Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 may have originally featured a "classic mode" that played like the original Fallout

Codex Year of the Donut
There was a leak of information about Fallout 4 that has been mostly forgotten
https://archive.is/yEqAM
This is the timestamp of the post:
Obr1YDb.png

June 2014. That was about 17 months before Fallout 4 actually released.
Well, how much of it was right?

In Fallout 4, you are in Boston, and it takes place in the year 2287, exactly 10 years after Fallout 3..
Correct.
In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more "Story Based" and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline.
Correct.
At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story),
Not correct, but... it seems probable it was added late into development. Playing as Nora obviously doesn't make anywhere near as much sense as playing as a war veteran.
and afterward, you start the game with a blast.,
Pretty much correct.
and afterward, you start the game with a blast. After the blast, you awake to see the building you are standing inside blown apart and your wife, Lydia, dead. Robots and Androids are storming the place, killing and kidnapping the people inside. You, known as "The Officer", must escape and get revenge.
Nope.
Interesting point here is Lydia. That's the name of a female Skyrim companion, maybe a placeholder?
LOCATION: Fallout 4 is set in and around Boston and the surrounding countryside.
Correct.
The downtown area is entirely controlled by "The Institute", a group of techies and scholars, as well as researchers, who devote their lives to technology. The countryside area is a "Wasteland" with small towns and settlements, as well as vaults here and there. Logan International Airport is taken over by the Brotherhood of steel, who are there trying to control the technology, and are currently waging a war against the institute, as they both have disagreements as to who should be in control of the technology in the area.
Correct.
Meanwhile, Vault 79, located outside of Boston, is under the control by "The Railroad", a group of people dedicated to helping Androids escape the institute.
Almost correct. They're not in a vault. Coincidentally, Vault 79 appeared in FO76 later.
The Railroad returns from Fallout 3, where you only had a small glimpse of it during the "Replicated man" quest. In this game, they are a full faction and are much larger.
The Brotherhood Of Steel returns and control Logan Airport. This BOS is not the same as seen in Fallout 3. Instead, a similar BOS to the ones seen in the classic Fallout games as well as Fallout New Vegas make an appearance, only caring about technology, and will obtain it by force if they have to.
The Institute returns from Fallout 3, and is headed by a man named Thomas Littleton. They are the primary antagonists of the game, and control most of Boston Downtown. Their patrols in Downtown Boston are the counterpart in this game to the Super Mutants in Downtown DC in Fallout 3.
Talon Company also returns, but in a much smaller force. They base operations outside of a bunker located in Downtown Boston.
Raiders return too.
Mostly correct.
And the post goes on with mostly correct info, a lot of the discrepancies can be explained by design changes after the employee left as they're not that large. There's no way they could have gotten so much correct about the game itself without actually playing it.
So that leads me to the point of this post.
or on the PC version, a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games.

oh and
Fallout 4 will be able to import your Fallout 3 save, and adapt choices you made from that game for Fallout 4.
Dang.

Were there ever any leaks about the "classic mode"? Screenshots?

JDR13

Arcane
I'm not sure a "classic mode" with an isometric view would have made the game much better. Also, what would be the point of importing a save from Fallout 3 with the games being as disconnected as they were?

Flying Dutchman

Learned
There was a leak of information about Fallout 4 that has been mostly forgotten
https://archive.is/yEqAM
This is the timestamp of the post:
Obr1YDb.png

June 2014. That was about 17 months before Fallout 4 actually released.
Well, how much of it was right?

Were there ever any leaks about the "classic mode"? Screenshots?

You tell us, since I assume you leaked it.

Also, were you the one who cut it?

Wunderbar

Arcane
There's no way they could have gotten so much correct about the game itself without actually playing it.
"set in Boston", "features the Institute", "features Synths", "features Railroad" - all this stuff is from Fallout 3. It would make total sense to have BoS as a faction against MIT, so BoS part is just a lucky guess.

Bony Hands

Literate
If we assume this leak is real, an entirely different way of playing the game would have taken so much work it would have been better to have made it into a separate game so it getting cut makes sense. Of course, we don't have any evidence for this mode other then this one post, so I'm skeptical that it ever existed.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's no way they could have gotten so much correct about the game itself without actually playing it.
"set in Boston", "features the Institute", "features Synths", "features Railroad" - all this stuff is from Fallout 3. It would make total sense to have BoS as a faction against MIT, so BoS part is just a lucky guess.
It contains a lot more than that, did you actually read it? Most of it is spot on, there's no way you could just guess this stuff. Down to the year the game would take place, and a lot of stuff that is almost correct(e.g., the game has MacCready instead of Bryan Wilks, but still fills the same exact role and is a mercenary, Three Dog's VA was upset in mid-2015 when he found out he wasn't going to be included indicating there were originally plans for it, etc.,)
They even stated that Behaviour Interactive is working on a Fallout spinoff. They were, they created Fallout Shelter -- it wasn't announced until June 2015.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Down to the year the game would take place
"10 years after the previous game" isn't exactly something that's hard to predict.

and a lot of stuff that is almost correct(e.g., the game has MacCready instead of Bryan Wilks, but still fills the same exact role and is a mercenary
"child character from previous game appearing in the sequel as a grown up guy who is now a mercenary and a potential companion" isn't exactly something that's hard to predict.

Three Dog's VA was upset in mid-2015 when he found out he wasn't going to be included indicating there were originally plans for it, etc.,)
i don't think it indicates anything, maybe the guy thought his character was too important to throw away.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
It would make total sense to have BoS as a faction against MIT, so BoS part is just a lucky guess.
Every fucking Shittesda Fagout features BoS, even if it makes no sense. Why? Because BoS is a trademark of Fallout world. It's recognizable; its looks, Power Armour helmet in particular, are iconic. As I said before, twenty years have passed but Shittesda haven't created anything as iconic as BoS PA helmet. Cargo cult at its best.

220px-Fallout_3_cover_art.PNG
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
Fallout_76_cover.jpg

Meanwhile, Fallout 2 already didn't have BoS as the poster boys. It's Enclave - with the subtle message that there's a new power in town.

220px-PC_Game_Fallout_2.jpg

Wunderbar

Arcane
Yes, that's why i said "having BoS would make total sense".

I too can come up with Fallout 5 leak. "It will be a first-person shooter with perks, will have an open world, will feature base-building, weapon upgrading, and BoS as one of major factions". Voila, hire me Bloomberg.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Every Non-Bethesda Produced title including mod had a different cover for a person wearing specific faction armor.

The major example is Obsidian with NCR Ranger Armor and made it iconic rivaling Power Armor on New Vegas cover.

If i was designing Fallout 4 cover, i'll put a Synth wearing broken Synth Armor with a Boston Ruin as backdrop.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember on NMA when the franchise was bought by Bethesda and Fallout 3 was announced, there were lots of people that were hoping Bethesda will make a isometric turn based game.

Such naïve poor souls.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Every fucking Shittesda Fagout features BoS, even if it makes no sense. Why? Because BoS is a trademark of Fallout world. It's recognizable; its looks, Power Armour helmet in particular, are iconic. As I said before, twenty years have passed but Shittesda haven't created anything as iconic as BoS PA helmet. Cargo cult at its best.

220px-Fallout_3_cover_art.PNG
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
Fallout_76_cover.jpg

Meanwhile, Fallout 2 already didn't have BoS as the poster boys. It's Enclave - with the subtle message that there's a new power in town.

220px-PC_Game_Fallout_2.jpg

BoS armor wasn't iconic when Fallout 2 got released...

On the other hand, with a franchise reboot you want to have a cover that points to the original title, thus BoS helmet.

New Vegas had a different armor altogether, and it was new... And don't sell me the "not Bethesda crap", it was a mod of a Bethesda game, under Bethesda publishing supervision.

As for 4 and 76, at this point it became the icon of the franchise, since it would be nice to see the evolution with next gen (Fallout 4), and it stuck. Bethesda has created many cool new stuff in the newer titles, they are just not on the cover, cause after 23 years everyone assosiates Fallout with the BoS power helmet on the cover.

It is like asking why EA hasn't created anything new and iconic for the latest FIFA, and they still have a soccer player on the cover. I know you have to "hate" Bethesda in order to get "brownie points" from the "cool kids" of this autistic webspace, but give me a break....

Codex Year of the Donut
"child character from previous game appearing in the sequel as a grown up guy who is now a mercenary and a potential companion" isn't exactly something that's hard to predict.
Of the 2 characters that return from FO3 to FO4, they got one spot on(Li) and the other 95% right.

Yes, that's why i said "having BoS would make total sense".

I too can come up with Fallout 5 leak. "It will be a first-person shooter with perks, will have an open world, will feature base-building, weapon upgrading, and BoS as one of major factions". Voila, hire me Bloomberg.
Exactly which characters will be returning?
What's the main plot of the game?
Where is it set?
What year is it set in?
Who are the bad guys?
What month and year will it be revealed on and at exactly where will it be revealed at? (hint: Bethesda game studios never had an E3 conference prior to 2015)
What company is making the spinoff?

If you can get every single one of these nearly correct to the point where one can reasonably assume they changed somewhat during development, I'll agree they were guesses.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Bethesda has created many cool new stuff in the newer titles
That's why not a single one of this alleged "cool new stuff" is featured on the game's cover and Shittesda still rides on Tim Cain's legacy. Once again, Enclave was introduced in Fallout 2 and immediately put on the cover. Playing the game for the first time you had to wonder, who the fuck are this guys in non-BoS Power Armour, up until the point you actually meet them. Clever foreshadowing, of which the hacks employed by Todd Gayward are completely incapable.

Examples of "cool new stuff" from Shittesda are welcome. Name me a few.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Where is it set?
What year is it set in?
Who are the bad guys?
What month and year will it be revealed on and at exactly where will it be revealed at? (hint: Bethesda game studios never had an E3 conference prior to 2015)

If you can get every single one of these nearly correct to the point where one can reasonably assume they changed somewhat during development, I'll agree they were guesses.
"Replicated man" sidequest felt too out there and was an obvious sequel bait, a people thought that Fo4 is going to be about Boston MIT and replicants even before the leaks.

There weren't any obvious clues in Fo4 and Fo76 as far as i know.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Where is it set?
What year is it set in?
Who are the bad guys?

"Replicated man" sidequest felt too out there and was an obvious sequel bait, a people thought that Fo4 is going to be about Boston MIT and replicants even before the leaks.

Scuttlebutt is the Cabot House quest is setup for the next game, but in all likelihood Bethesda haven't spent a single calorie plotting it out yet.

Codex Year of the Donut
Where is it set?
What year is it set in?
Who are the bad guys?

Which clue told them that Bethesda would have their first ever E3 conference and announce FO4 there and who was making the upcoming Fallout spinoff game?

Wunderbar

Arcane
rusty_shackleford remember Survivor 2299 hoax? Everyone thought that Bethesda are going to go big with their next game.

And Shelter dev... well it was a lucky guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom