Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fairfax

Arcane
With every Bethesda game since Morrowind I had some hope modders will fix it. It did come true only with Skyrim which did became playable with mods unlike Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Right off the bat both dialog system and perk window looks anything but mod friendly. Also I have a feeling Bethesda will try to again monetize mods so I have little hope for Fallout 4 to be fixed by modders.
It's amazing, really. They thought the message was wrong and it was just a matter of poor communication. I have no doubt they're going to monetize mods again, which is great. It will finally turn a large group of the bethestards against them.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
So, are the Railroad/Brotherhood/Minutemen factions at least mutually exclusive? The way the trailer and achievements went I had some vague hope that maybe there was a spot of Incline there, but nothing here seems to indicate one way or another.

If we want to be play the optimist, converting the dialogue cross into a Human Revolution-style honeycomb w/ synopsis of what you want to say might let the developer of any theoretical spin-off salvage it.
It seems like at least the Institute and BOS are at odds, likely the Railroad and Institute as well. Minutemen seem to be just your settlement faction and only have a passing influence on the main quest itself.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, since we all know everybody here will put at least 100 hours into it, what build are you gonna start off with?
http://www.rpg-gaming.com/fo4.html

I'm probably gonna go with max int (for the xp bonus) then agility/luck and slowly build up a stealthy melee/sniper character. Of course sooner or later I will have everything but sneaking around in Fallout 3 was probably the best part of the game and if Bethesda can deliver on that part I'm happy.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
So, since we all know everybody here will put at least 100 hours into it, what build are you gonna start off with?
http://www.rpg-gaming.com/fo4.html

I'm probably gonna go with max int (for the xp bonus) then agility/luck and slowly build up a stealthy melee/sniper character. Of course sooner or later I will have everything but sneaking around in Fallout 3 was probably the best part of the game and if Bethesda can deliver on that part I'm happy.
I'll just make some larpy soldier build since the character is supposed to be from the army.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Mah build

latest

I wonder if a Vault armored costume will appear on the game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering the game has no level cap it might as well have INFINITE QUESTS, so an XP bonus is pretty worthless (it usually is).

Might as well LARP Kenshiro again like I did in NV.

>you can breathe underwater from some endurance perk
Why am I even still being surprised by something retarded in Bethesda's game?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Played a bit. The dialogue system is as expected total shit and barely feels like a fallout anymore. Enviroment, despite low res textures looks actually pretty nice and moody. Light system looks really good. Impressed by the amount of customization and minmaxing you can do to weapond and armor. Gunplay feels ok, didnt use vats so far. Overall it's less shit than I expected if you simply treat the game as a sandbox.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Considering the game has no level cap it might as well have INFINITE QUESTS, so an XP bonus is pretty worthless (it usually is).

On the contrary it's worth more than ever since you can eventually unlock everything so you're not wasting perk points and gimping your final build. xp bonus means you get everything faster so you're just sacrificing a bit of early game power for a stronger mid game. I never took the xp bonuses in fallout3/nv or bothered much with int beyond perk requirements precisely because they were useless when you hit the level cap. With no level cap they are now very valuable.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Played a bit. The dialogue system is as expected total shit and barely feels like a fallout anymore. Enviroment, despite low res textures looks actually pretty nice and moody. Light system looks really good. Impressed by the amount of customization and minmaxing you can do to weapond and armor. Gunplay feels ok, didnt use vats so far. Overall it's less shit than I expected if you simply treat the game as a sandbox.

How'd you play? Did bethesda decide to just release it thanks to the leaks? Or did it get cracked already?

Baron

Arcane
I'll just make some larpy soldier build since the character is supposed to be from the army.

Wonder what happened to the PC being a Joe everyman, just a mere vault dweller, with no defined background, who stepped out of a vault, blinking in the sunshine, a level 1 clean slate character to make your own

Oh yeah.
Support the troops... :kwafuckyeah:

I suppose an army character fits the transition from aRPG to FPS.

Hey Bethesda, here's my character...

:flamesaw:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Console version is already being sold openly in Merkeland, there is not pc version until release date as steam download with the remaining files is necessary.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
can you save perks or is the level forced like in fo3? also, do you get anything every level (other than a new perk)? like health/ap or is it all special based?

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Console version is already being sold openly in Merkeland, there is not pc version until release date as steam download with the remaining files is necessary.
makes sense since denying refugees early access to video games is an international crime against humanity

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wonder what happened to the PC being a Joe everyman, just a mere vault dweller, with no defined background, who stepped out of a vault, blinking in the sunshine, a level 1 clean slate character to make your own

Oh yeah.
Support the troops... :kwafuckyeah:

Well, he was a courier for the NCR post office first.

Cadmus

Arcane
As long as they continue to add fresh new action that the moronic general console gaming public enjoys (adding dragons to Skyrim was completely brilliant, and that is why is sold MILLIONS!!!~1111111!!!), they will continue to be orally serviced by the Professional Gaming Journalist™ media. And continue to bring MILLIONS to the bank.

Even the absolute fucking RAPE of the Fallout setting is just pure fucking vomit inducing. But the general gaming public doesn't give a shit, they just want to PEW PEW AND WIN TEH GAEM and OMG PURTY GRAFFIX!!!!11!

Ugh.
You think you are being funny but I don't understand why people defend this shit by saying: WELL AT LEAST YOU CAN WALK AROUND IN PRETTY GRAPHICS
It's not true, the game looks like a fucking PS3 shit, same as Skyrim looked like fucking shit yet people for some reason kept saying it was beautiful as if there wasn't The Witcher 2 to compare to. Fucking hype and fanboism makes people literally blind.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So many features to criticize and codexers are still batching about graphics... This is truly some Pathetic gaf shit right here.

One thing that looks, from the videos, to be night and day better than the previous games is the shooting, which in an action open world game is essential to get right.

The game will be an uterly Mediocre experience, but so have more or less every 3d Fallout game, new Vegas included.

Dunno why people expected this to be any different.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
So many features to criticize and codexers are still batching about graphics... This is truly some Pathetic gaf shit right here.
Because grafics is the only thing you come to expect from AAA release, the very least they can deliver. Wasting time crying over Fallout lore, shitty writing or gameplay streamlining is strong newfag status alert.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom