Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Jaedar, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    I did not back the kickstarter, but rest assured you've earned yourself a customer here.

Good luck with the lead-up to release.

Ps. Going to name my character Don Lope de Aguirre. OH SHI-

^ Top  
  2. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

^ Top  
  3. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor

^ Top  
  4. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    Mr. @Avonaeon why dont you let us have few copyes so codex can try it before it even gets out.. we cant wait damnit!!!!

or just give it to one of us or in worst case .. go to the codex playground area and make "Lets play" RIGHT NOW!!

^ Top  
  5. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  6. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    That's not cool after boasting about becoming a costumer for sure.:decline: of : x

^ Top  
  7. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    No, that is actually :statusquo: of : x , :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm a backer, and I could go play the alpha right now :smug:

If only I wasn't at work.

^ Top  
  9. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    They kinda implemented a lot of the stretch goal stuff anyway I think. I know they put in "skill trees" for example.

^ Top  
  10. Avonaeon Arcane Developer

Avonaeon
    There's a Let's Play going on over here: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3197.0.html

^ Top  
  11. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    Finished the intro island. Now have to wait for the complete game to play the meat of the campaign. :x

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Is the press review version different than the second beta released to backers?

^ Top  
  13. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    In Potato, there are no customer. Just different kinds of thief.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    :decline: we need CODEX let's play

at least i learned that thing that i asked for is called "press build"

^ Top  
  15. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    The codex already got a press build. I believe Grunker is handling the official Kodex interview/preview thingie. I played around with it a bit and my impressions are somewhere between quite good and very good. Definitely has that HoMM/King's Bounty feel, except you get to slaughter indians. I'm going to day 1 purchase Morgoth the fuck out of this game.

One thing I really like is that all the members of your party have personality traits that govern what actions will make them gain/lose morale. And a lot of them are diametrically opposed. For example, aggressive people will gain morale whenever you go into combat and lose if it you chose a peceful solution. While the opposite is the case for pacifists. Racists get butthurt if you take natives on board, while opaen-minded likes it. So unless you are extremely selective in what traits you take on board (and pass up on some very juicy persons in the process), pretty much every choice you make is likely to upset someone. Characters have 3 traits each, so it's entirely possible to have a pacifist along and keep them happy while fighting, so long as you appeal to their other 2 traits. Butthurt management is the new choice&consequence.

The dialogue/events are also quite well written and use skill checks the way the codex wubs it. It's not PS:T, but it's better than anything we've had in recent years.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    I'm doing a piece for the Codex (we already have http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8421 and http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8389). There's no reason for us to do a Let's Play when VD is doing one, so I'm doing something different. Expect the piece within a week or so.

^ Top  
  17. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Is this what the codex needs?

A rainbow dane review about how we can hold hands and sing kumbaya with hippie indian scum, teaching them the ways of COMMUNISM?

Or a cold and hard Christian potato perspective on why the heathen natives need to be eradicated in the name of the Lord and the Queen, using all possible means at hand?

Vote Darth Roxor for a brighter tomorrow :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected

So what you're saying is that instead of practicing my solotop Karma tonight, I should start a Let's Play of the press build so you can oppress the natives bring the light of christianity to Hispanola? I'm not sure my upload speed is stronk enough at home to do a livestream, since my neighbours love sucking up all our precious bandwidths to fuel their fetish for torrenting donkey pr0n.

^ Top  
  19. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    I'm not doing a review. We could, in fact, use someone who will do it, and you just signed up for it. I'm confident the boys at Logic Artists will grant us a review copy once the game is released.

I'll inform the content team that you'll be reviewing it for us within a month after its out :smug:

^ Top  
  20. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    This sounds lovely :incline:

^ Top  
  21. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    That does indeed sound awesome. Think my first playthrough will definitely be violent racists bringing the :flamesaw: to Injuns. Then might try a Colonel Kurtz "gone native" playthrough.

The interesting characters and conflicts between the NPCs in Jagged Alliance 2 were part of what made it so memorable.

^ Top  
  22. likaq Arcane

likaq
    part 3 is up.

^ Top  
  23. RedScum Arbiter Patron

RedScum
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Looks great, never backed it during the kickstarter though. Will probably buy it!

^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.