Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Saw this just now:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496880503065574797/

ec774179ca.png

Cadmus

Arcane
Yes. It's been stated or strongly implied through various official and semi-official statements that Bethesda won't learn new development tools, won't develop outside the bounds of first-person/over-the-shoulder action shooters, certainly won't switch engines, and can't even do ladders.

They have a very particular formula and methodology, and they stick to it religiously. I frankly feel they're terrified of what might happen if they tried something new.
Their next game should be a FPS/rafting simulation hybrid to get the full mileage out of that engine.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I refuse the inferior Early Access experience, if I bought the game today it would only be to support the dev. But then I would stand with a Steam copy once the game is playable, rather than having saved my 8€ for GOG.

Yu realize that Underrail plays like a fully realized and released cRPG, right? In fact, it's more polished in its early access state, than most of the shit cRPGs being released now.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is the first time I see the leaked screenshots. Is the guy playing running the game in 800x600? The textures look purposely smeared, holy shit.

Zeriel

Arcane
Are those really PC screenshots?
Why is there no indoor lighting and shadows at all? Even Skyrim had that

Happened plenty of times before, almost no one gave a damn.

This is also for you Zeriel

As an 80's baby who thought Daggerfall was the future of the company, I hate what Bethesda has become, but I love the Todd maymays, it almost makes it all worth it.

CbLpDrt.jpg
Why haven't you pre-ordered yet?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The story is that your moving sperm is the villian and you can nuke Fallout 4.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I couldn't care less for Fallout 4 and its plot 'cause I'm not into FPS but I don't get why the game should be spoiled for those who intend to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom