Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by frajaq, May 29, 2018.

1. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    You have always been a Bethesdafag that literally wants to suck Todd Howards cock. Just like your other buddies sitting here talking shit because they have to scramble to save face. All of you are DECLINE. You call me autistic? I'm psychotic. Get your fucking insults right. All of you saying this latest update is showing that they are improving are missing the point. It's too late. They ruined too much. You are pathetic to go back to this evil fucking company, so I simply must despise everything you say in regards to Bethesda.

If you think once a company changes it's ways (lol) that it is ok to go back and shovel their shit into your mouth....well you are a dumbass and I don't like you. So all of you Bethesdafags in this thread. Either put me on ignore or listen to me talk shit occasionally when you swallow more of Todd Howard's cum. Because you are the problem. Don't claim to be one of us. Really.

You are the fucking problem.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Alexander DeLarge Liturgist

Alexander DeLarge
    Calm down schizo

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    sinks down lower in chair to not be singled out.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Oh, did you finally ragequit that other game I won't name because nobody should actually play that, then, just like I predicted?

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Aren't you that one fag that came by NMA to tell us how great Fallout 3 was or is that some other moron?

^ Top  
  6. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    The parts I enjoyed barely got any attention at all from the devs and seemed like they were on their last legs.

^ Top  
  7. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    quest recognized that I did a side quest to become a member of the military :M
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :obviously:

The conversation is with a pre-war robot
    this quest has a lot of ways to solve it, did you get to it yet Bliblablubb ? Multiple ways for both the 'right' solution and the not-so-right ones.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    I thought the disappointment is enough from seeing the Steam's rating going up to >70%, but the fact there are Codexers warming up to the possibility of Bethshitda iMpR0v1n5 is just.... made me can't even.

• Agree x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Mark.L.Joy Prophet

Mark.L.Joy
    I thought these games were only popular because of modding but apparently people really like to play them.

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    It's better than anything obsidian has shat out since new vegas.
    I'm pretty much entirely out of games to play so I'm just playing whatever. This happened to be better than I expected.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    rpgcodex review when

• Funny Funny x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    I don't really care about Obsidian, and I don't really care that you're playing or, God forbid, enjoying this filth.

The fact that you're accepting this mediocrity is what boggles my mind. Instead of playing whatever, why not try Colony Ship combat demo instead? Would be better for your brain, that's for sure.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • cuck cuck x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. ZeniBot Cipher

ZeniBot
    you know for someone that's bragging about the game being "so good" your spending an awful amount of time outside of the game
    edit. I just read your posts from the TORtanic thread. Holyfuck you're a massive cuck. Actually endorsing giving money to EA are you insane. After what they did to Bioware, Origin, Westwood and Bullfrog. what the fuck is wrong with you.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. superluccix Novice

superluccix
    Wastelanders has been pretty great so far. More enjoyable than Outer Worlds for sure. Glad to see the Steam Reviews picking up. Shame it wasnt like this at the very beginning though.

Though I will admit, kinda interesting from a narrative perspective to have all the other NPCs being people who arrived after you. Dont think Ive ever played I game where I was the first inhabitant to a game world. Still wouldnt recommend it though for future references, but an interesting thought experiment nonetheless

superluccix rolled 6-sided di(c)e: edit Total: 5
    • decline decline x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    It works better if you start a new char. Aside from a fangirl reaction in the settlers camp, nobody actually treats you like the bigass hero you are. You are still everyone's errantboy and "have to prove yourself" Filthy freeloaders.
    No respect. :argh:
    For, you know, nuking the BatQueen at least 7 times. Per weekend. Also Whitesprings. And Morgantown maybe. Because flux. Baby LMG eats a lot of ammo mkay?

Yeah that one is pretty good, you can sneak, lockpick, hack, even jump up a hole if you have the masurpial mutation.

Gets funnier during a settlers quest, when you get a line for every fucking thing you achieved during a quest so far. No spoilaz. The NPC is less than impressed, in a "Big deal. You, us and every other idiot pouring out of vault 76" way.
    Some speech checks even save you a FedEx quest btw. :incline:

Also it seems the only mutual exclusive thing between raiders and settlers victims is who you roll with for the final heist mission. You can play both chains until the point where the game warns you. And even that is only for flavor, since the reward is just a rep boosht, giving you access to the good stuff. Gaining rep up otherwise is a grindy long time goal. So... lets say: if you like yuge weapons and ammo, go raiders. #BestDeal

Aaaand turns out the male romancable NPC is actually better. At least "his" quest locations are all new/rebuilt. I kinda sorta expected that, since he is the pipboy animation for both, and comes "early" in the game, while the womyn feels like they tacked her on later.

• incline incline x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Even 2014 posters are succumbing to this shit. Lock your doors men. Trust no one.

• Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    The amount of butthurt this is generating is going to keep me playing and posting updates for a while.

• incline incline x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Wyatt_Derp Cipher

Wyatt_Derp
    And that's the bottom line, 'cause the Codex says so.

^ Top  
  20. Alexander DeLarge Liturgist

Alexander DeLarge
    I don't even like Fallout 3/4 or Oblivion/Skyrim for that matter you dumb retard. Morrowind was an acceptable downgrade from Daggerfall but that's to the extent I'll praise any of Todd's games. Notice how I'm praising the game Todd had the least to do with? The one that didn't even pretend to be an RPG? What exactly is it that boggles your mind about praising the single Bethesda game that didn't pretend to be an RPG under the premise that it didn't disappoint me? If they had given me the same courtesy with Fallout 3 or Fallout 4, I wouldn't have had a sliver of hope of the game being decent.

There's nothing else like them with the exception of Kingdom Come Deliverance. The fact that Bethesda's mediocrity is accepted speaks volumes about how deprived the genre is of immersive sim RPGs.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Onionguy Educated

Onionguy

I will solve that one mystery for free this time: Here's why he thinks you are a fag, what you do with that knowledge is entirely up to you:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/why-do-people-hate-oblivion-so-much.122755/

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    HAHAHA! What are the odds? Both with a close registration date. Well good sir if you are not a Bethesda fan then I recant my vendetta against you. You can just assume everything I said was directed at that faggot with the really hard to spell name. I assumed he changed it.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. The Jester Cipher

The Jester
    Goddammit i opened codex to see people pissing on this piece of shit abomination, not praising it:negative:

^ Top  
  24. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Took Mount Blair and valiantly defended it for 30 minutes of excavation during an onslaught of Yao Guis, got a lot of ore from it :bunkertime:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Was walking through the settler's HQ and a settler commented "that hammer looks brutal" to my legendary sledgehammer
    It's nice when a game world acknowledges little things

Derrick's pittsburgh accent is pretty authentic btw. Sounds a bit canadian-y though.

came back on chems and a settler told me I'm high and need to go sleep it off :hahano:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.