Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fainaru Fantajī Sebun to be re-released for PC

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Final Fantasy VII; Square Enix

It looks like the PC Master Race will get to re-experience Final Fantasy VII, the Playstation JRPG released back in 1997. I'm posting this because it's actually one of the few JRPGs I can tolerate... even if it's severely overrated.

According to their website, the re-release will sport fancy new features such as:
Achievements – 36 brand new achievements, only available as digital download on PC!
Cloud Saves – Continue and save your progress wherever you are. (Requires internet connection)
Optimized for PC – Play FINAL FANTASY VII on the latest hardware.​

The new PC version will also have an optional Character Booster system, basically a God mode cheat, allowing you to focus on everything that isn't a characteristic of RPGs. They should have just removed combat and shipped it as the premier edition for us dumb westerners.

There's no release date. The website says "Coming Soon".

They also released some trailer, embedded below:

Tigranes

Arcane
Worst trailer, ever.

Been playing it in tiny chunks on the emulator, probably better or similar experience than this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hah, I thought Aeris was from BG2.

Speaking of which:

Aerie2L.bmp

:bounce:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Seriously shitty trailer, "this summer" narrator included. The fact that they just show off pre-rendered scenes also suggests they plan on hustling at least a few people out of their monies, graphically-wise.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Didn't they announce they wouldn't do that until they make a better game or some shit? I still to replay 4 and then 5 and 6 for the first time before I'm ready to tackle 7, so it'll probably be out by the time I'm ready to play it.

Shervin

Educated
PC gamers don't give shit about JRPGs. Why release it on PC?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually with day 1 dlc that allows you to save Aeris....

fuck it's a lot of money

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ho Ho Ho look what it is.....

oh how ironic i was talking about this game the other week & then the other day we talk about why you SE cant do a FF7 remake just yet because you want try to better FF befofe a ff7 remake.

well speak of the devil it no remake but close enough with achievements & cloud saves oh cloud will be please.

so a soup up version that i said it was coming but can't do a ff7 remake = hypocrites well atlest PDC Fanbase be happy no love for PSN.

before you start PSN got trophies & cloud saves + additional cloud cloud gaming because sony has bought the cloud gaming gekai.

wat

adure

Liturgist
the gfx looks the same stupid chibi style in game sequences, while its cool on cut scenes.
i always hated this...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom