Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Released

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, May 30, 2013.

1. Ramireza Savant

Ramireza

There is no need to be hardcore to have fun with RPG´s or games in general.

Stereotypes are stupid btw.

^ Top  
  2. Rake Arcane

Rake
    So not expecting to sit and breeze through games in your first try is hardcore now?
    Actually it is and that's the :decline:.
    Games are made for you to win them, so they should have at least some chalenge in them. If you want to sit in your couch, turn your brain off and "relax", watch a TV show :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Haha! Yeah! That's the spirit! Care to join my eleete gamerz klub?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    So, dex review?

^ Top  
  5. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected

I believe Roxor got promised the review copy. So you'll have to pester him for it.

Or just take my word that it's really rather good and well worth the jewgoldz. Or procure it through alternate means for demoing, realize it's really rather good, then purchase it with jewgoldz.

Through this link, so KKKodex gets referral comissions.

Also, we got quoted on their press page:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  6. Alex_Steel Arcane Patron

Alex_Steel
    And what a surprise, it's a one-liner.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Prestigious Magazine status confirmed.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. Misconnected Savant

Misconnected

FYI GOG's suggested way to deal with the region shit, is to claim you're in the US. They will take your word for it.

^ Top  
  9. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Ok I've been Logic Turdist's biggest critic but the irony is that of all the dozen KS I've backed the one that actually has a game released is from them so I don't care that much about them being sellout scum.

Good work LA and Shitcomposer!

On a comparable note it's good to see Cleve has another excuse ready for not shipping the game in May. Now he's relocated his entirely family to an undisclosed location, but rest assured that there will be something by the end of June...honest. snigger. I pity the fools on the Codex that actually backed this shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    Ive only played the tutorial and explored around the first camp, but so far it is really fun. The hardest difficulty setting is "Aguirre" and even the soundtrack reminds me of the score from that movie, very nice.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    You won't come to God? God's men and wymyn will come to You. :salute: Game is better than I have expected... Hard on hard on challenging on normal and peasy easy on easy. :hero:

^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Roxor is not doing the review.

^ Top  
  13. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Great game so far, playing it in Spanish & Ironman for maximun :obviously:.

It has that nice AoD touch were you're not a invincible god of war and people WILL kill you easily if you play dumb.

^ Top  
  14. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I've spent the majority of yesterday playing this, mostly fucking around and exploring the area, but I've done a couple of quests too. Loving it so far. Playing as a friend-of-all-living-things diplomat, my first combat encounter (not counting the tutorial) was after three hours. Ambushed by natives (my scouting kinda sucks), got my ass kicked hard. Thought it was game over, but it turned out I can continue from there and just deal with the consueqences of failure. :incline: Next battle, I used a radically different tactics, and different people, and managed a flawless victory. The feeling of learning from your own mistakes = priceless.

Also, good writing and the fact that everything you do has some consequences (sometimes major and not immediately apparent) is great.

So far, GOTY 2013, but it's not over yet (neither the year, nor the game), so don't pop these champagne bottles yet. ;)

^ Top  
  15. Computer Gamer Refugee Learned

Computer Gamer Refugee
    Project: Eternity
    Is there there a way? To keep the sacrifice alive (left vague to avoid spoilers)

^ Top  
  16. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    CONSEJO DE HERMANO: One doctor is too damn little. :(

^ Top  
  17. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Does the game have a demo? I am interested in it and would gladly pay them if I could test it out first

^ Top  
  18. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    Are you saying you would still pay for it even if you thought it sucked? Because that makes no sense.

^ Top  
  19. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    ^ Top  
  20. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  21. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Downloaded the "demo" now, can't even start it because it uses a too high hz count my monitor doesn't have and I can't find any ini file I can manually edit it outside of the game. Great!

^ Top  
  22. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    First party on Hard + Smartest AI got wiped, a few bad decisions in combat and exploration and I was on a chronic shortage of food and medicine (1 doctor and 2 hunters is not enough), and ended up attrition'ed away by every successive challenge. Which is of course realistic, great stuff. Going to try again.

^ Top  
  23. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    I miss something like in-combat moral or injury affecting damage... everyone has shittons of HP and they still do full damage at 1HP...

^ Top  
  24. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Shittons of hp? Everything dies in 3 hits for me

^ Top  
  25. wergle Educated

wergle
    The binary alive/dead model is indeed meh but there is no hitpoint bloat at all.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.