Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Rome - the next Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by unfairlight, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Devstream #4:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Man, this is Expeditions in name only.
    I was hyped at first. Now, it's wait and see.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Hmm, it was quietly delayed to August 2nd.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Better for them to take their time if they need it rather than rush development.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ludwig von Eisenthal Augur

Ludwig von Eisenthal
    I was thrilled by the idea at first. Then I saw the elements of modern socio-political ideologies in this game. If you chose a historical scenario for your game, try to make it historical. I find it very unfortunate how contemporary ideologies try to change the popular view on history. The only adaequat representation of ancient Rome I ever found was in HBO's ROME. I would like to see stuff like that in game form.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Eh, Rome is an excellent TV show (season 1 in particular, season 2 suffering due to it compressing too much of its envisioned plot in light of the cancellation), but it's certainly not a veridic representation of the society it portrays either.

As to how close to historical fact a fictionalization of Roman society has to be in order for it to be labeled as 'adequate', it's up for debate. I'm going to wait for the game's release before passing my personal judgement, but I'm not too distressed from what I've seen so far.

^ Top  
  8. Ludwig von Eisenthal Augur

Ludwig von Eisenthal
    Well sure it's a fictional story they tell, but the whole environment, the cultural, architectonic, religious, habitualistic background was extremely elaborated and researched and they catched some the mental specifities of Roman life very well. At least it's the closest I've ever seen to what I've learned in my studies of ancient history.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://community.expeditionsseries.com/index/dev-diaries/devdiary-5-metagame-legion-battles-r11/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2021
    • Brofist x 11
    • incline x 2
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Whoops, forgot about the devstream:

• Shit Shit x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    LoL Egyptians were/are not negros lol. You can't expect historically realistic shit from those clowns.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Do developers themselves, for real, enjoy these yellow piss filters hiding everything, and truly believe thats how dry areas or deserts supposed to look like?

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://community.expeditionsseries.com/index/dev-diaries/devdiary-6-side-quests-r12/

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Harthwain Cipher

Harthwain
    Oh, wow. You can't enlarge pictures directly on Twitter, because it puts a giant "Log in/Sign up" box right in the middle of the screen while also darkening the screen a bit and when you press the "X" button it kicks you back to the feed, which has smaller pictures.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. The Wall Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

The Wall
    But can you enslave Judea, burn Solomon's Temple and fuck jewish pristessess of debauchery? That's true RomanExperience.TM

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. jackofshadows Cipher

jackofshadows
    In Vikings was possible to do plenty of nasty shit. On the other hand, perhaps THQ Nordic installed some new standarts to the design, we'll see (hope not).

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Devstream #6:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://community.expeditionsseries.com/index/dev-diaries/devdiary-7-metagame-character-systems-r13/

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Women in a game about ancient Rome -> Garbage
    And a African American too, because OF COURSE

• Brofist x 2
    • (autism) x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Fishy x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Peaceful protest x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Oh so we're editing people's posts as well?

I warned you people about mod fuckery.

• Doggy Doggy x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • sheeeeiiiit sheeeeiiiit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ladonna Arcane

Ladonna
    I love these historical games. Can't wait to play as a commander in the army of Ancient Rome. Shits gonna be good.

[​IMG]

Right guys?

• Funny x 3
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 3
    • Excited! x 3
    • Yes x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    May Jupiter bless women, for they make our lives better through their beauty, grace, femininity and everything in between.

And, perhaps also, by dualwielding shortswords looking amazingly hot.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Devstream #7:

More Rome stuff later today.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    [​IMG]

Difference between character model and portraits is similar to Diablo3 vs. Diablo 2 Resurrected Hobos

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.