Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You know, I think he JUST came here to do a Fallout 3 LP.... and then he was gone.

Of course maybe he discovered GD and was like WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS PLACE and ran the hell away. Far far away. Or something.

Mech

Cipher
So who is going to do the Codex LP? It's a damn shame DriacKin is no longer here, because his Fallout 3 LP was the fucking epic story OF LEGENDS! I could not honestly believe the game was that fucking bad. Fuck that was hilarious. So much so, I bought it just to see for myself, and oh gawd.
Whatever lie helps you sleep at night, I always say.

Catfish

Learned
Yeah, guess Fallout Mobile would be more ''MOBILE'' with microtransactions and playtime limits :M

Yup. Travel from shady sands to vault 15took like a week of game time. Well, guess what, kids - now it is in real time! Or you can buy bottle caps from the ingame store to speed things up! Also, pay a 1000 bucks to free Vic from Metzger. We accept credit cards and PayPal.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So who is going to do the Codex LP?
If I can motivate myself to figure out Nvidia shadowplay and upload shit to YouTube I might do it. That's right a PROPER Let's Play and not this lame two pictures and a wall of text shit. I suppose I'd need a mic, too, so I can crack unfunny jokes.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If I can motivate myself to figure out Nvidia shadowplay and upload shit to YouTube I might do it. That's right a PROPER Let's Play and not this lame two pictures and a wall of text shit. I suppose I'd need a mic, too, so I can crack unfunny jokes.
If you're gonna :fanboy: all over Fallout 4 by pre-ordering, might as well clean some of the shame off and do it for a good cause.

Or, like Mech said:
Whatever lie helps you sleep at night, I always say.

:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Since it's set in Boston I can E-Larp Will Hunting. High strength and intelligence!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Who is going to want to listen to you gushing all over the game? If we want fangirl LPs there are plenty of those out there from everyone else.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
After playing (and finishing) that garbage, perhaps he went insane...

It is a really good LP, if you haven't read it before set some time aside and give it a read.

kain30

Cipher
I know this is absolutely off-topic but... a subforum for Bethesda in the Codex?¡?¡?¡? they don´t deserve that honour!:x

Last edited:
We have a skilled team of spergs analyzing the PipBoy featured on the trailer.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Pip-Boy

Characteristics
The new Pip-Boy features a number of similarities and differences between previous models. It bears closest resemblance to the Pip-Boy 3000.

Similarities to Pip-Boy 3000
The new Pip-Boy, like the 3000, is worn on the arm. It features a cylindrical metal case with a large, curved display in the centre. Like the 3000 model from Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the display appears to be of a green color. The device features a number of rustic dials, a number of buttons below the display that may be used for "mode selection" (similar to the "Stats", "Items" and "Data" buttons of the Pip-Boy 3000). Also featured is what appears to be a Radiation Guide and an ambient-orange light.

Differences
  • There are several major changes to the layout of the device. The majority of the settings dials appear to have been moved to the right of the device so that it can be used easily when worn on the left arm. The new model features two side mounted dials, as opposed to a large "scroll wheel" used in the 3000. The dials used in the new model also resemble cogs, as opposed to the "rocket glider" design used in the the 3000. Also, the secondary dial (used to navigate between settings such as "world map" and "local map" in the two Bethesda Fallouts) appears to have five settings, Stat, Inv, Data, Map, & Radio. This means that instead of using the three orange-lit buttons in Fallout 3 the dial will be used to select a menu the wearer wishes to view.
  • In addition, the new Pip-Boy has a visual dial that can be used to select a radio station.
  • At the back of the Pip-Boy, a device is visible what looks like to be some sort of vacuum tube.

TL;DR it has buttons and does things.

Well, at least it might be simpler to operate with mouse and keyboard.

At least it's more immersive now. It's like you're really IN your inventory!

...hey, where are my car keys?

*brings out phone*

*types KEYS*

House keys, office keys...ah, here they are.

*keys materialize on hand*

-

edit: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-announcement-helps-fallout-3-sales-rise-/1100-6427805/

The Fallout 4 announcement yesterday led to a dramatic upswing in sales of the most recent entries in the series, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, at least on Amazon. The online retailer's Movers & Shakers Chart (via Videogamer) shows that Fallout 3 Game of the Year sales rose 1,163 percent, while the New Vegas Ultimate Edition enjoyed a dramatic 409 percent upswing in the wake of the reveal.

I didn't know the exact number...I wonder what about that harmless trailer caused such furor.

User comment highlights:

923PqD.png

8CGuvM.png

Ue3ZxH.png

vcSxgH.png

LhuvfHH.gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom