Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 5 - unofficially announced but you'll have to wait

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's official.

Todd Howard has confirmed to IGN that Fallout 5 will be Bethesda Game Studios' next game after The Elder Scrolls 6, which itself will follow on from 2023's Starfield.

Speaking to IGN about last weekend's Starfield gameplay reveal at the Xbox-Bethesda showcase, Howard briefly delved into what's next for his studio once the new IP is out of the door:

"Yes, Elder Scrolls 6 is in pre-production and, you know, we’re going to be doing Fallout 5 after that, so our slate’s pretty full going forward for a while. We have some other projects that we look at from time to time as well."

Howard has told IGN previously that the studio has an idea for Fallout 5 in place, saying, "Fallout's really part of our DNA here. We've worked with other [developers] from time to time – I can't say say what's gonna happen. You know, we have a one-pager on Fallout 5, what we want to do." However, Howard hadn't confirmed that it would definitely be on the way after The Elder Scrolls 6.

Of course, at Bethesda's current pace of production, it will still likely be many years before we see what Fallout 5 actually is. In today's interview, Howard confirmed that work started on Starfield in late 2015, meaning it will be over 7 years from start to finish when the game arrives. The last mainline Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim, arrived in 2011, and with the sequel still in pre-production, we likely have years to go before we see that one too. We learned previously that The Elder Scrolls 6 was pushed back because the team wanted to make Starfield first.

Howard acknowledged the long waits for his fan-favorite games, implying he's as frustrated as those waiting to play them: "They do take a while, I wish they came out faster, I really do, we’re trying as hard as we can, but we want them to be as best as they can be for everybody."

Fallout 4 was released in 2015, followed by a less beloved multiplayer spin-off, Fallout 76. Starfield is finally feeling close after many years in development, and the first gameplay reveal showed off combat, introduced customization, and even hinted at a visit to Earth and our Solar System.

The Edler Scrolls 6 was announced in 2018, but we know very little about it despite some hints in the original teaser. What we can guess is that it will be an Xbox exclusive, after comments from Head of Xbox Phil Spencer.

Please post all Fallout 5 related discussion in this topic.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm surprised they still haven't announced Fallout 1-2 gamebryo remakes. Would be a no-brainer, since 90% of nufallout fans didn't play Fo 1-2, but most likely heard of them being great.

Todd is probably the only reason Bethesda aren't doing any cashgrab remakes.

Joyvankek

Learned
Maybe by some miracle Fallout 5 won't be a complete garbage. Now that Micro$hit owns them.
Though I wouldn't be keeping my hopes up.
I'm surprised they still haven't announced Fallout 1-2 gamebryo remakes. Would be a no-brainer, since 90% of nufallout fans didn't play Fo 1-2, but most likely heard of them being great.
Good God, I hope I won't see such iconic games with such a dark atmosphere and topics. Getting neutered and dumbed down for NuGaymers.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Maybe by some miracle Fallout 5 won't be a complete garbage. Now that Micro$hit owns them.
Though I wouldn't be keeping my hopes up.

Good God, I hope I won't see such iconic games with such a dark atmosphere and topics. Getting neutered and dumbed down for NuGaymers.

Imagine if Bethshit decides to "remaster/remake" both of them and then removing both original games from sale upon release.

Codex Year of the Donut
Bethesda hasn't even done remasters/remakes of FO3/Oblivion/Morrowind/FNV yet and that's something that would only require porting the games to the newest version of their engine. It wouldn't be a small task, but the upgrade path is obvious and all the mechanics needed are already there.

Those are the most obvious "cash grabs", not FO1/FO2 remakes. Classic Fallout remakes are Square-remaking-FF7 levels of desperation. Break glass in case of financial emergency-tier.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
What we actually do know now is that it's going to be called Fallout 5, and not being made by Obsidian.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Bethesda lead Writer made Far Harbor Main Quest, there's still hope it will be decent. At least it sure will be better than The Outer Worlds 2.

Robotigan

Learned
Fallout 5 is going to take place in New York City which an insufferable part of the fanbase will pretend isn't totally worth the lore discontinuity.
statue-of-liberty-GettyImages-539667859.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

How GOOD did Todd Howard look?

Notice the leather jacket matching the shoes? Drip.

BruceVC

Magister
It's official.

Please post all Fallout 5 related discussion in this topic.
What great news. Bethesda is coming out with some exciting games like Starfield and the most anticipated game of all ES6

I will be following all FO5 updates closely but my focus is going to be primarily on ES6 developments

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Small reminder that they announced Oblivion before Daggerfall was out.
I might as well make a thread for Elder Scrolls 7

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, another title to add to my already huge backlog of fictional games. Who knows if I'll be able to finish imagining them all before they announce the next one.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Only thing remotely interesting about it, are the new ways in which Bethesda will fuck up the franchise, beyond what they already did.

it will be the same as always

half finished algorithmic mess that barely runs + toolset to fix the game yourself

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom