Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like the 30FPS thing is bulshit:

Lemming42

Arcane
What the fuck Morrowind knowledge have to do with Fallout franchise ?

It's worth playing because not only is it a good game, but it also gives you a reference point for every future Bethesda game that followed it. If you played Morrowind, Oblivion, Fo3 and Skyrim right after each other you could probably actually track the dumbing down in real-time.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3a830j/i_met_todd_howard_again_today_talked_about_voice/
Hey guys I just remember that Todd Howard was also asked how they settled on choosing Boston as the setting for fallout 4. Todd responded saying that the entire Fallout team voted between several areas and they all mutually agreed on Boston. Also Emil, the lead writer, is from Boston so he commented saying that it was nice to try and recreate his hometown.
Emil, the lead writer

:0-13:

Nas92

Augur
I think Emil is willing to learn from his mistakes, though that doesn't change the fact that he is just not a good writer. Hines and Todd are the ones whose philsophy will probably ruin the game.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I don't think the retard who wrote skyrim and fallout 3 is capable of learning anything.

Last edited:

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Boston is a shithole, but at least it doesn't sound like they're forcing that Masshole accent down our throats with the VO work.

Aoyagi

Scholar
remember though that in previous fallout games most converations only had 4 options to say only with some certain npcs important to main storyline or main quests having more options.. so i think its pretty reasonable that talking to a robot companion might not have more than 4 options.
This is what the general consensus seems to be among the .... fans.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Question that should be asked isn't - Will Fallout 4 be good game? - but - How shitty it will be?
Why the fuck are you retards even wasting your time in this thread? Every one knows that Fallout 3 was shit and every one knows that each new Elder Scrolls was dumbed down from the last one since Daggerfall. So Fallout 4 will be shit. What more is there to talk about? Yet this thread already has more pages than most threads dedicated to good games/actual worthwhile discussion. This is the internet equivalent of enjoying the sound of your own voice. Or do you actually enjoy decline because that gives you a reason to be edgy and indignant?
Literally every one who contributes to this thread is mentally retarded in some way.

Now excuse me while I'll go to the GG thread to confirm that SJWs are loony for the umpteenth time.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Literally every one who contributes to this thread is mentally retarded in some way.
Well you just contributed to it.
No I didn't, shitposting isn't contributing. I said every one who spends their time talking about Fallout 4 is retarded, I didn't have anything to say about F4 myself (other than it's going to suck, which every one already knows). If this was an imageboard, I would've saged. I kingcomraded instead.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Well you just contributed to it.
No I didn't, shitposting isn't contributing. I said every one who spends their time talking about Fallout 4 is retarded, I didn't have anything to say about F4 myself (other than it's going to suck, which every one already knows). If this was an imageboard, I would've saged. I kingcomraded instead.
Keep telling yourself that. The first step is overcoming denial.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Boston is a shithole, but at least it doesn't sound like they're forcing that Masshole accent down our throats with the VO work.
If you think Boston is a shithole then you haven't lived in too many other places.

So many edgelords in this thread both newfag and oldfag.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think Emil is willing to learn from his mistakes, though that doesn't change the fact that he is just not a good writer. Hines and Todd are the ones whose philsophy will probably ruin the game.
I don't know, they all seem like partners in crime to me.

Lemming42

Arcane
Oh my God, I'd almost forgotten that fucking video. "I'M LIVING OUT MY DARKEST FANTASIES. Y'KNOW WHAT I MEAN? I CAN TALK TO AN OLD LADY OR AN OLD GUY. AND HAVE HIM BE A CHARACTER. AND I CAN. ...KILL AND YOU KNOW, REALLY FEEL LIKE I KILLED. A PERSON. THEN I CAN YOU KNOW. PICK UP HIS HEAD AND PUT IT ON A SHELF. AND I LOOK AT IT, AND IT'S LIKE 'I WAS TALKING TO THAT PERSON FIVE MINUTES AGO AND NOW I'M NOT'."

He's got a perfect grasp of Fallout's trademark dark humour.:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Gotta say not even in my darkest fantasies did I imagine decapitating someone and putting their head on a shelf.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
803096-emil_pagliarulo.jpg

t325Nzk.jpg

Wow, he went from Costello to Abbott. Maybe his writing skills improved as well...

:negative:

Love

Cipher
I don't know, they all seem like partners in crime to me.

:hmmm:

There is no Istvan Pely found in the NSOPW and he seems to be working on Fallout 4, so I'll assume no one has caught up to his strange tendencies but there is something defenetly wrong with this guy.
And what is the difference between the director and a lead designer/writer? Do they use that title to emphasize Howard has the last word?

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Did anyone else notice during Todd Howard's presentation in the weapon customization screen, the skill requirements to make a custom weapon never required a science skill greater than 2? Are the skill levels going to be streamlined to some level 0-5 shit?

Gord

Arcane
Are the skill levels going to be streamlined to some level 0-5 shit?
Considering how Bethesda liked using the 0-25-50-75-100 thresholds in previous games to unlock perks, difficulty barriers or special abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if they have exchanged the 0-100 (or 200 in the Fallouts) skills with a 0-5 perk system...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom