Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Announced (for real this time)

BobtheTree

Savant
Am I looking forward to this? Yes
Do I recognize I'm a fucking scrub for looking forward to this? Yes
Do I think it will be a mediocre RPG experience? Yes
Will I still enjoy the hell out of it? Probably
Am I buying this day one? Hell yes

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The only thing I found cool about the trailer was the reveal that the Fallout narrator was an actual person who lived during the Great War. Specifically the brief stutter when he realizes civilization is about to be fucked, breaking the nihilistic indifference and faint mirth with which he has always seemed to regard the Fallout universe.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Don't drag The Witcher in this shamefur dispray.

Sure, Fallout 4 will be an RPG, but it will be a shit RPG.

Like Baldur's Gate.

:troll:

Athelas

Arcane
The best moment of the trailer is when it cuts to the first shot of people running/rioting and it dawns upon you that they're the same stiff and unnatural animations as Fallout 3.

Aside from that, the trailer is oddly nondescript. No story hook, no nothing, just stuff happening. I guess Bethesda finally perfected their particular brand of bland storytelling.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I just realized... you know what Boston has a lot of? SUBWAY TUNNELS!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I said this in shoutbox, but I'll repeat it.

You just know there's going to be a quest that somehow relates to throwing tea off of a boat.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Or riding around the city warning people of an impending attack. Red seemed to be a fairly prominent color in the trailer. I guess that's the Institute's fashion trend. I'm sure they'll set them up like the British.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Crispus Attucks will be in the game somewhere, even if it's only a tiny reference.

Blackmill

Scholar
Alright. What are the chances that Bethesda models Fallout 4 after New Vegas instead of Fallout 3?

yeah im into another fallout game from whoever

maybe in a few years obsidian'll grab the scraps and make new vegas 2 who knows

boston has a harbour so thats new for the series at least

bring it on, maybe not a day one purchase but ill probably buy it and play it at a significant discount

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There are people here who actually get hyped by a Bethesda fallout game? What the actual fuck

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The character moving animation is just terrible. Just something off about it that I don't like. I'll play it though.

Also, Welcome back faggotJaesun! :)

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom