Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
This game looks like shit.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
A picture from the future

2884144-vlcsnap-0596-12-09-10h43m42s847_1434323507.jpg

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
honestly who cares if skills are distributed 1-5 or 1-100? The important thing is that at level 10 every character should be good at everything!

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
QTgS7KP.png

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/613008088824741888

30 FPS in 2015.

Are the consoles that weak, is Bethesda really terrible at optimizing, or is the game just that awesome and demanding that current technology can't keep up!?
I'm actually surprised they can push a full 1080p on the consoles.
At the very least they're going to have to lower the settings on the lighting engine significantly, to the point where shadows are either blurry or turned off.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I remember when they hyped how much memory the new consoles had. Guess it serves no purpose.

Aoyagi

Scholar
A word of warning, if some of you are active on Bethesda's forums, don't say that Fallouts (including Foblivion) before 4 had quite often more than 4 dialogue options, it will get you muted.

It's amazing how many people keep claiming that Fallout has universally never had more than 4 dialogue options.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The console apologists are out in full force already. When it's PS4 vs. XBone, FPS and resolution and the most important thing and they'll fight to the death over a measly 2FPS difference. When it's consoles vs. PC, suddenly none of that matters and it's all about the gameplay. Funny how that works.

pippin

The best way to troll Bethestards is to bring up the fact that the design document leaks are slowly being proven as truth. For some reason they really don't want to accept this is the kind of game we're dealing with.

They also seem to be in full denial mode. For them story and gameplay seem to be the most important thing in the world, but for some reason FO1+2 don't matter because they look ugly and play like shit. Oh well. It's better to laugh at the cringe though.

30 FPS in 2015.

Are the consoles that weak, is Bethesda really terrible at optimizing, or is the game just that awesome and demanding that current technology can't keep up!?
Their game engine is older then their target audience. 30 FPS at 1080p on consoles is already pushing it. And they're claiming to make mods available there, too - wonder how that will end. :lol:
If I was a Beth coder, I'd probably have this look permanently frozen on my face during work hours by this point: :nocountryforshitposters:

Nas92

Augur
A word of warning, if some of you are active on Bethesda's forums, don't say that Fallouts (including Foblivion) before 4 had quite often more than 4 dialogue options, it will get you muted.

It's amazing how many people keep claiming that Fallout has universally never had more than 4 dialogue options.
Normally the Bethesda Fallout forums are actually pretty good, they point out flaws of Fallout 3 that not even people on the Codex noticed. Now it's been basically taken over by Bethestards who actually say how brilliant the android twist would be and even say that "aliens canon since Fallout 1 derp they deserve to be the main quest derp"

Anyhow, thanks for the warning.

Aoyagi

Scholar
They also seem to be in full denial mode. For them story and gameplay seem to be the most important thing in the world, but for some reason FO1+2 don't matter because they look ugly and play like shit. Oh well. It's better to laugh at the cringe though.

Actually they keep praising the graphics, the exploration/environment, the new dialogue system, the new combat, weapon/armour modification....

You know, anything but writing.

And almost every critique is shot down by "It is new and different,therefore you do not like it" and "You're blinded by nostalgia".

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-23-fallout-4-lead-male-and-female-voice-actors-revealed

The actors who will voice the male and female protagonists of Fallout 4 have been revealed.

Voicing the female protagonist is Courtenay Taylor, who voiced Jack in the Mass Effect series. She was Juhani Knights of the Old Republic, another of BioWare's games. Taylor also appeared in Fallout: New Vegas as multiple characters: Gloria Van Graff, Janet and Jas Wilkins, according to IMDB.

Voicing the male protagonist will be Brian T. Delaney, who isn't as prolific but has leant his voice to many games, including the upcoming Halo 5: Guardians (as Roland).

Fallout 4 lead designer and writer, Emil Pagliarulo

Okay, same dude as F3 then.

All bears are toys.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

Normally the Bethesda Fallout forums are actually pretty good, they point out flaws of Fallout 3 that not even people on the Codex noticed. Now it's been basically taken over by Bethestards who actually say how brilliant the android twist would be and even say that "aliens canon since Fallout 1 derp they deserve to be the main quest derp"

Anyhow, thanks for the warning.

What flaws? I'm interested. I mean Codex shat on the game pretty heavilly.

Nas92

Augur
It mostly has to do with writing, not gameplay.
One that comes to mind is that apparently Project Puritiy is useless solely because of the fact that the water it supposedly purifies is brackish water, that is, undrinkable regardless of radiation. I don't remember reading that on the Codex or NMA, but if it's true that the Potomac is brackish (Wikipedia says it is), then this is a huge oversight, bigger than any other plothole.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
One that comes to mind is that apparently Project Puritiy is useless solely because of the fact that the water it supposedly purifies is brackish water, that is, undrinkable regardless of radiation. I don't remember reading that on the Codex or NMA, but if it's true that the Potomac is brackish (Wikipedia says it is), then this is a huge oversight, bigger than any other plothole.
Isn't Project Purity at the Jefferson Memorial? It's upriver enough to be fresh water at that point.

http://md.water.usgs.gov/publications/ofr-91-157/ofr-91-157.html

The Potomac River begins as a small spring in West Virginia and flows 383 miles to discharge into Chesapeake Bay at Point Lookout, Md. The river becomes tidal where it crosses the Fall Line into the Coastal Plain province just upstream from Washington, D. C. Farther downstream near Indian Head, Md., the river is brackish and its salinity gradually increases until it flows into the Chesapeake Bay. The Potomac River basin study will focus on the freshwater part of the river upstream from Indian Head, Md.

In other words, you are totally fine ignoring Bethesda posters forever.

Aoyagi

Scholar

Oh, but there wasn't just that wrong with the whole purification idea. http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27089

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom