Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Released

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, well. The first game I bought on blind on release day since... I don't know. Wizardry 8?
This better be good!

Project: Eternity
Still waiting for The Prestigious Codex review. : x

It's good, buy it.

It essentially seems to be the same a King's Bounty. One hero rides around and interacts with the environment, and fights things. Like King's Bounty, it is cumulative, in that if you are winning, you tend to get stronger and keep winning, but if you screw up you can enter a death spiral (I call that plus)

Plus:
Different setting
Every fight seems winnable, but not too hard to lose.
I like that supplies and basic support is an issue (running out of food is an excellent way to enter a death spiral).
The story and events are interesting

Minus:
Somewhat limited units (i.e. no half-jaguars so far)
I have not had a battle with >6 friendlies in it

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, no, it's not Roguey. We have a very :obviously: poster working on it.

Tigranes

Arcane
If you have anywhere near normal settings for HP / attack then yeah, 3-4 hits is enough. Combat is mostly decided in 5-10 turns.

The second expedition is more successful thus far, 2 doctors (though one at the moment) and 3 hunters and a bit more knowledge of the area is helping. 'Smartest' AI seems decent, though sometimes doing odd things.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Almost makes me forget the fact that enemies seem to use a differnt ruleset.

:incline:
As much an incline an increased difficulty is, this has always been a nono for me and one of the biggest detractors of early AI in games. If the AI doesn't play by the same rules then the game is shit, period. Whether this is actually the case, I do not know.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I believe it is not, he's just butthurt about RNG. I had quite a sequence of luck strike already, while the AI kept missing at point-blank range.

Tigranes

Arcane
Professor, no?

As far as I can see it's exactly the same rules.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
He uses a position of authority to molest young women shapes youthful minds.

Tigranes

Arcane
Sadly, as far as I'm aware, the days of professors as objects of forbidden desire seems to be gone, or at least in a slump. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom