Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 questions for those who have played it

circ

Arcane
Not that I'm likely to play or buy it any time soon if ever, but indulge me if you would.

Can you dual wield?

Is there weather? Rain, snow, etc.

Hunger/thirst system, like in NV?

Just HOW retarded are the companions and their AI?

How many companions can you babysit at a time?

Is there a degree of randomness to the customization system? Or will every weapon/building you make always be the same given the same components?

Are there diagonal walking/running animations - which Bethesda games until Skyrim lacked.

Can you go prone?

Any recycled assets - like kids in Skyrim imported from Fallout 3.

Has your savegame been corrupted yet?

edit: oh yeah. Does it still have body parts? IE, you hurt your feet and you limp etc.

Last edited:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Who cares. Game is shit and the people who bought it deserved to be in that Paris concert hall.

Lemming42

Arcane
No

Yes

No

Pretty retarded, they're all fairly useless

Don't know, dismissed them all because they were all irritating

Not sure what you mean, all weapon mods are the same and just require materials

Yes

No

Plenty of recycled animations from Skyrim

No, played for about 19 hours to finish the game and it didn't get corrupted

Still has damage for legs, arms, torso and head

rado907

Savant
You can tear off an enemy's leg and weapon arm. Then he just sits there and looks at you.

pippin

Has anybody tried those Intimidation perks, where the enemies would stop fighting you and even receive commands from you?

Lemming42

Arcane
Has anybody tried those Intimidation perks, where the enemies would stop fighting you and even receive commands from you?

Yep, they're mind-bogglingly retarded. You aim at people and press E and your character says something invariably stupid ("HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" "JUST CHILL OUT ASSHOLE", "GOOD DOGGY" etc) and there's a roll - don't know what affects the roll - to see if you pacify them or not. If you do, they stand still and put their hands up. You don't get any XP for this at all.

Walking through doors into new areas will result in pacified people suddenly and inexplicably un-pacifying and chasing you to murder you. If you took their guns away, they'll try to punch you to death. Many times the game makes killing mandatory, in these cases if you pacify the enemies the game will wait until you execute them anyway before allowing you to continue.

The only way to disarm surrendered enemies is to pickpocket them for their guns. If they catch you doing this, they'll immediately turn hostile. Additionally, Piper, the worst companion ever, gets mad at you for the vile act of pickpocketing, though of course she has no objection to you murdering them.

Don't know how the commands part works, I never got to a high enough level to get that rank of the perk before finishing and giving up on the game.

pippin

I knew it was going to be broken. Not having an xp reward is good, at least under Beth's logic, since they really want you to fight things. That's there for the people who really believe different builds are possible in this game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
oh yeah. Does it still have body parts? IE, you hurt your feet and you limp etc.

Actualy they improved this, because now even armor have different parts, for your feet, legs ,arms

circ

Arcane
Well it's more like they went back to Oblivion/Morrowind. Which is surprising. Also surprising they didn't include dual wield. And before someone says mods will fix it - right, I don't recall dual wield in FO3 or NV and modded dual wield in Oblivion is wonky as fuck. It supposedly has better shooting mechanics, and yet it can't reproduce prone mode which has been in 3D games for about 20 years soon.

As for the randomness question. I was wondering if building two weapons with the same parts will equal the exact same stats or if there's a chance of changing avg damage or something else. But I guess not.

I just don't get what they've been doing for 7 years. BioShock Infinite had half the development time, and though it didn't have stuff like base building, it didn't have a mod that already did it either.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No
Yes
Yes
Don't know. I am playing a bad ass loner like RL
At least 1 dog or robot - the dog whined to much so I had to put it down
Same in, same out
I got diagonal with some dead Raider's bitch if you know wut I mean huh huh
Who needs prone? I shoot from the hip
recycling is for old people , but I can do it if i feel like it, which I SO DON"T
What savegame? I am hardcore old school 1 life mother fucker. Just like I play dark souls
yeah, i hurt my foot when I curb stomped your mom at Walmart when she was buying extra tissues for your leaking ass

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The companion AI is fiddly. They have this awful habit so far of either wandering away from you or staying where they are and refusing to move. I've had Preston in my party for a while now and he's useless a majority of the time because he just won't get in to combat because he's wandered away from me to stair at a chair instead of immediately coming to help me because a group of ghouls are trying to tear my face off. When he is around he's still useless because he's only got a single shot laser musket and he's an awful shot.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Any kind of decent C&C in the quests so far? Most of what I saw was fetch quests/kill 10 rats type of crap, but even Fallout 3 had some choices to make.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
companion AI is extremely bad and the only one who's remotely useful is the dog

Dog's AI is pretty good, as in he behaves like a dog, which are pretty stupid animals (nofi). So, stumbling into stuff when youre sneaking, whining, barking etc. I still keep him around for now, he can pin enemies down, has a good throat rip kill animation and doesnt give a shit whatever you do, so no annoying comments.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Not that I'm likely to play or buy it any time soon if ever, but indulge me if you would.

Can you dual wield?

Nope

Is there weather? Rain, snow, etc.

Rain and green weird stuff

Hunger/thirst system, like in NV?

Nope

Just HOW retarded are the companions and their AI?

Star wars Storm stopper syndrome

How many companions can you babysit at a time?

One I think

Is there a degree of randomness to the customization system? Or will every weapon/building you make always be the same given the same components?

¿¿¿???

Are there diagonal walking/running animations - which Bethesda games until Skyrim lacked.

Yes they are

Can you go prone?

See that mountain? You can climb it.

Any recycled assets - like kids in Skyrim imported from Fallout 3.

Not sure but I think they are. Is Bethesda.

Has your savegame been corrupted yet?

Not yet.

edit: oh yeah. Does it still have body parts? IE, you hurt your feet and you limp etc.

Yes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom