamina meter on your moves for some reason.

Where the hell are the non-combo games in this shitshow? Street fighter 2 and even 4 are much more entertaining because combos aren't excessive so you get back to neutral and looking for ways in constantly.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I watched a bunch of SF3 matches myself. It's considered a combo game because of how all the top tier characters play, but watching people play the lower tier stuff in pools is great. Also it was the last SF game that actually looked good, both in terms of artwork and character designs. Just skip anything that's ken vs chun or the juggle twins. Twelve, Dudley, Alex, Q, Hugo, Oro and Ibuki are all great fun to watch throw down in 3rd strike.

Lucumo

Educated
I watched a bunch of SF3 matches myself. It's considered a combo game because of how all the top tier characters play, but watching people play the lower tier stuff in pools is great. Also it was the last SF game that actually looked good, both in terms of artwork and character designs. Just skip anything that's ken vs chun or the juggle twins. Twelve, Dudley, Alex, Q, Hugo, Oro and Ibuki are all great fun to watch throw down in 3rd strike.
No love for Makoto?

I liked SFIV too but Ultra ruined it for me. They should have just sticked to AE Ver. 2012.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom