Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 - mods thread

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I hope when GECK comes out, mod similar like Fallout New Vegas : Dust will be released shortly.

Remove everything that shit in Fallout 4, crank up difficulty/survivalist aspect tremendously with no end goal to see how long are you to survive in hellish world.

Best Survival Simulator 2016.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
http://imgur.com/gallery/W81x6

VhtUEti.jpg

L9wfWDd.jpg

b2dBhtM.jpg

76gEbcC.jpg

DE5N5HG.jpg

w3tb8bK.jpg

9Sg9rNc.jpg

haMg2SG.jpg

klbBBBg.jpg

3csdFC7.jpg

Yep, Already the best looking armor in the game. even it isn't released yet :lol:

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
From author words, it isn't really finalized yet.

Once GECK comes out, he will fix those proportions problem.

pippin

Funny how the NCR Ranger has become such a strong icon of the Fallout franchise, and it's basically a dude with a coat, a bulletproof vest and some blue jeans.

typical user

Arbiter
Funny how the NCR Ranger has become such a strong icon of the Fallout franchise, and it's basically a dude with a coat, a bulletproof vest and some blue jeans.

A cool looking dude with fancy gasmask in the coat. What? T-60 PA looks like someone reallly tried to hide their lack of creativity by copy-pasting T-45d. They could've just port all the stuff from Fo3 and NV to Fo4 as well as things from Fo1 and Fo2 but nah, let's just make some generic ugly-ass steampunk weapons in retro-future postapocaliptic game. Next stop, TESVI with lightsabers, because people in medival times played with swords right? Right?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
They could Make Boston Riot Armor Gear variant and put their own twist, but apparently that's to much work for them.

Or maybe they put them in future DLC.

Zerginfestor

Learned
The T-60 is worst in terms of design than even the T-45, which has been known to be the ass zit of the Power Armor fashion statement. All the concaves, especially in the eye socket region of the power armor, actually draw weapon fire towards it (people's shots are more likely to bounce into places that are naturally designed inward.), meaning those eyeslots of the T-45/T-60 are designed to attract gunfire by basically slapping a giant ass sign that says "HEY DUMBASS, SHOOT HERE!" to which the wearer of the Power Armor would soon become blind (or tomato paste, depending on what round is shot at him/her). Oh, and let's not forget the exposed tubing and wires in the midsection, which just spells imminent disaster.

In other parts of 'bad design' town, has anyone actually looked at the model of the Stingwing? It's stinger looks like a complete fucking mess, as if the designer had no idea how to make a mutated dragonfly and just said "Fuck it, slap tons of stingers on the end and make the main stinger curve in the opposite direction of the others!"

Last edited:

circ

Arcane
It's often said mods will fix it. But no amount of mods will ever fix any Bethesda game.

But if you still want to try, some very generic descriptions of ideas:

Chance to play ebil.
Delete every single settlement.
Fix quests.
Make followers come alibe.

typical user

Arbiter
So, the Creation Kit is due in a few weeks and I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas for a small mod they'd like to see.

New reloading animations so I can play with normal weapons which are right now available for download
Full rebalance mod as 'Requiem' which I didn't try but heard it is unforgiving especially for consoletards
Bring back Companion Wheel and edit their affinity so they won't squirt when I pick twentieth lock near them
Isometric-like view for Settlement building
UI overhaul, because some dumbfuck designed it for consoletards
Get rid of Diablo with Legendary enemies and items
Maybe add Psionics if we are talking about modding?
Oh and most importantly let me kill everyone, and make NPCs react to my actions.

Waifu content is already overabundant but surely someone will make a tentacle/prostitution mod. That's PC Master Race.

Zerginfestor

Learned
since there's no actual way to fix Fallout 4's hardwired fuckups (Dialogue choices, voice acting, consequences, etc.), might as well try to focus on the more popular things Bethesda advertises (and never gets the shit right), which is weapons, action and weapon modding.

-Dual Wielded Unarmed (seriously, this shit with the right hand only thing is fucking stupid, even the bethdrones in the forums agree it's an idiotic idea to only wield one unarmed weapon in one hand, as there's absolutely no negatives in Dual Wielding brass Knuckles/Power Fists/Deathclaw Gauntlets/Boxing Gloves).

-more melee/unarmed weapons (seriously, these categories have the potential to have thousands of unique, awesome weapons, and you only shit out 4 for Unarmed? For a company who states they're creative, you fuckwads sure are lazy in design, Bethesda.)

-More melee/Unarmed Weapon mods (Melee/Unarmed are also the most potentially creative mods in the game, and could use more options, such as pure damage mods (heavy handed Power Fists or so), attack speed mods, hell, even mods for when you block an enemy attack, there's a nice amount of things you can always implement.

-better melee system, but good luck with that.

-more love with guns in terms of variety and mods.

-Reloading animations.

Anything else is gravy, but if you're gonna make shoot em' up/hack and slash, at LEAST make it enjoyable.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
1. Throw explosive key so you can stop throwing a molotov by accident.
2. Consumable duration icons shown ala Skyrim
3. Scarcer items, ammo off containers.
4. Increased mob spawns 2x/3x
5. Terrible buying/selling price at low CHA
6. Armor Set Hotkey - Costume 1 - CHA Hat, Glasses, Suit / Costume 2 - Combat Overall, Helm, Arms, Legs
7. Companion AI Order Hotkey - ALT 1 - Attack/Go to my target / ALT 2 - Stay / ALT 3 - Loot my target / ALT 4 - Interact with my target (Hack/Pick)
8. Grappling hook to climb and down for non Power Armor? I always felt it's ridiculous that Power Armor gets Jet Packs and zero fall damage.
9. Power Armor prevents sneaking.
10. Increased treatment costs for injuries, diseases, rads and addiction. And increase penalties from addictions.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Revamp the perk system so that Luck isn't so OP and trees like Strength, Endurance and Charisma are actually worth investing in. Maybe actually differentiate them so that they encourage specializing and, god forbid, actually encourage at least some degree of role playing.

Reskin all the weapons (Especially the fucking combat rifle and assault rifle, because holy shit they are ugly as sin). Add more weapons as well while they're at it, especially more melee weapons.

Revamp settlement dynamic. Actually have the defense value of your settlements matter so that you don't constantly have to go back to bumblefuck nowhere because a group of bandits armed with sticks and their own shit managed to bypass all my missile turrets and guard posts to kidnap someone.

Maybe add a stockpile option for settlements where weapons and armor in a specific stockpile are automatically allocated to settlers that're on guard duty, or are accessible to them when an alarm is pulled, just so that you don't have to go to each and every one of them and customize them manually.

Revamp the Minuetemen. Make it so that re-taking the fort removes the radiant "Another Settlement needs your help" filler quests you'd constantly get, or at the very least give the option to order someone lower down to do it instead.

Scarcer items, scarcer bullets, encourage players to frequent settlements and barter for new shit rather than live off of subsistence looting.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
Yeah when you think about it, this game needs revamping almost every element. Combat is painful because enemies take multiple magazines to kill and have limitless cache of molotovs. I would like to see more than one Deathclaw in locations and random encounters and more hand-placed enemies, very high costs for resources and hand-placed items in dungeons. I would like to see more unforgiving SPECIAL. What pains me is the fact you can't fix dialogues, world map, lack of skills and horrible quests.

I mean I am having great amounts of fun in Fallout 2 right now because there are locations full of popamole while others focus exclusively on dialogs. In Fallout 4 it's always kill this or that. There are almost no quests without killing critters, purely focused on dialogues. It would really change the pace and atmosphere of the game if I were to choose when I fight enemies because more often than not I just feel annoyed from yet another fight with raiders, ghouls, mutants or raiders. In Fallout 2 there is Den full of combat with slavers, gangsters, then some rats in Modoc then Vault City and Gecko without single fight with every quest (excluding Raiders but with RP they aren't available nor easy to take at early levels). I can just rest from popamole and then be invigorated when it finally happens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom