Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tibor

Fatbot Games
Developer

Hello guys!

During the winter holidays, we created a small visual homage to a game we like a lot in our team (Fatbot Games). Of course, Dungeon Master is Dungeon Master, but Eye of the Beholder was always just behind. And for some team members, it was also the first contact with the world of Forgotten Realms and Dungeons & Dragons (yeah, for some, it was Pool of Radiance, but that's not the topic right now).

Beholder was sometimes the theme of our internal talks. What would it look like in this day and age, with all the modern tools we have now? And so we came up with an idea to create a video homage, a fan art of what Eye of the Beholder could look like in a modern form.

You can read more in our blogpost: http://www.vaporum-game.com/2018/04/11/eye-of-the-beholder-fan-art-video/

Enjoy!

Nyast

Cipher
That looks lovely. I finished Vaporum a couple months ago and unfortunately there's no major grid-based FP dungeon crawler on the horizon anymore except maybe Dungeon Kingdom which seems to have fallen into a never-ending development loop. My thirst cannot be quenched :(

Tibor

Fatbot Games
Developer
That looks lovely. I finished Vaporum a couple months ago and unfortunately there's no major grid-based FP dungeon crawler on the horizon anymore except maybe Dungeon Kingdom which seems to have fallen into a never-ending development loop. My thirst cannot be quenched :(

Hey Nyast!
Fear not my lad! For there is something more from us coming soon! :)

Tibor

Fatbot Games
Developer
Nice enough but where's the combat!

There is none, it is just a fan art video. Implementing combat would mean a lot of other stuff. This was just a nostalgic holiday project we worked on. Ofcourse - if an opportunity would come to remake this gem of a game - we'd gladly jump right on it! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom