Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Explorations Engine

JJ86

Liturgist
I ran across this site yesterday while surfing about an engine that looks like its based on the engine for Darklands:

http://www.explore-rpg.com/

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's actually pretty interesting, Jimmy. I'll have to check it out - hopefully in a few days when I get a bunch of other stuff done.

Have you actually had a chance to play with it? If so, can you sum it up a little? Or anyone else that's tinkered with it?

JJ86

Liturgist
No I haven't had a chance to download or play with it yet. It's on my to-do list. I liked the style of Darklands but it could have actually gone further in its interactivity. Hopefully this engine allows that.

Ibbz

Augur
Any idea when Darklands will be finished with this engine?

JJ86

Liturgist
Here is the forum for the game:

Explorations

Some of the features:

1. Pathfinding
2. Camera Panning
3. Dialog
4. Animated Map Object
5. Scripting Events
6. PicClip Movies
7. Teleporting (On and between maps)
8. 2 Camera Views (Iso & TopView) with Animated Map Objects on each
9. Picking up Objects.. (In both camera views)
10. Database Programmable Command Interface
11. Time Limitted TurnBased Mode (Like Fallout)
12. The GUI.. Zoom Mode, and MiniMap.
13. And of course, THE FACT THAT IT WORKS!

Its funny reading the competitive arguing between him and the developer of a rival engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom