Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
What has Bethesda said about choices and branching storylines or have they completely given up on that because they don't know how?

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
BVXxobv.jpg

Adon

Arcane

I thought this screenshot was taken because of the PC being in her undies in all the bad texture glory. Then I realized it's because of Madison Li whom I didn't even remember until a few minutes later.

bonescraper

I can't figure if it's a grammar mistake or what he actually means to say.
Bro, the deepest game got even deeper, borrowing themes from Planetescape: Tournament. What can change the nature of technology?

:philosoraptor:

It's just works.

Why oh why dididn't they buy the rights to Torment? It would be hilarious.

Lemming42

Arcane
Ahhhh it's called Goodneighbour but everyone's got guns and acts aggressive, great stuff

EDIT: So you can die in VATS if you take too long to choose where to hit. That's pretty cool actually.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I believe I now have a fully fleshed-out set of reasonable screening criteria which allow me to accurately identify people I should hate:

• pre-orders Fallout 4 and/or discusses it or Fallout 3 in a positive light
  • hasn't yet purchased Underrail and Age of Decadence
  • disagrees that Band of Brothers is not only the #1 television show of all time, but also the best movie of all time
  • hasn't seen Blade Runner or Dr. Strangelove
  • hasn't read Dune

Unfortunately, this screening process has eliminated almost the entire human race, so I'll be forced to live as a hermit from now on.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe I now have a fully fleshed-out set of reasonable screening criteria which allow me to accurately identify people I should hate:

• pre-orders Fallout 4 and/or discusses it or Fallout 3 in a positive light
  • hasn't yet purchased Underrail and Age of Decadence
  • disagrees that Band of Brothers is not only the #1 television show of all time, but also the best movie of all time
  • hasn't seen Blade Runner or Dr. Strangelove
  • hasn't read Dune

Unfortunately, this screening process has eliminated almost the entire human race, so I'll be forced to live as a hermit from now on.
What if I paid $1 for Underrail in a bundle but get FO4 on Black Friday for $30?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So apparently the big twist is:

Srsly, spoiler.
Waifu is dead and the kid has been turned into a synth. Two endings - you can kill it or spare this synthetic abomination.

https://a.pomf.cat/wqklnu.ogg

Maybe I should post it in the launch trailer comments...

:troll:
Fallout 3 had a quest where a scientist from the Commonwealth is searching for an escaped android that has modified itself so that it no longer knows it's an android.

Fallout 4 is set in the Commonwealth with a similar theme being used for the main quest.

Bethesda: Proudly offering less originality with each iteration of the same game engine since 2002!

Black

Arcane
Yes, steam forums seem like a good place for such guerilla warfare. All those "pre-ordered" icons, so juicy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom