Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 - mods thread

Perkel

Arcane
Settlement Supplies Expanded

For some reason we are, by default, limited to a small amount of objects to build our settlements. Why? Good question. Whatever the reason, I am fixing it, hopefully to your satisfaction. I will be writing a guide and putting it in the description, but right now I'm writing this up and getting it released so you guys can download. I'll work on a tutorial later.

----
At the time of uploading, this mod currently adds:39 Useable Furniture Items (Beds/Chair/Benches)
20 Doors (That do not need to be attached to a wall)
12 Miscellaneous Interactive Objects (Barber/Surgery Chair, etc.)33 Static Car Objects (Pre-War and Destroyed)9 Static Miscellaneous Objects (Boxing Ring, Bridge, etc.)

baturinsky

Arcane
I hope someone will make something similar to Civil War+High King mods for Skyrim, but utilising Fo4 settlement mechanics. With full fledged economy and serf management, training your own army, waging war with pro-active enemy factions.
I want to go full Caesar on Commonwealth.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Better Item Sorting

Stuff this mod sorts:
Magazines, bobbleheads, holotapes and notes, different aid items, and some items used in crafting.

j0lnqhv.png

Not compatible with the full dialogue mod afaik, so you'll have to choose.

Perkel

Arcane
Place in Red

Fix for settlements. You can now freely place objects in red. You can build unlimeted size. It is cheat table so you need to use cheat engine for that.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Someone petition Christopher Walken to do a total conversion voiceover mod for the main character.

Perkel

Arcane
GAMEPLAY MODS:

- Survival rebalance - no buff to damaga from enemies (was x2) - no debuff to your damage (was x0.5), thanks to this you keep survival low health regen via meds

- Classic Vats - stops time instead of retarded slomo.

- Legendary Spawning rate - you can lower, increase or remove chance of legendary spawn enemies. Imo reducing it to lowest level is the best option.

- Dungeons Respawn rate - changes time to respawn "dungeons" from hours to 7 days

VISUAL MOD:

- Rain of Brass - those casings will never vanish after 3 seconds like in vanilla but will take truckload of time.
- Long Randge Bullet holes - yup, 500m decal limit and holes last very long time. places will look like war happened.

Last edited:

ortucis

Prophet

Odd one out from the list.

In new VATS enemies can hit you during VATS (slower but with more enemies they are all shooting at you, maybe they will miss). Fallout 3 VATS felt like cheating to me, I tried to avoid it so much. In Fallout 4, it feels like less of a cheating.

But either way, why the hell would anyone consider going back to F3 version an improvement? They took out turn-based, it isn't turn-based, but at least it isn't a full-blown cheat-mode similar to F3..

Perkel

Arcane

Odd one out from the list.

In new VATS enemies can hit you during VATS (slower but with more enemies they are all shooting at you, maybe they will miss). Fallout 3 VATS felt like cheating to me, I tried to avoid it so much. In Fallout 4, it feels like less of a cheating.

But either way, why the hell would anyone consider going back to F3 version an improvement? They took out turn-based, it isn't turn-based, but at least it isn't a full-blown cheat-mode similar to F3..

Why do you talk about F3 when FNV has superior version of it ? And F4 fallows FNV version.
F3 version simply scaled damage you receive to something like 15% while in VAT where FNV didn't (that much).

You choose time stop instead of slowed down mode because of targeting. With mouse while you try targeting you are all over place with mouse when enemy moves.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a mod where the power armor from Fallout 4 is inserted in New Vegas?

Perkel

Arcane
Increased Settler Population with script-less infinite object limit

WARNING: Settlements are already really janky. High population settlements just get more janky. You may have issues assigning jobs and what not. I had issues with this even at vanilla settlement sizes, so I assume the problem just gets worse. Hopefully, when Bethesda releases some patches that fix settlement issues it helps this mod's stability as well.

Sets the iWorkshopSettlerPopulationMax to a higher value. Options of 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 500, and 999. I personally use 50. Managing that many people will be a bitch anyways. You can always upgrade later and I don't know how/if this affects the rate at which settlers arrive.

The default value is your Charisma level plus 10, so when you change this, I assume it will actually be Charisma+50 or Charisma+100, etc.'

So charisma works on settlements.. neat.

FINALLY:

No Level Scaling

This mod removes Level Scaling, so enemies will appear without any consideration of your level.
This is the best mod imo currently.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Even in vanilla, level scaling is barely felt. Battles are very hard at the beginning and trivial at 30+ level.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks for pointing this out. Now navigating dialogues is much more bearable.
Can't fathom that they thought that a Bioware like dialogue wheel where you don't know wtf you're saying before it's too late would be a good idea.
Fuck consoles and controller interfaces. :argh:

And lol to all the mods in this thread that fix shit that isn't even broken. :lol:

Gerrard

Arcane
When I tried using one of those "optimized" texture mods my loading times became 3 times longer. Knowing this is Bethesda it probably loads the default textures first and then the ones in folders.

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
So, early versions of F4SE, FO4Edit and NifSkope are now available. Only problem is that more Gamebryo code has been ripped out and replaced with Beth code, mainly within the nif format itself, so tools will take time to update.

ortucis

Prophet
You choose time stop instead of slowed down mode because of targeting. With mouse while you try targeting you are all over place with mouse when enemy moves.

With mouse, you don't have to use VATS majority of the time in F4.

Only time I use VATS now is to snipe targets from far away (who aren't really moving and even if are, are patrolling slow enough for every shot to hit them). Hell, even with ranged sniping I am just using "hold breath" meter most of the time since it's faster.

During combat, with a mouse, it's way easier to mow everything down without VATS. They improved the FPS part of the game. Going back to the F3 version isn't "challenging" or an improvement. Feel free to use it, I am just saying that it was retarded in F3 and it's even more retarded bringing it back in F4 cause "herp derp mouse aim, too lazy to aim without VATS pausing".

DramaticPopcorn

Better Item Sorting

Stuff this mod sorts:
Magazines, bobbleheads, holotapes and notes, different aid items, and some items used in crafting.

j0lnqhv.png

Not compatible with the full dialogue mod afaik, so you'll have to choose.
Lol, inventory sorting mods are like first ones to pop up since obilivion. Holy shit Bethesda.

At the rate mods and the usual third party tools are coming out we'll have an unofficial, janky Creation Kit before long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom