Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 4 - essential mods

To sum up, it's the first time I run it so there should be plenty of good mods for now.

Pls. No 'uninstall.exe' jokes.

MWaser

Arbiter
uninstall.exe
before opening this thread, I noticed that it only had 2 responses. So I considered: "are 2 responses already sufficient for somebody to have made the stupid 'haha uninstall.exe' response as it is with every thread about making [game commonly disliked by codex] better".

And codex did not disappoint in this predictability, for already the first response was this dumb joke.

Morkar Left

uninstall.exe
before opening this thread, I noticed that it only had 2 responses. So I considered: "are 2 responses already sufficient for somebody to have made the stupid 'haha uninstall.exe' response as it is with every thread about making [game commonly disliked by codex] better".

And codex did not disappoint in this predictability, for already the first response was this dumb joke.

uninstall.exe Because it's no joke.

Falksi

Arcane
These threads are like reading......

"It's been 4 years since the Dick-Slicer 2000 came out, so I thought I'd give it a go. Which attachments can I add to it, because there's bound to be some now which make slicing your cock up into bite-sized chunks a pleasurable experience?"

InfatuatedAdoredKite-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Barbalos

Savant
I used a loading time accelerator mod, worked very well for decreasing load times. There's a couple on the nexus and they work by unlocking the FPS during load screens since Bethesda made the load times tied to the frame rate.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Don't fall for the "show dialog options like 3/New Vegas" mod bullshit. It doesn't really change how the shit dialog works.

I'm wondering if someon will provide some deeper insight. Recently I was pondering if it could be a nice survival shooter like F3 was with FWE (that was before I played better games); browsed nexus and read about it for a bit, and then I realized I really can't be bothered with it anymore.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
I'm wondering if someon will provide some deeper insight. Recently I was pondering if it could be a nice survival shooter like F3 was with FWE (that was before I played better games); browsed nexus and read about it for a bit, and then I realized I really can't be bothered with it anymore.
You can make it a decent open world survival type deal. It was pretty fun, in spite of everything. Now, you may say, "But Birdzo, you were shitfaced when you did that!" And you'd be right. So it was fun with an asterisk for copious alcohol.

I forget the names of the mods, but this is basically what I did:
>play on survival

>mod: lets you modularly change everything about survival mode, including damage rates, starvation rate, etc.
>set damage to 1.5:1.5 ratio, because bullet sponges and asymmetry are sinful and gay
>set starvation, sleep, etc. to realistic rates. play around with it

>mod: add damage threshold to all armors and vertibirds, a la NV
>this may have been a few different mods working together. i can't remember.
>total gamechanger

>mod: lets you set up fast travel nodes at settlements
>can only travel by activating a node, and wind up at the target node
>would use these whenever I connected settlements via caravan -- rationalized it as hitching myself to the caravan
>your settlement empire becomes incredibly important due to this

>mod: radiation storms are significantly more dangerous

>mod: make radiation accumulate faster in general

>mod: search and destroy (i remember the name of this one)
>increases distance enemies engage you from, the amount of time they search for you, and lets them follow you through doors

>mod: removes ambient lighting without real light sources, and darkens nights

>mod: brighter power armor lamps
>without this mod, the lamps are useless in real darkness

>mod: gives you lots of thunderstorms. purely for vibes.

>mod: find holotapes that let you record a journal entry so you can save without sleeping
>limited to one save per holotape

>mod: portable junk scrapper so I could actually carry shit
>breaks down items into its constituent parts
>no reason why you shouldn't be able to disassemble stuff in the field with a leatherman, so this didn't seem like a cheat button

>mod: no more essential NPCs
>take care of your companions

This was honestly a good experience (*while drunk). Bethesda can't do Fallout right, but they maybe could have done STALKER right.

Last edited:

ThatsRightImInIt

Educated
The only thing they got right was bringing back segmented armor ala Morrowind. And I suppose the shooting mechanics were a bit better than FO3/NV, but still pretty bad compared to other FPS. And there were a few sidequests here and there that could be kind of amusing.

Otherwise the game is pretty much irredeemable. Butchering SPECIAL and stats even further than before, the lore retcons, the shitty enemy and weapon variety, retarded characters like Piper, the entire New England setting was just boring and bland in general, the main quest being a poorly written clusterfuck. The worst part of it all of course was the fucking dialogue system. Even Todd himself admitted that it was shit and that they wouldn't bring it back.

I give it a 3/10.

typical user

Arbiter
Search my posts, I recommended stuff to make the game at least bearable. There are tons of mods and the game needs even more it can swallow. Play something else man, don't waste your time fixing pile of shit. Outer Worlds can give you your fix of open world looter RPG, just install and play it.

user

Savant
The modding scene of F4 is nauseating, but I was extremely bored at the time so I did try... Installed the horizon overhaul, full dialog interface, various other gameplay immersion mods, as well as some graphic mods to make the game feel less like hello kitty and started the game on survival.

Full dialog interface makes things even worse because the writing is cringy AF and most times you can only choose to say the exact same thing just in a differently retarded kind of way - pardon my language. Horizon improved gameplay a lot, but it couldn't do anything about the game being filled with crappy quests, or horrendous level design. It kind of improved character development too adding some pseudo-skills, but shit still tastes like shit even whipped cream on top of it. So yes, the only mod you need is uninstall.exe.

Tenebris

Scholar
You can season a turd all you want but in the end it's still a turd. Mods can't improve Fallout 4. The set character, the shit quests and level design. All that nonsense will still be in the game. No set of mods will fix that. Don't waste your time trying.

Otherwise the game is pretty much irredeemable. Butchering SPECIAL and stats even further than before, the lore retcons, the shitty enemy and weapon variety, retarded characters like Piper

Yeah I’ve seen it on one of the Wikias; New Vegas for me has both the best and most amusing selection of all kinds of weapons out of all shooters I’ve ever seen, and here all they could manage is some shitty makeshift hobo pipe weapons?

When I watched F4’s gameplay videos I really liked how they pulled off Power Armor, giving it a proper 3D justice of a walking tank, but it was too fucking weird to see this cutting-edge technology juggernaut walking around with duct-taped rusty ass rifle. They even could rip off, among everything else, I.e. that Winchester W94 Plasma Caster but no, they have to double down on their shitty alternative designs of Plasma weapons and everything, even though NV had both and no one complained.

I will stress here once again that I find New Vegas’ weapon selection the most fun and, ekhm, diverse out of all games ever. In fact there were even too many weapons, or rather too few enemies to try out even half of them, but fuck it — from base game’s already creative selections like F1/2 homages, Western-style repeaters, grenade machineguns, all the unique weapons having pros and cons, to inventive and fun weapons in DLCs like holorifle, Burned Man’s pistol that was very pleasant to use for some reason, K9000 or that ‘Murica auto bazooka. I’m sure there were way more memorable ones but it was such a sheer selection that i simply lost track of it. Alll of it ending with even more of that with 500 or so bonus ammo types in that last DLC.

Now I want to play it again.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was watching LGR on FA4 and I noticed.... its just a shooter. VATS gives you bullet-time essentually? There are like 6 add-on packs? I guess you pay for each? Is this game like a steam-client in that I have to be online to even load and play or just to install?

I get the feeling to just avoid it.

Yosharian

Arcane
I was watching LGR on FA4 and I noticed.... its just a shooter. VATS gives you bullet-time essentually? There are like 6 add-on packs? I guess you pay for each? Is this game like a steam-client in that I have to be online to even load and play or just to install?

I get the feeling to just avoid it.
Where have you been for the past decade? Also 'FA4' what does the 'A' stand for, exactly?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
FallAutism4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom