Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
CHyyTVOUsAAY2BV.jpg

Jozoz

Prophet
2eabfabee68ce67799428c8c38716ad6.png

Because thinking for yourself about what you want to say and the possible outcomes of it is boring and takes away from Jetpack Power Armor action.

Love

Cipher
"You heard Codsworth say my name. That isn't for the demo. We actually have recorded around a thousand of the most popular names for him to say."
Todd Howard - The Art Of Hype, Chapter 1, Benign Overhead​

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
CfKO19.gif

I like the remodelling of the power armour that now is more in the lines of Fallout 1 - more bulkier and heavy, a kind of ergonomic tank that wraps the body.

darthaegis

Cipher
http://www.gamesradar.com/fallout-4-review/
The biggest surprise of all was that Fallout's incredible mod community will be getting a much bigger audience this time around. Todd Howard confirmed thatXbox One players will be able to download mods made for the PC version of the game first, with PS4 to follow suit later.

There's no word on exactly how this will be done - I'd guess at a pool of approved mods, but even without the truly outlandish stuff, that's a huge step towards keeping Fallout a going concern on console for years to come.
Console mod support?
:whatho:
inb4 paid mods.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
CfKO19.gif

I like the remodelling of the power armour that now is more in the lines of Fallout 1 - more bulkier and heavy, a kind of ergonomic tank that wraps the body.
I agree, but that broken .gif is a sad thing to see.

the gif is made by me and is not broken. it is slowed down and is divided in 3 separate sections

also it seems the power armour usage will be limited by the power core.
In Fallout 1 it is stated that the power core lasts 100 years but it seems it's not the case in fallout 4.

MqZYRp.gif

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
the gif is made by me and is not broken. it is slowed down and is divided in 3 separate sections

MqZYRp.gif
You're right, my bad. In my memory, the original footage of him entering the Power Armor was fluid and uncut, which is incorrect.

EDIT: Ah, there are actually two different versions of this. The cut down version seen in the first presentation, and the uncut version seen in the Microsoft Keynote Presentation.

also it seems the power armour usage will be limited by the power core.
In Fallout 1 it is stated that the power core lasts 100 years but it seems it's not the case in fallout 4.
So it's like in Mass Effect 2, where the infinite ammunition were discarded in favor of thermal clips, to make the shooting aspect better.

I'm very fine with this. The energy consumption will probably be a non-issue in vanilla, but with mods it could make Power Armor a highly powerful but highly costly-to-use equipment.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$60 is the standard AAA release price these days in America. Lots of sites offer preorder discounts, too. GMG almost always has a 20-30% off coupon code. And video games haven't tracked inflation that much. 25 years ago new releases were around $50 or so dollars which, adjusted, is almost certainly more than what they cost today.

pippin

60 bucks is a lot to ask for a game, but yeah, it's not like it's something you actually need to be able to live right now. Just pirate it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
60 bucks is a lot to ask for a game, but yeah, it's not like it's something you actually need to be able to live right now. Just pirate it.
Pirate Bard's Tale 4. Pay for Fallout 4. Need to reward good developers. Anyway, as I said, $60 is not a lot to ask. A lot of you wouldn't have been gamers 20+ years ago (of course, a lot of you weren't even born 20+ years ago) because games effectively cost more and there weren't very many convenient ways to pirate them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
When will people admit that Bard's Tale 4 isn't even a Bard's Tale game?

Yes, due to this recent infestation, key members of the Codex staff are currently considering the introduction of some kind of "Bethestard" tag. Anybody with Photoshop skills is free to contribute.
Infinitron This better have a picture of Todd on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom