Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 5 - unofficially announced but you'll have to wait

wishbonetail

Learned
What I think would have been fun is to play as a vault dweller, like in that mod, New California or Project Brazil, just less amateurish. So far none of the Fallout games offer the real life in a vault experience. To accept your role as regular maintenance worker with schedule, to live under oppressive rulership, to uncover the secret of vault's experimental program. But my guess Todd is not the one who can pull it off.

jackofshadows

Magister
I just don't see it at all (vault dweller simulator). What would be an actual gameplay aside from walking/talking?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
What I think would have been fun is to play as a vault dweller, like in that mod, New California or Project Brazil, just less amateurish. So far none of the Fallout games offer the real life in a vault experience. To accept your role as regular maintenance worker with schedule, to live under oppressive rulership, to uncover the secret of vault's experimental program. But my guess Todd is not the one who can pull it off.
fix the washing machine and save the world!

Devastator

Learned
I have a feeling Fallout 5 will be mostly a trojan horse for the next iteration of Fallout 76 (included as Fallout 5 multiplayer). They probably did 76 in between just so that they can figure out how to maximize their profits with the online part. They have the story part all figured out anyway (just make some generic and bland shit up and cut it up into DLCs).

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I want to start a modding group to remake Fallout 4 in the Fallout 5 engine. Who's free those next 20 years?

SumDrunkGuy

Maybe by some miracle Fallout 5 won't be a complete garbage. Now that Micro$hit owns them.

Ah yes, the same Microsoft who are now spying on their customers and recording their private conversations so they can ban them.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I want to start a modding group to remake Fallout 4 in the Fallout 5 engine. Who's free those next 20 years?
Imagine if all these modders that have been trying (and failing) to fix bethshit games since morrowind all the way to fo4 invested their time into:
  • Modding an actually good game; or
  • Making a new game.
Imagine.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Imagine if all these modders that have been trying (and failing) to fix bethshit games since morrowind all the way to fo4 invested their time into:
  • Modding an actually good game; or
  • Making a new game.
Imagine.
Then we'd get shit like Fallout: The Frontier

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Fallout 5 might be a better than 4 since starfield has more improved rpg mechanics, but i wouldn't get my hopes up.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
FALLOUT 5 TEASER TRAILER

THE INK SPOTS - ADDRESS UNKNOWN starts playing.

The image zooms out of a BILLBOARD showing a MR. HANDY ADVERTISEMENT to reveal the rugged remains of TALL BUILDINGS, all sporting BILLBOARDS. We're in TIMES SQUARE.
Below, off-screen, we can hear the SOUNDS of TRAFFIC and the casual MURMUR of PEOPLE. The view travels between BROKEN SKYSCRAPERS as we keep hearing the sounds of the living city below.
Suddenly, a BLARING SIREN starts. Against the silhouette of skyscrapers, we see a BRIGHT FLASH. The screen is enveloped in white.

ADDRESS UNKNOWN cuts out. INON ZUR'S FALLOUT 5 THEME starts playing.

The image fades in to show us the GREEN COPPER BODY of a GIANT STATUE. The view pans upwards, revealing more and more of the statue, until we see that the STATUE OF LIBERTY has been reshaped into a smiling VAULT BOY.
The torch has been discarded in favor of a hand giving the THUMBS UP SIGN against the backdrop of the ruined city.

Ron Perlman: War. War never changes.

The trailer ends.

===

The plot of the game starts when the Enclave raids Vault 1111, injects you with a bomb and gives you the mission to track down your sister, who left the Vault earlier.
It is later revealed that your sister is the President of the Enclave, and you must fight through the gangs to help her Escape from New York, because Todd watched that movie during pre-production.

Codex Year of the Donut
The plot of Fallout 5 will be the story of a small group of survivors who live in Vault 111, which is located in Florida. The game will take place one hundred years after the bombs fell and will continue the saga of Bethesda's famous post-apocalyptic series with the release of a new installment.

Fallout has always been about survival, so it's no wonder that this time it will focus on the story of a family. It will tell the tale of how they were trapped in the bunker and escaped from a radioactive wasteland to find their own home. The plot will have its ups and downs, as it's going to consist not only of adventure but also of romance and drama.

The main character is a young boy named Jack, who will be the son of a scientist and a former teacher. His father was ordered by the government to construct a vault as an emergency shelter for the future inhabitants of America. He did his best to make sure that everything would work out well, but when he returned to the surface, it turned out that something had gone wrong. The vault was sealed off and no one knew what happened inside. The kid will have to find out what happened in order to save his parents.

Bethesda will probably keep many details about the upcoming game secret until its official announcement. However, fans are already speculating about the plot, especially because the studio will be working together with Todd Howard, the head writer of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom