Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 2 Wasteland Merc Mod

Haris

Novice
I am pretty sure there is at least some people on this forum that have played Wasteland merc mod for fallout 2 and i would like to hear some opinions about it. It would help me out now when we are making Wasteland merc 2 to know what to keep and what people think we should add and allso what they hated and what we should improve in the second part.

Anyway here are 2 screenshots from Wasteland merc 2.

water_25939.jpg

water_25177.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
FULL SCALE INVASION!

P.S. As for the satellite.... No comment. :?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Except her eyes. What a freak! Then again, ina universe that has aliens, and ghouls... she fits right in! And, she's HOTTER than them so I forgive her eyes.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Girl needs to be more deformed and messed up

Second screenshot is retarded.

Haris

Novice
To begin with it was not screenshots i wanted coments on but on actuall wasteland merc mod. And that alien base well its not cut scene but more of an aranged fallout 2 editor picture. That place exists but aliens are much more scatared all around that map. Only if your a jackass you will get in to that situation. And its not inside a building. Its outdoors. Well people that played wasteland merc 1 should understand that screenshot better.

Haris

Novice
As i said you got to play Wasteland merc 1 to understand that screenshot. I am not gonna go in to explaining why alliens keep there stuff outside. Its like asking why vault dweller is walking around wasteland looking for a waterchip but yet again he doesnt drink any water at all.

Flink

Liturgist
Oh... So it's the aliens computer? I guess they buy their stuff from the same place as the enclave. Go figure.... *shrugs*

Haris

Novice
Yea its bought at same place. Big wasteland super market for all your needs. :roll: Actually those screenshots are just first draft. Final mod probebly wont look nothing like those 2 screenshots. When we where making Wasteland merc 1 we had custom interface on screenshots that people didnt like and than before mod was released we removed it.

obediah

Erudite
Its understandable that the codex is a bit grumpy at the moment, we're like a pedophile that's been in lockup for 5 years - we need little boy ass and we need it now!

Haris

Novice
Well if all you can do is coment on screenshots than here are some from first Wasteland merc mod.

water_24229.jpg

water_24334.jpg

water_24231.jpg

bryce777

Erudite
obediah said:
Its understandable that the codex is a bit grumpy at the moment, we're like a pedophile that's been in lockup for 5 years - we need little boy ass and we need it now!

LOL!

Well, for my part they look good and the nitpicking is kind of lame.

I would blow a goat for a really good fallout mod.

Haris

Novice
The question everyone's been meaning to ask: Who is the chick?

Its just a regular girl that took that pic to come of as goofy. And i asked her if i can use it in a fallout 2 mod and she said ok. I didnt ask to give out personal info about her so i wont do that. But she is not in any way insane or something like that if thats what your wondering.

Well, for my part they look good and the nitpicking is kind of lame.

I would blow a goat for a really good fallout mod.

Well go to http://wastelandmerc.atspace.com/ And there you can find link to all webpages where you can download Wasteland merc mod and allso description what the mod is about. Or you can go directly to Duck and cover or gamespot or fileplanet and look for it there.

Haris

Novice
We made some progress in making Wasteland merc 2 so i am posting 2 more screenshots. Oh yea dont mind the spelling on them. It was fast made text file just for testing the script. Final version allredy got fixed by one of our dialog writers that actually has english as native lang.

Its an oldschool ultima online like crafting menu so you mine ore and smelt it in to bars and than go to a factory and craft from the main pc in it.

water_27201.jpg

water_27203.jpg

And i know how to use edit button button in this forum. It was just way to long betwen posts.

z3r'0'

Liturgist
This is looking good.

I will download the mod sometime tomorrow.

NMA hosts it, right?

Though I don't know how much time I may have to really play it out. Is it a large/long mod - many areas or quests? Just kinda wondering as things are pretty hectic for me.

Though what better use of my free time than playtesting a good Fallout mod. Right?

I guess what I mean is: Is this mod worth my time?
Can you give me any reason why I should try it out?
Other than it being a Fallout mod, I mean.

Thanks.

btw. Those craft/resource screens have me intrigued...

Haris

Novice
Crafting menu is not in Wasteland merc 1. We recently scripted it and mining to go with it and its going to be in wasteland merc 2.

And if its worth a download. Well here is the one of best player made revievs that i seen. It sure is a bit overkilled reviev but the guy that played it really liked it.

The Wasteland Merc Mod for Fallout 2 will keep you on your toes. Character Development is especially important in this mod as you will need to be as powerful as possible to make it through all the quest areas. The crafting feature is welcome and the mod makers made it an integral part of the gameplay. This is not a mod for beginning fallout 2 players but veterans will find it very challenging. The Quest areas are quite difficult and you will find yourself dying and returning to an area only to try it again. The challenge is the heart of the fun. I've played through three times myself. When I played the original Fallout 2 I made it all the way to Frank Horrigan without having the difficulty of the game kick me in the face. I have no doubt when I return to normal Fallout 2 it will be a weak experience compared to the Wasteland Merc Mod. This mod brings new life to the game for fallout 2 veterans and a strong learning experience for those of average experience. As a Fallout 2 lover I can only hope for an expanded release of this mod (more crafting, more custom locations) by Haris and Miran. It's been a fun twist to simply playing normal old Fallout 2 again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom