Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Viking goes gold, gets price tag and teaser trailer

hivemind

ok I'm actually pirating now at first

Sorry, your computer does not meet the minimum specifications required to run this product. Please review the details below for more information.

:despair:

hivemind

I've got a better graphics card and meet the ram requirement, but:

Minimum: Intel Core2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz

Is this big difference in the processor or do I just stand no chance to even squeeze it out at like sub 30 fps?

Though I guess it should be fine as for Tranny I don't even meet the graphics card requirement and still managed to get it running if I started it in windowed mode

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shit, this is out tomorrow. I'm in the middle of my ToEE playthrough. If I stop that, I know I will let that run pretty much end. I'll try to play a bit of both. I did like what I played.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I've got a better graphics card and meet the ram requirement, but:

Minimum: Intel Core2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz

Is this big difference in the processor or do I just stand no chance to even squeeze it out at like sub 30 fps?

It will run like absolute dogshit, sorry. My i7 4970K gets bad FPS in some areas but yeah you'll be sub 30 fps for sure.

Starwars

Arcane
I just gotta say that I love the idea of the Expeditions franchise. It's such a nice vehicle to explore various historical settings within a RPG framework. Conquistador felt very fresh in that sense and I think this will too.

Hope there will be more games in the series down the line. So many cool opportunities to explore setting not normally seen in these types of games.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It will run like absolute dogshit, sorry. My i7 4970K gets bad FPS in some areas but yeah you'll be sub 30 fps for sure.
I was afraid of this. Conquistador ran like shit.

Seems developers using unity to make unoptimized games will be a recurring meme for many years.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I just gotta say that I love the idea of the Expeditions franchise. It's such a nice vehicle to explore various historical settings within a RPG framework. Conquistador felt very fresh in that sense and I think this will too.

Hope there will be more games in the series down the line. So many cool opportunities to explore setting not normally seen in these types of games.

The expedition name though.. Were not exactly columbus here. Maybe "Rape & Pillage" or "Fuck you natives" series would be more catchy..

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Seems developers using unity to make unoptimized games will be a recurring meme for many years.

It runs better than Conquistador, there's just some areas where the VFX is quite strong that it lags on.

Disgruntled

Savant
Pretty excited for this, came along right around when i dont have a decent single player to spend my time on. If it only builds on the first one ill have a goty contender. :bounce:

Fargus

Arcane
:lol:

6By4oF9.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/0/1318836262650828345/

Tigranes

Arcane
Queue 8000 butthurt posts "FUCK THEM FOR NOT HAVING GAY ROMANCE"

oh wait, it's the other way round, i can never tell because you guys are fucking identical

hivemind

Ok I'm a desperate cuck so I will buy it but will refund if I won't be able to run it

here's to hope

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So much fucking decline, not even bestest scandinavia is safe from SJW dumbfuckery.

Everyone posting in that thread go fucking shoot yourself. Not you Jonas, you ok.

Also: Why oh why can't I just buy the game? That must be the first game in a long time that actually doesn't sell until release date.
That's an indie game thing, actually.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer

It runs better than Conquistador, there's just some areas where the VFX is quite strong that it lags on.

We've gone over a lot of the areas and done optimization, so hopefully it'll run a little better compared to the beta.

ArchAngel

Arcane

So much fucking decline, not even bestest scandinavia is safe from SJW dumbfuckery.

Everyone posting in that thread go fucking shoot yourself. Not you Jonas, you ok.

Also: Why oh why can't I just buy the game? That must be the first game in a long time that actually doesn't sell until release date.
Haha veevoir shown himself as popamole games enabler :D

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron

Haha veevoir shown himself as popamole games enabler :D

Sure thing. Especially Kickstarters/bundles are the main source of indie games now. Have not bought one through gog/steam on release in ages.

hivemind

release the fucking game
reeeeeeeeeeeeee

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom