Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by LESS T_T, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    Best part is that we've already seen the shootan in the gameplay video and it's exactly the same as FO3/FNV. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron Vatnik

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    So what are the chances that Obsidian will get granted another pass on the Fallout franchise in the light of New Vegas royalties fiasco?
    What was the role of Avellone in New Vegas and an eventual sequel will suffer from him not being in the team?

After the launch of New Vegas, Beth$ was displeased teh same as the creators of the South Park with Obsidian?

Everyone accused Obsidian for releasing another bugged game when New Vegas came out but few know that the Q.A. was also the responsibilityy of Beth$.

^ Top  
  3. Jools Eater of Apples Patron

Jools
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Fall out Duty 6: Water Chip Down.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  4. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    Plenty of open worlds pull off no level scaling just fine, by making certain areas visitable at any time, but tough enough that it'd be unadvisable to go there at a low level.

Hell, not even just RPGs do this, taking certain sidequests or visiting the southern part of the world map in Asscreed 4 before you've upgraded your ship to a certain point all but guaranteed you'd get utterly destroyed by man of wars or the toughest frigates.

Sorta sad that a pure action game does open world without everything piss easy or levelscaling better than most open world RPGs.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    Can someone explain me one thing?
    If supermutants were created by The Master in 2103, on the West Coast, and they started to come out only in 2131 after the great winter...why the hell are there supermutants in Boston?

^ Top  
  6. Aoyagi Scholar

Aoyagi
    I believe Bethesda claimed those yellow brutes from Foblivion are a Vault experiment

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_87_super_mutant

^ Top  
  7. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They migrate. Like coconuts swallows.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. darkpatriot Arcane

darkpatriot
    I didn't see this posted in this thread, although maybe I missed it. This article actually presents some new information about the game design that I haven't seen pointed out elsewhere in this thread. Time will tell how many of them are Todd Howard lies and how many are true.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/f...etails-fans-need-to-know-about-fallout-4.aspx

A few of the bits I found interesting:

Bethesda may have finally figured out how to do level scaling in a non-dumb way, the way that everyone else figured out how to do it a long time ago.

They are hyping the Radiant aspects again. Will they pull it off this time or will it be more exaggerations and things they couldn't fully implement because they couldn't get it working well?

There are working vertibirds, but still no working cars.

This is a big step in the right direction if they are actually doing things this way, although Todd Howard often tells lies of this nature. I would like to see if they will even incorporate the base building aspect into the narrative and quests. I'd imagine there are lots of situations where you should be treated differently, and have different options available for resolving quests, if you were in control of several different settlements across the wasteland instead of some random wanderer. It will probably be incorporated as well as joining factions has been in the TES games however. None of the game world reacts to the fact that you are a high ranking member (if not outright in charge of) multiple guilds and factions.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  9. Lemming42 Arcane

Lemming42
    I like the comment about fail states, that's new territory for Bethesda, especially if failing a quest has an actual lasting impact rather than the questgiver just getting mad or something.

Emotional engagement, uh oh.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. pippin Guest

pippin
    Constants and variables, doggie.

^ Top  
  11. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    In other words: haha, no.

^ Top  
  12. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [CONSPIRACY MODE ON]What if... Toddler told Feargus - "ok, u want to do new vegas 2, right? well, we can make new deal, but you must fire THE cunt who publicly chatted about the terms of our previous deal (metacritic bonus)! u must fire MCA". And Feargus - OK, I'll do it!

New Vegas 2 confirmed!!!

^ Top  
  13. Tadek Boruta Novice

Tadek Boruta
    Dis game gonna be cool yo!

Show Spoiler
    So much potential wasted. Its funny how everybody reacts with hype to role playing game when nothing substancial is being said about actual RPG elements. Yay a doggy! Yay we can build a house!

^ Top  
  14. Nas92 Savant

Nas92
    Well, why are you surprised? You just have to look at the Fallout subreddit - that's the crowd they're counting on to make them money. They have to hype them up first and foremost. They'd want to hide as much as possible about actual RPG elements so that the least amount of people decide to just pirate it because it's horribly broken. They have already lost a bunch of sales because of the voiced protagonist, people who would have otherwise bought it day one.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Utgard-Loki Arcane

Utgard-Loki
    he was the lead for dead money if i remember. he also wrote the best npcs in the game.

^ Top  
  16. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Thanks for stating the obvious.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Tadek Boruta Novice

Tadek Boruta
    Sorry o wise one. Going to be lurking from now on. Hope it makes you happy :0-13:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. AW8 Arcane

AW8
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    [​IMG]

First thing, newfag. You're new. And you look it. Here's 1 brofist. Go get yourself a decent avatar. Or location. Or a signature. And second thing... you need a cover identity. Around here, 'shitposter' is a common profession. Sign on with the Combatfag Guild, or Storyfag Guild, or Explorationfag Cult, or CnC legion, advance in the ranks, gain post count and KKK. Or go out on your own, look for quality threads, or Site Feedback drama. Then, when you're ready, come back, and I'll have GD access for you.

• Brofist Brofist x 40
    ^ Top  
  19. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron Vatnik

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

what NPCs were designed by him?

^ Top  
  20. Tadek Boruta Novice

Tadek Boruta
    Thanks for the guide. But I really don't give a fuck. Didn't join this forum to fit in or impress anyone with cool avatars and clever signatures. This is not dick waving competition is it ? This is forum - a place for exchanging views and opinions however obvious...

^ Top  
  21. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    Pretty sure you completely missed the Seyda Neen reference. You're a newfag, alright.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    This is brilliant beyond words.

Whooooooooooooooooosh. The great irony is you come out swinging at nuAge notRPGs like Fallout 4 but can't detect a well known Morrowind (arguably the last 'real' RPG Bethesda made) reference. This is called: being a poser.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  23. pippin Guest

pippin
    [Intelligence] So you're telling me I should fight the good fight by lurking moar?

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  24. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    :lol:

There should be some Four Musketeers/Voltron pieces chosen ITT, each getting a unique tag of those.

^ Top  
  25. Dreaad Arcane

Dreaad
    Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
    Your best bet to gain acceptance here is to argue that Fallout 4 is going to be awesome. Bros here love drama. The more crazy or autistic you seem the higher your popularity will rise. You might even get some tags.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.