Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/games/fallout-4

Man, FO4 is out, and legacy of the void is released now also, AoD, WL2: EE, D:OS EE, SW: Battlefront in 1 week (And I was about to start a fresh run of F:NV, too)... So many vidyas coming out, ain't got no time to play em all, yo!

What's next? Fucking underrail being released in 2 weeks, too???!

Video game market what are you doing? Stahp

:shredder:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7219

They basically stripped all cRPG mechanics from the game, so there is not much Obsidian could do.... :M

Obsidian could make the Attributes affect dialogue and shake up the Perks to include non violent options. And we know they can make a good story, characters and factions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the game just officially released. Or has it been this way for a while?

rado907

Savant
It's just the November AAA titles release flood.
I remember back in 2011 they released L.A. Noire and Skyrim on the same day.
That was a good weekend.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Fallout 4 opened its flood gates on steam few minutes ago and according to steam stats is already on 5th place.

Frozen

Arcane
Iv played about 2h and its like sleeping pills
The story is so simple and stupid if you could even call it a story and its full of team America bullshit
VA is bad even for Bethesda standards so you could have some laughs out of it in a its so bad that its funny sort of way.
Map looks tinny, everything looks like crap and game overall looks cheap.
Im trying to play it as a shooter to have at least something out of it but the shooting is same old crap like FO3.

Don't get it for who is this for. You can find better games for all elements present. And if you like "TES vibe" (sick) play FO3 with headcanon.
Its "better" game-no terrible VA and has stats.
Other than that there is no difference.
I mean there is a guy who is doing a "story" LP of FO3 with exact same story as FO4. And he started it like before 4 months or more. Don't know who ripoff who.

Its a boring shooter, its a terrible story, its an ugly looking small open world.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The only games befoer Fallout are DOTA and CS:GO right now on steam. At this pace Fallout will dethrone DOTA in a few hours. Not even GTA V made this.

Deleted member 7219

I think the game just officially released. Or has it been this way for a while?

Depends where you are in the world. If you're actually from Israel you have access to it now due to it being the 10th where you are (not sure if you're from Israel, just a guess).

Australia have had it for hours. Mainland Europe just got it, UK have to wait another half hour. I VPNed my way into Amsterdam because I want to unlock the bastard and make sure it works before I go to bed.

I like how terrible the performance is. It is truly a next generation Bethesda game.
It is very playable on my laptop unlike Witcher 3. A very good engine in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of Rage and in a very good way.

Trimis de pe al meu Galaxy Nexus folosind Tapatalk

They basically stripped all cRPG mechanics from the game, so there is not much Obsidian could do.... :M

Well if the game uses an old engine, there are somewhere burred in it all F3/NV systems. Also there can be a workaround of introducing skill system by making few hundreds of those perks and making the previous one reacquired to take the next. At least it would force thresholds mechanic :M

A very good engine in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of Rage and in a very good way.

Oh it reminds me of Rage too, but I think we're remembering that game very differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I91AG2BhcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucyThfj6pAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Zc8ZrSvq4

It did this on some Nvidia cards at launch too, but if you had AMD it was apocalyptic. It also had a somewhat colorful wasteland filled with weird creatures and stuff to tinker with, but was ultimately kind of shallow. I think there was even less of a reason for you to care about the main quest or villain.

darthaegis

Cipher
86% positive reviews on Steam. And a lot of them aren't "TODD YOU SUCK FIX YOUR GAME SO I CAN SUCK YOUR COCK"

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Some of the voice acting truly is completely awful, just going by the videos that have been posted recently in this big gay thread.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
here are some screenshots from PC in "ultra" quality
8LK7q0D.jpg

Jthp8xi.jpg
can't stop loling, especially the last one

looks like something from 2004

heres the rest of the gallery https://imgur.com/a/imDLG

Fan backlash is fun, but meaningless. And hypocritical and all too late. Oblivion was the already the nadir of Bethestard tardness (and one of the worst WRPGs in history), and its glowing reviews were worthy of the same reaction seen in the Gamespot comments. I can't lie, I did enjoy some Skyrim, but the emperor has no clothes and I've been saying this since that fateful year 2006 when reviews were calling Oblivion "revolutionary" for doing less than Morrowind and bringing nothing new to the table. Then again when the paper thin Fallout 3 came out. These guys are making RPGs that would have been called simplistic and poorly scribed the day after Wizardry Ultima 5 came out.

From what I see, and comparing to FO3: this game looks like it could have been released just as well in 2008, with the same successs.

In effect, everyone is praising a 2008 game being re-released in 2015 with barely any changes. Herd psychology.

Faggots said:
I have to at least play it so that I can base my criticisms on actual experience. Yeah, that's it, h-heh heh.
Codex RPG of the Year 2015, folks.
Except no faggot has this excuse for FO4. It's the same game as the last one. You don't even need to play it to criticize it, if you've played the previous one.

That's really funny. First they pay for the 10/10 reviews, then they jerk off to them, as if they actually deserve the scores.

Why would you do a LP with mods, then the base game is a hilarious disaster on its own?
Absolutely! No mods allowed :lol:

Last edited:

pippin

Are there any new VAs this time around, other than the two main characters?

Sykar

Arcane
Except no faggot has this excuse for FO4. It's the same game as the last one. You don't even need to play it to criticize it, if you've played the previous one.

I tried to tell these Bethfags exactly this when they tried to critize me for not having played this. Right if I have not played Fifa 2013 then I do not how Fifa 2015 will play, Bethtard. Wonder how these morons do not understand such a simple conclusion.

It's actually hilarious how Fallout went from being a niche RPG to a CoD-level dudebro franchise. Some of the streams up on Twitch at the moment are just...

:happytrollboy:

Well played, Bethesda. You truly know your audience.

Jozoz

Prophet
The leader of the minutemen has the worst voice acting I have ever seen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom