Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 is not in production

triCritical

Erudite
In case you peeps were wondering what BlackIsles second internal group was doing (1rst group doing Jefferson), its BGDA2.

Thats right, instead of making Fallout 3 yet again (not like I care) they are instead making a CONSOLE title. Lets repeat together Fallout 3 will never be made and I for one am thankful for that.

Psilon

Erudite
Could you post a link to this news? I'm not especially disbelieving of your claim, but I want something to print out and burn in effigy...

Psilon

Erudite
Well, crap. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

I wonder if they're going to wait a year before releasing another half-assed GameCube port? I felt shafted by the port, and I only rented it.

And another thing: enough with the 2-player! Most consoles have four of those little jacks for a reason.

Rayt

Liturgist
I thought BIS was working on 3 titles at the moment: Jefferson, Jackson (BGDA2) and another one (I forgot which president it was). The last one is in pre-production and rumored to be Fallout 3. Or PsT 2.

Well, that's what I've gathered form reading BIS: General Feedback on the Interplay boards. I don't know if it's true or not.

Anyway, I thought that it was pretty common knowledge BIS was secretly working on a a new console title. The first BGDA sold pretty well and didn't took much time and effort to make. So I don't reallu understand why you people are so upset or suprised by this news.

Spazmo

Erudite
I'm surprised that BIS is making it. They have no experience whatsoever outside of RPGs.

And personally, I wouldn't listen to the deducions of a bunch of people who consider Baldur's Gate to be roleplaying and think Fallout was good, but would be better in real-time and in a tank.

jvn3t

Novice
Fuck it, the hell with them. They proved more and more they're not interested in producing any products with quality, just in manufacturing more and more bullshit. If I ever see them going through a crosswalk, I will by no means hit the brakes on my car.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Lasse said:
Heh, I think Black Isle could actually make better action games than RPGs, but knowing BIS they'll probably include jumping for the sake of jump puzzles and so on...

That's kind of funny, because the first Dark Alliance actually did have jump puzzles in it.

Section8

Cipher
Haha. What other licenses can they whore for cheap console action titles? Maybe they should talk to Maxis about making "Sim Failing Publisher"

triCritical

Erudite
Rayt said:
I thought BIS was working on 3 titles at the moment: Jefferson, Jackson (BGDA2) and another one (I forgot which president it was). The last one is in pre-production and rumored to be Fallout 3. Or PsT 2.

I am pretty sure that VanBuren is the sequal to Jefferson.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bah, I hope they die.
They have lost any respect I had for them.
First Enforcer and now this...whats next??Lionheart X-Box only?

Greenskin13

Erudite
triCritical said:
Rayt said:

I am pretty sure that VanBuren is the sequal to Jefferson.

A sequel to a game that hasn't come out?

I'm not really an expert in these things, so I'm wondering. Is this is a regular practice for game companies?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It is when they only have a limited amount of time to start on D&D games because of their deal with Infogrames. Starting on a sequel to Jefferson now, even though Jefferson isn't done, means they will be able to finish it and get two sales on the D&D license rather than one.

Psilon

Erudite
On the other hand, that makes Jefferson need to be some of Sawyer's best work and popular with the customers to boot. If it's not, they may have wasted development time on a sequel no one will buy.

I'm sure they're worrying about this already, what with Icewind 2 tanking.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
There'sa good chance that Interplay/BIS is renogitiating their contract with WOTC/IG. Remember, Jefferson isn't announced due to legal reasons. It's a high possibility that Jefferson wil not have BG/IWD in the title.

As for BGDA2, I enjoyed the original for what it was. I rented it which was a good thing since it was way too short. I am surprised, however, that BIS is making it. Not that it bothers me any. As long as it is good is all that matters.

JJ86

Liturgist
Only another month a half until E3...

Just wait until you start to get some Brotherhood of Steel action figures with your Happy Meal at McDonald's!! Then you'll really know the Fallout franchise is working.

Psilon

Erudite
Volourn said:
There'sa good chance that Interplay/BIS is renogitiating their contract with WOTC/IG. Remember, Jefferson isn't announced due to legal reasons. It's a high possibility that Jefferson wil not have BG/IWD in the title.

Imagine our surprise if it turns out to be Torment 2. After all, it isn't Fallout, it can't be Lionheart, it probably isn't Baldur's Gate, and so if it isn't Icewind Dale, it has to be a sequel to Planescape, right? :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
PS was good; but I prefer FO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom