Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
You know, I think he JUST came here to do a Fallout 3 LP.... and then he was gone.

Of course maybe he discovered GD and was like WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS PLACE and ran the hell away. Far far away. Or something.

Are you DriacKin?

Robert Jarzebina

CHGMn5AW8AEjXnv.jpg

TODAY

6:30 PM what potato time this will be?

kain30

Cipher
my prediction: it will be as bad as fallout 3. i don´t think bethesda is so stupid as to make it worse, i hope. What i dislike the most about fallout 3 is the raping of the lore.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, at least it might be simpler to operate with mouse and keyboard.

I hope they make a decent interface for it, the Pipboy 3000 interface is pure ass.

P.S: There's something wrong when a modern game uses like dozens of screens to you the same information a old game with inferior resolutions used three screens and some toogles, max.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Going from Morrowind, to Oblivion, to Fallout 3, to Skyrim, it has overall gotten increasingly worse. Fallout 3 and Skyrim have some of the worst UI designs I have ever seen. Bethesda's UI guidelines are "It should look good, not necessarily work well". Whoever thought it was a good idea to have the Pip-Boy sway back and forth IMMERSIVELY while you're checking your inventory should be hanged.

Skyrim needed SkyUI to fix the UI, and even then the atrocious map and perk sections could not be saved. Fallout 4? They still have that goddamn Pip-Boy on the forearm, immersion over everything else. During the E3 presentation, there will probably fall bird crap onto the Pip-Boy display while Todd checks his inventory. The player character will then wipe the screen automatically, and fans watching will be all "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT GOTYYYYYYYYYYYYY". In the full game, bird shit can fall on the screen when you're outside, and the player can randomly sneeze onto the screen when inside. It will take 5 years after release until a modder finds a way to completely remove it from the game without breaking something.

My prediction is: Mouse lag, giant fonts, multiple unnecessary tabs to find all the information, the Pip-Boy is gonna shake as if the player character has multiple sclerosis, there will be random screen distortions and enviromental effects on your screen just because, and when you take damage the screen will visibly crack and make it harder to read. Bethesda are incompetent enough that none of this is farfetched.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Anyone noticed that vault-boy looks like Todd, it must've been destiny...... Todd is vault-boy !

CHGMn5AW8AEjXnv.jpg

howardheader.jpg

pippin

So, apart from the stuff we already know, how bad will it be? I refused to watch the stream for mental health reasons.

Lemming42

Arcane
The Pipboy games are probably more fun than the rest of the game.

In all seriousness it looks like it'll be interesting if nothing else, the voiced dialogue and dialogue wheel looks like shit though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom