Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fable II. You can finally play it on PC. Sort of.

Perkel

Arcane
Just noticed that MS added their cloud with console games to gamepass service. I just tested it in Poland and i didn't feel any lag.

What is more important is that you can now play Fable II which is imho the best out of Fable games and this game never got released on PC for some stupid reason. I didn't check more games yet but i hope they will make available Last Oddysey and Blue Dragon which are other notorious x360 exclusives that never got to PC from FF fantasy Sakaguchi. There are some more games like Banjo etc.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
If you have an Xbox One, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are backwards compatible. You can get an XBONE for dirt cheap now (like $100). I’m using mine to play 360 games I missed out on since I never owned one.

Haven’t played Fable II but the first game was fairly enjoyable, I’ve heard mixed opinions about which is better between the two.

Perkel

Arcane
Thanks for the info. Fable 1/2 are good and fable 3 is shit. Like Diablo 3.

Imho F3 is fun game just not what fans wanted. It should be called something else like spin off or something like that.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
Fable 2 always seemed casual af but interesting, but when it comes to Microsoft-owned limeyshit I'm more interested in Berri Rare Replay

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
I thought Fable 2 was trash, but it did have enough fun elements to be worth a single playthrough.

It's like Skyrim, but with actual things of interest.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cloud? Absolutely DISGUSTING!

Don't support this anti-consumer bullshit. Don't support a model that inherently makes game preservation impossible. Fuck cloud services. Download to your hard drive or bust.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the only thing Fable 2 has got going for it is that it isn't Fable 3

still would play a proper pc version, though, just for the memberberries

Duraframe300

Arcane
Cloud? Absolutely DISGUSTING!

Don't support this anti-consumer bullshit. Don't support a model that inherently makes game preservation impossible. Fuck cloud services. Download to your hard drive or bust.

That's not possible here though. (Unless they make a full emulator)

This is the use of Cloud to play games on different systems. I mean a proper PC version would still be preferable, but this is the one (possible exception of savegames) case of Cloud use that has a point. In itself this use doesn't have an influence on game preservation either. Fuck services like Stadia though.

Last edited:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Just bite the bullet and get a used XBONE if you really want to play 360 exclusives. They run in 1080p/60 fps on it anyway. Even ultra poor fags like me can afford one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom