Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ey

ducksucker

Novice
can u get people to like u after they don't? and if u can then how?

Voss

Erudite
Well, for one, move away from a rancid little shithole like Frederick, Maryland.

Two, learn to suck your own cock rather than duck cock. Furries and bestiality freaks get a hard time round here (and in most places).

ducksucker said:
is there any way i can get them to like me without dying?

I doubt it, if the ESF dwellers liked me, I would kill myself.

Another ESF refugee, huh?

A stupid alt trying to imitate Volourn when he went crazy, no doubt.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
OK, for all readers who hoped to find some Teudogar-related info in this thread:

First of all, sometimes you can make up with your enemies (Actions Menu (left side of screen), 'Make Peace'). This usually won't work if you've already killed one of their relatives, or if your enemy thinks he has a fair chance of killing you. But if you're obviously stronger, or he's wounded, he may accept. You might also defeat him in combat, and accept his surrender. (Don't trust former enemies, though.)

Giving gifts to people also works within the game (swords, gold coins, anything expensive), as long as someone is neutral and doesn't already dislike you. A valuable gift may be seen as formally founding a friendship (Germanic custom).

If someone dislikes you, there's nothing you can do about it; people can't be bribed into liking you (though they may accept your gifts).

Your slaves will be grateful if you free them.

The people you work with in order to form your tribal alliance will find you sympathetic if you prove reasonably reliable and successful.

And there's a girl in Bruglund who will fall in love with you if you rescue her (full version).

However, since Teudogar aspires to be realistic, most people naturally don't and won't care about you, and your enemies will almost never cease to hate you (which is reinforced by Germanic culture with its emphasis on honor, clan loyality, and revenge). (Anyway, why would you want everybody to like you?)

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Btw, I forgot to mention that people's sympathy towards you is often clan-related; i.e., if members of their clan/extended family are your enemy, people will consider it their duty to be hostile towards you.

So assuming you fight 3 guys from the same clan, you usually won't be able to make peace with only one of them (except if he's an extreme coward, or so heavily wounded that he's incapacitated), because he can't desert his fellow clansmen. (Solution: Either kill all, or surrender, or make peace with all of them.)

Zlaja said:
Voss: Careful. I'm sensitive.

So, you attack Volourn all the time, then get all sensitive when someone attacks you? I think we have a good case of dish-it-out but can't take-it-in. Good luck trying to last in this place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom