Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Viking goes gold, gets price tag and teaser trailer

Disgruntled

Savant
2am release down under.... not counting the time it will take to download.. guess its tomorrow for me then:negative:

Rev

Arcane
Queue 8000 butthurt posts "FUCK THEM FOR NOT HAVING GAY ROMANCE"

oh wait, it's the other way round, i can never tell because you guys are fucking identical
I don't know about the others, but the problem here is that LGQT crap has no place in a historical game about Vikings. Now, if the game was set in our time it wouldn't be a problem, but it's not the case.
It's the same problem that people had about women in Conquistador, it's not because we don't want to see any woman in a position of power or whatever, it's just than in that setting it doesn't make sense, since we all know that women couldn't be soldiers, explorers, doctors or governors in those times.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This whole issue is becoming way too boring, from both sides. I'm starting to believe that devs prefer to add something of the sort in their games just to draw attention and controversy, since everyone IS SO PISSED IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER

Barbarian

Arcane
I don't know about the others, but the problem here is that LGQT crap has no place in a historical game about Vikings. Now, if the game was set in our time it wouldn't be a problem, but it's not the case.
It's the same problem that people had about women in Conquistador, it's not because we don't want to see any woman in a position of power or whatever, it's just than in that setting it doesn't make sense, since we all know that women couldn't be soldiers, explorers, doctors or governors in those times.

Vikings were pagans, so many of them were probably fags. Odin himself pretended to be a woman and got raped(the cuckiest of all pagan deities).

Anyway, as long as I can just kick the faggots and dykes out of my party(hopefully by way of killing), I don't mind it. I didn't mind all the ahistorical feminist crap in Conquistador since you could just ignore it and pick an all male party.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You guys are too much of storyfags. I look at all these characters as bunch of stats that help me win combat and overland map. Who the fuck cares how their avatar looks.

Fargus

Arcane
Here is a true story about vikings:

1401990608239.jpg

xQeomfOh.jpg

hivemind

>game releases 1 minute after flatmate comes home and starts leeching the wifi so my dl speed is shit
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fargus

Arcane
Shekels ready, but im hesitant. I'll wait for some prestigious codexian opinions to decide whether on not this game even worth playing.

Might just buy my friend a copy of Battle Brothers instead, just to see him in casual tears after a few hours of gameplay.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah but using a bow makes you a cuck

I agree. Only faggots, elves and wommyn use bows.

This is truly the worst crime of fantasy: convincing people that slender, weak-ass bitches can use proper warbows.
yup. standard bows they use in my archery range have pull weight of 16 kilograms, the bows athtlete use is heavier, around 22-25 kg of pull. the first time i did archery for 2 hours, my arm hurt like i've been lifting weight for 2 hours straight. those are modern, comparatively small bows used for sport, and not combat. longbows are huge who knows how much strength you need to use it effectively.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom