Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Adon

Arcane
lMp2yIm.png

Is that an honest-to-god acknowledgement of New Vegas? I figured they didn't even look at that game.

Also, can anyone give the rundown on plot points? What's all this stuff about teleportation and the Institute.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I believe I now have a fully fleshed-out set of reasonable screening criteria which allow me to accurately identify people I should hate:

• pre-orders Fallout 4 and/or discusses it or Fallout 3 in a positive light
  • hasn't yet purchased Underrail and Age of Decadence
  • disagrees that Band of Brothers is not only the #1 television show of all time, but also the best movie of all time
  • hasn't seen Blade Runner or Dr. Strangelove
  • hasn't read Dune

Unfortunately, this screening process has eliminated almost the entire human race, so I'll be forced to live as a hermit from now on.

I check out on all those. Must mean I'm a pretty monocled gentleman. Thanks!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I check out on all those. Must mean I'm a pretty monocled gentleman. Thanks!

I didn't want to add "progressive retard" to the list because, generally speaking, it's best to keep politics out of game threads.

Come to think of it though, this is the Fallout 4 thread. No reason not to fill it with shit.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So basically, Fallout 4 can be summed up as: I'm looking for my son, baby-aged guy. Maybe you've seen him? War never changes.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I remember spamming the bethesda forums with "THE PRESIDENT IS A COMPUTER!!!" when FO3 was released. Good times.

I ended up being banned 'til 2065.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Wait, so androids are now a thing in Fallout? Big enough to be main plot? How the hell did that happen and how do you have actual synthetic humans in a retro sf where robots look like mr handy or those robobrain thingies?

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Wait, so androids are now a thing in Fallout? Big enough to be main plot? How the hell did that happen and how do you have actual synthetic humans in a retro sf where robots look like mr handy or those robobrain thingies?

Somebody finally invented a transistor. Or we have a perfect human replicas full of vacuum tubes. Foolproof design!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I believe I now have a fully fleshed-out set of reasonable screening criteria which allow me to accurately identify people I should hate:

• pre-orders Fallout 4 and/or discusses it or Fallout 3 in a positive light
  • hasn't yet purchased Underrail and Age of Decadence
  • disagrees that Band of Brothers is not only the #1 television show of all time, but also the best movie of all time
  • hasn't seen Blade Runner or Dr. Strangelove
  • hasn't read Dune

Unfortunately, this screening process has eliminated almost the entire human race, so I'll be forced to live as a hermit from now on.

Putting Dune and Age of Decadence on the same scale...

*ignored*

What's with the dick in front of Vault Boy's mouth? It looks like he's sick of sucking it, too.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Buitthurt already commencing...

Internet is full of nasty evil-doers!1! ! , news at 11.

Ha, this guy actually sounds like he genuinely cares (about crap) and is near mental brakedown while recording. He may be the only good voice actor hired by Beth.

Now i dont really see the fun for spoiling anything for anybody, i just dont give a shit (if i was paid to spoil stuff, yeah thats another matter), but in this case LOL.

Cadmus

Arcane
rofl at that whining cocksucker complaining about the leaks
I read the spoiler but don't understand it anyway because I haven't been following the game at all. Does it still run on Abortionbryo engine? Uhh sorry, I meant the totally new and enhanced, made-from-scratch in-house goodness that is Creation.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Does it still run on Abortionbryo engine?

Yes. It's been stated or strongly implied through various official and semi-official statements that Bethesda won't learn new development tools, won't develop outside the bounds of first-person/over-the-shoulder action shooters, certainly won't switch engines, and can't even do ladders.

They have a very particular formula and methodology, and they stick to it religiously. I frankly feel they're terrified of what might happen if they tried something new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom