Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 - mods thread

My usual strategy for Deathclaws (if there are no narrow passages) is to hop barriers dropping mines behind me like rabbit turds. Dunno if it's actually programmed that way but seems like limbs are easier to cripple after a cryo mine.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Against Deathclaws, it depends on the playstyle for me:
Cowboy: Sneak attack the chest, hit one more time in the roar animation, and then hit one of the legs with a critical and a few more shots, just to put it down to a crawl, then the next leg for complete impunity.
Unarmed: Roar at it while slamming a Deathclaw gauntlet into it's skull and crotch area, box it till it dies.
Heavy Weapons: Lol.

ArchAngel

Arcane
My usual strategy for Deathclaws (if there are no narrow passages) is to hop barriers dropping mines behind me like rabbit turds. Dunno if it's actually programmed that way but seems like limbs are easier to cripple after a cryo mine.
Noob. I just use a Psycho Jet and unload 12 shots of fully upgraded shotgun shells from point blank. No Deathclaw survived that yet.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Noob. I just use a Psycho Jet and unload 12 shots of fully upgraded shotgun shells from point blank. No Deathclaw survived that yet.

Fairfax

Arcane
Well, they do have talented people involved. The Ranger model looks great:

CWFqm4lUYAAH34M.jpg:large

Fairfax

Arcane
The companions sound boring, with the exception of the ghoul. Maybe it's because FO4 is already filled with notorious, cool badasses and mary sues.

Zeronet

Learned
Lonestar was originally for New Vegas, about a year ago. Seems like they decided to move over back in august, before they could realise how much Fallout 4 was a dumb downed mess and the engine is still in a horrible state.

Can you even make a mod designed for New Vegas and get it into Fallout 4 intact? There's no skills, dialogue must have four options all the time etc.

Fairfax

Arcane
Hopefully the 4 options cap is not hard-coded and people can add more, include the dialog mod, etc. It might even be possible to add options based on attributes/perks.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Well, they do have talented people involved. The Ranger model looks great:
Would love to see that in Fallout 4, but worned, battered from the harsh travels, and even with torn regions and bullet holes, dusty upon the ends of the duster and the eyes of the helmet hazed a bit, would definitely make every other armor piece in the game look like shit.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Would love to see that in Fallout 4, but worned, battered from the harsh travels, and even with torn regions and bullet holes, dusty upon the ends of the duster and the eyes of the helmet hazed a bit, would definitely make every other armor piece in the game look like shit.

But i thought Riot Armor Gear (The NCR Ranger Armor based upon) could be found in every Major Police Station in America. or that armor is only be found in West Coast ?

Zerginfestor

Learned

But i thought Riot Armor Gear (The NCR Ranger Armor based upon) could be found in every Major Police Station in America. or that armor is only be found in West Coast ?

true, what with the armor being riot gear, forgot about that tidbit. Makes no sense for the police stations in 4 to not have the armor pieces.

typical user

Arbiter

true, what with the armor being riot gear, forgot about that tidbit. Makes no sense for the police stations in 4 to not have the armor pieces.

Most of the game makes no sense. :M

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2100/?

I got tired of failing speech checks despite having 10 Charisma so I made this very simple file that makes Speech checks binary like in New Vegas.
This means that as long you meet the requirement you are guaranteed success in speech checks and if you don't then you are guaranteed failure!
As of V.4 it will change the related perks (Lady Killer/Black Widow) so the final rank gives 100% speech success chance with the opposite sex.

Here are the versions and the requirements:

(Normal Edition) The Normal Edition that I recommend you use.
Yellow(Easy) = 4
Orange(Normal) = 6
Red(Hard) = 8

(Hard Edition) The Hard Edition follows the harder and a bit silly requirements it had in V.1.
Yellow(Easy) = 4
Orange(Normal) = 7
Red(Hard) = 10

(Cheat Edition) A Cheat Edition for the Cheaters!
No charisma requirements! You will always succeed speech checks with this!

(Forgiving Edition) Not actually Binary but some people likes the idea of at least having a chance of success at lower charisma levels.
Yellow(Easy) = Every point in charisma adds 25% success chance up to 100% at 4 charisma
Orange(Normal) = Every point in charisma above 2 adds 25% success chance up to 100% at 6 charisma
Red(Hard) = Every point in charisma above 4 adds 25% success chance up to 100% at 8 charisma

(Hard-Forgiving Edition) Like the forgiving edition but harder.
Yellow(Easy) = Every point in charisma adds 25% success chance up to 100% at 4 charisma
Orange(Normal) = Every point in charisma above 3 adds 25% success chance up to 100% at 7 charisma
Red(Hard) = Every point in charisma above 6 adds 25% success chance up to 100% at 10 charisma

The files are made from scratch in FO4Edit.

Should be included in the game FFS, Fuck Random Chance.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Porting lonestar to fallout 4 will require a restart, most things have been rewritten. For one, the nif format has been completely re-built in Fallout 4, it now handles shaders and materials in a completely different (yet better) way. Any custom animation will have to be re-done because their animation system is no longer dogshit and the list goes on.

baturinsky

Arcane
Pity, this is vastly better than original both aesthetically and lore-wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom