Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 2 restoration project up for grabs!

Nedrah

Erudite
Tags: Black Isle Studios; Fallout 2; Fallout 2 Restoration Project; killap

<A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">NMA</a> poster killap <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40443">announced</a> his extremely ambitious unofficial expansion "Fallout 2 restoration project" today. <blockquote>The day of release has finally come. It has taken me about almost 2 years to get this complete and yet I still believe I can find stuff to add. The purpose of this mod is to add back into the game all the content that was originally planned by the Fallout 2 devs. You will find about 6 new locations (some quite large, other smaller) as well as a few new areas to old locations. In addition, almost every town in the game has new content whether it is new characters, quests, or items. Playing this will definitely be a new experience. Completion of this expansion would also not have been possible without several individuals who I thank in the readme of this mod. Big thanks to all of you!</blockquote>
<br>
You can also find a full list of all things the mod adds to the game in the forum post linked above. I'm not quoting that here because some of you might prefer to just install and play the mod without spoiling what's new for yourselves.<br>
<br>
Let's thank and congratulate killap for pulling this off instead of going the vaporish way of most things with a scope like this. Now, hope you all have finished MOTB and The Witcher, because those games are just soooo 2007 and it looks like it's time to dust off those Fallout 2 cds.
<br>

<br>
Thanks <b>Elwro</b>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">No Mutants Allowed</A>

fastpunk

Arbiter
It's good news that this is out! But dammit! I started a playthrough of FO2 a few days ago and I'm in Vault City already. Now I have to start over.

NiM82

Prophet
I think i'll wait till all the bugs are ironed out before trying it. Hopefully by then the Chinese Sub area will have been added as well. Sounds awesome already tho.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EU3, HoI2, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy (yeah, what?!), Magic.. and now Fallout 2 again? Damn, I've got some work to do here, stop giving me games I want to play! AHHHHHH!

Araanor

Liturgist
That's great. I'm just wondering, did he remove or improve the bad content in the game? (Like pretty much the entirety of San Fransisco.)

Someone on this forum (Human Shield?) did a good attempt at just cleaning up the game some time back (removing Temple of Trials, for instance.)

1eyedking

Erudite
That sucks. I actually like the Temple of Trials; it is cliche, I know, but it brings back good memories...

Hory

Erudite
Should I replay this on FO2's tenth anniversary, or wait 5-10 more years so that I will have forgotten more, and the experience would be better? C&C, baby.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
At long last!
It is a shame that I am drowning in my work right now (and most probably will be over the upcoming months)...

Ghoulem

Erudite
Hory said:
Should I replay this on FO2's tenth anniversary, or wait 5-10 more years so that I will have forgotten more, and the experience would be better? C&C, baby.
One can simply not just forget about Fallout 2 .. or Chernobyl.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
All of the ridiculously ambitious projects should do what he did and not announce until they have some fucking content. I'm looking at Darkfall, Duke Nukem Forever, Sith Lords Restoration, and Purgatorio here.

Antagonist

Liturgist
Jaime Lannister said:
Sith Lords Restoration, and Purgatorio here.

Both mods already released a couple of teaser trailers showing unique content. The former even has a publicly accessible bug database where you can follow the progress if the development (unless you believe all entries are bogus). It's also probably easier to sit quietly on your mod when you are its sole developers but I can imagine that it's easier to find talented and motivated people when you announce it early in case you require skills which you either don't have or to finish the project within a reasonable timeframe.

Nevertheless, I am quite thankful for all the work Killap has put into the patch and the restoration patch over the years. Such dedication is admirable.

Nedrah

Erudite
I check Team gizka every few days in the hopes of finally being able to post news about its release here. Unfortunately, they just dont deliver.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Jaime Lannister said:
All of the ridiculously ambitious projects should do what he did and not announce until they have some fucking content. I'm looking at Darkfall, Duke Nukem Forever, Sith Lords Restoration, and Purgatorio here.

What you're saying makes no sense, especially in Purgatorio's case.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jaime Lannister said:
All of the ridiculously ambitious projects should do what he did and not announce until they have some fucking content.

This mod was originally announced May 22, 2006. He had to, y'know, to get suggestions on what was missing and needed restoring.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Sith Lords Restoration project is in closed Beta right now, so hopefully they should be close to completion soon.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Brother None said:
Jaime Lannister said:
All of the ridiculously ambitious projects should do what he did and not announce until they have some fucking content.

This mod was originally announced May 22, 2006. He had to, y'know, to get suggestions on what was missing and needed restoring.

Early announcements = more exposure = possible volunteers joining the team

Edit : I got hit for 723483 damage, or somesuch high number. Didn't die tho ^_^. Also merchants are sporadically mad at me for no reason and game crashes when I fire the .223 pistol. FIXED

Shannow

Waster of Time
That really sounds as if FO2 were ready for a new playthrough :)
I'll probably have not time until next spring, though.

I haven't tried to play FO (2) on win xp yet but I heard that there were problems. Is that true?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom