Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

There goes Jaesun with his threats.

Zeriel

Arcane
If history has taught us anything, it's that war never changes hens that lay golden eggs end up getting killed.

Yeah. It's easy to fuck something up with the best intentions in mind, and once you fuck something, you can't unfuck it. The Valve mods fiasco was an example of that, even if they did it perfectly the next time around with the majority of the money going to modders or whatever, the memory of the first time would haunt them, there would be plenty of people who will never accept it as a result, and so forth.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
From the trophies icons "Reunions" and "Nuclear Family" I can give a good guess at the player characters personal story arch. Either being reunited with your son as a child or as an elderly man. "Nuclear Family" make me think as an old man on his deathbed by the time you meet him.

But its also possible that its either the husband or wife on the deathbed while the child is still in stasis.

Athelas

Arcane
123869.png

The Nuclear Option
Complete "The Nuclear Option"
We heard you liked consequence-free nuke detonating, so here's some more consequence-free nuke detonating.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
From the trophies icons "Reunions" and "Nuclear Family" I can give a good guess at the player characters personal story arch. Either being reunited with your son as a child or as an elderly man. "Nuclear Family" make me think as an old man on his deathbed by the time you meet him.

But its also possible that its either the husband or wife on the deathbed while the child is still in stasis.

Yeah, it's fairly clear at this point that the initial hook is about going out into the wastes to find your spouse and child. I'm quite sure your kid will be a part of this, since it's too good a motivation to pass up.

Bethesda ditched Steam Workshop for Fallout 4, and will use their own site for mod hub: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10...consoles-and-possibility-of-fallout-3-on-ps4/

Read the last page.

They'd have to police what mods a console can download pretty heavily. Pull up a heavier texture mod and something like Wasteland Travelers or WarZones and the consoles are going to start stutter-stepping. And enjoy working out the interdependence issues folks.

CrawlingDead

Learned
Modding as it is now is basically a hobby for a lot of people, which in turn spawned a large community. Money being involved in stuff like this always makes it worse. YouTube was a hobby for most people years ago too and look how shit that got, when monetization of videos started becoming common.
Yep, you already know. A lot of these corporate apologist fucks on Bethesda forums try to defend this strategy of monetizing mods with the very popular argument -- "nothing will change, plus modders should be able to make money if they want to" At this point, it ceases to become a mere hobby. I already know we're going to see some cut-throat shit with this.

It was real nice back in the day, especially with Morrowind's mod support. Hell, you could even download free mods off Bethesda's site back then. Look at them now, $4.00 for horse-armor that should have been in the game in the first place.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I already know we're going to see some cut-throat shit with this.
We already have; modders putting some silly armor/weapon mods behind a paywall, modders putting pop-ups in their free mods encouraging to buy paid full versions, endless rants on the Nexus about how modding for free is labor hence modders should be paid and how those who deny them money are disgusting etc., etc. All that happened in a matter of days after the paid mods thing happened.

With all the bucks to be made on the console sheep, I'm sure that more than enough modders for this to work are going to filp once offered some profits (from subscriptions, a better model of donations or whatever). The only reason why this still didn't happen, is because of how poorly it was executed the last time.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

I like that. Kojima's Snatcher and Policenauts used the same hook.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron

Weapon perk ranks look like they all follow the 20%-20%-20%-20%-20% (+bonus effect at final rank) pattern from Skyrim
The new loot interface looks absolutely moronic.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
They'd have to police what mods a console can download pretty heavily. Pull up a heavier texture mod and something like Wasteland Travelers or WarZones and the consoles are going to start stutter-stepping. And enjoy working out the interdependence issues folks.

MFW consoles can only run one mod at a time because of this issue.

309406_200x130.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/fallou...k-lampert-confirms-new-track-exclusive-485826
Fallout 4 Soundtrack News: Audio Director Mark Lampert Confirms New Track [EXCLUSIVE]

TheFallout 4 soundtrack will be a vital component to Bethesda Game Studio’s upcoming post-apocalyptic journey. Anyone who’s played through Fallout 3 (or the not-Bethesda produced Fallout: New Vegas) knows just how important that soundtrack can be when you’re exploring the wasteland. Deciding what goes into the final version of the Fallout 4 soundtrack isn’t easy, says BGS Audio Director Mark Lampert. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun.

“The fun part is we all had this great starting point from Fallout 3. Do we want to do more of that music? Absolutely,” Lampert told iDigitalTimes. “We not only wanna do more we also want to push the limits on where the time period is. I think before we stuck a little more closely to what is too early and what is too late. This time we bent the rules quite a bit more to find what would be really fun.”

Fans already heard one Fallout 4 soundtrack song that fit this category - “The Wanderer” by Dion - which was featured in the live action trailer.

“We gotta do that song. You ARE the Wanderer,” Lampert said.

Lampert revealed another song to iDigi that isn’t exactly in the era found in Fallout 3 but “ the lyrics are just too obvious” to ignore. Behold, another track you’ll be bopping along to in post-apocalyptic Boston - Skeeter Davis’ “The End of the World.”

Unfortunately, this song wasn’t on our list of possible Fallout 4 tracks, but Lampert hinted at the fact that if we delved into the Dot Records catalogue and looked at the weird 1950s atomic war-pop song sub genre we’d probably find a few things that will be in the game.

“All these tunes [from the] early 50s where people are aware of nuclear power but the lyrics are like silly. It's like they don't know what they're talking about. No one really grasps how powerful the bomb is. How bad it can be,” he said. “There's some creepy ones. Some religious bent ones. 'Atom Bomb Baby' and loads of stuff like that and malt shop favorites.”

There is a lot more music on the Fallout 4 soundtrack than in previous games, too.

“It's multiples of whatever we did in Fallout 3. I've never totalled it up actually [laughs.] But more than we should have done probably,” he said. “There's the classic Fallout 3rock station. We put a classical station in this time that kind of ties into the story. Radio Plays which are somewhere in between. There are different factions that have their own little thing. So more than three radio stations, but less than ten, depending on where you are in the world.”

Lampert’s job involves a whole lot more than picking tracks for the Fallout 4 soundtrack. As the audio director he is designing countless sound effects and musical cues as well as directing the voice overs and dialogue, too.

“The radio plays all these things synced together, and that's before you even get into all the sound design and sound effects. Forget about the 112,000 lines of dialogue or whatever it came out to be. Let's take what we did in Skyrim and just double it,” he said. “Amazingly it all works and it all fits in there.”

CrawlingDead

Learned
We already have; modders putting some silly armor/weapon mods behind a paywall, modders putting pop-ups in their free mods encouraging to buy paid full versions, endless rants on the Nexus about how modding for free is labor hence modders should be paid and how those who deny them money are disgusting etc., etc. All that happened in a matter of days after the paid mods thing happened.

With all the bucks to be made on the console sheep, I'm sure that more than enough modders for this to work are going to filp once offered some profits (from subscriptions, a better model of donations or whatever). The only reason why this still didn't happen, is because of how poorly it was executed the last time.
What a real shame too. I use to dabble with a lot of Morrowind mods back in the day, and it was exciting to say the least. A lot of really great innovative stuff coming out of there. It was a good place to be, that was back in 04-05 era. The great thing, nobody asked to be fucking paid for something they did out of love for the game. These fuckin assholes now though -- it's just a symptom of what's happening or what has happened to the series -- a change in the target audience. We have people who think they deserve to be paid for some bullshit ass furry mod that took them two hours to do and a fanbase who doesn't mind being fucked in the ass on a daily basis because they already justified it in their sycophantic little brains that Xbox live and 24 hour updates is a good fucking deal.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Judging by the teaser, it may seem like the loot inventory is in real time now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom