Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
Hard disagree. They're at the bottom tier. F4 in particular has abysmal writing overall.

Go play through The Outer Worlds and get back to me.
I have played through TOW. Its writing is better despite being way too silly and ill-conceived. For the most part, at least it's inoffensive, unlike the F4 utter stupidity (I'm not even implying franchize related stuff here). Kinds of shit though, not worth debating tbh.
FO4's writing is just mediocre. TOW's writing is actively insulting; it drains your love for anything videogame related. By the time I finished TOW I wanted to throw myself off a bridge. FO4 just made me go 'well that was a bit shit'.

Also FO4 has Far Harbour which is quite a bit better than the rest of the game, whereas TOW's DLCs are somehow even worse than the main game.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Since I am only playing FFXIV with a friend that leaves me more time to play Fallout 4 again. I'm excited to get another playthrough in. I think i'll make some melee psychopath who makes robot companions that specialize in melee too.

:bounce:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Gotta say this melee with robot melee companion has been a blast so far. Tell me about some builds you have enjoyed.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Tell me about some builds you have enjoyed.

It sounds stupid, but a no perks character is surprisingly fun. You have to adjust tactics for various enemies & situations, rather than just use the same old stuff that's dictated by your damage perks, things you'd normally overlook like doctors or non-weapon vendors are actually useful and settlement building, which normally has no downside, becomes a balancing act of building what you need while trying to minimize xp gain.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

It sounds stupid, but a no perks character is surprisingly fun. You have to adjust tactics for various enemies & situations, rather than just use the same old stuff that's dictated by your damage perks, things you'd normally overlook like doctors or non-weapon vendors are actually useful and settlement building, which normally has no downside, becomes a balancing act of building what you need while trying to minimize xp gain.
That sounds awesome. I am going to do that on my next playthrough.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I knew this dude was a Bethfaggot.
Bigg Boss laughed to himself while updating his txt.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hard disagree. They're at the bottom tier. F4 in particular has abysmal writing overall.

Go play through The Outer Worlds and get back to me.
I have played through TOW. Its writing is better despite being way too silly and ill-conceived. For the most part, at least it's inoffensive, unlike the F4 utter stupidity (I'm not even implying franchize related stuff here). Kinds of shit though, not worth debating tbh.
am I being trolled?

ADL

Prophet
FALLOUT 4 IS GOING NEXT-GEN

Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay and even bonus Creation Club content!
I can't wait for Bethesda to break mods again.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't even like to recall that Fallout 4 exists. Soiling my username by tagging it in this thread with the expectation that I'll consume Bethesda franchise rape material is probably the best way to get on my bad side.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I will never understand Rusty. He plays good games but then he plays bad games. He must be a human bean of some kind I know it.

Gargaune

Magister
FALLOUT 4 IS GOING NEXT-GEN

Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay and even bonus Creation Club content!
I can't wait for Bethesda to break mods again.
For fuck's sake, Todd! :argh:

__scribbles__

Educated
A V.A.T.S. only challenge on survival without taking Grim Reaper's Sprint was actually a decently fun experience, as it's both more difficult than normal gameplay AND you avoid having to deal with any of Bethesda's shooting mechanics! Overall a pretty fun experience that also adds a bit of strategy to the game, which is always welcome.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't even like to recall that Fallout 4 exists. Soiling my username by tagging it in this thread with the expectation that I'll consume Bethesda franchise rape material is probably the best way to get on my bad side.
So what would you say your favorite FO4 quest is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom