Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout et tu (Fallout to Fallout 2 engine conversion)

Lexx

Cipher
Yup.

Lexx

Cipher
It's totally the music being in the wrong folder / the paths in the fallout2.cfg are wrong. In worst case, copy&paste the music from the GOG version into the \Fallout1Port\data\sound\music\ folder.

Anyways, I've released v1.2 yesterday:

Changelog:
  • Added: A new "Fo2-style environmental lighting"-option has been added to the fo1_settings.ini file (Winter days are shorter, summer days are longer, etc ... disabled by default).
  • Added: Alternative item rewards from Talus and Mathia can now be toggled in fo1_settings.ini file (enabled by default).
    - Laser Pistol -> Magneto-Laser Pistol
    - Power Fist -> Mega Power Fist
    - Ripper -> Super Sledgehammer
  • Added: It is now possible to enabled/disable the Shady Sands merchant (added by Fixt) in the fo1_settings.ini file (enabled by default).
  • Added: Flares now respawn on the Shady Sands merchant.
  • Added: The Cathedral merchant is now also affected by the "Fo2-style merchant restocking" option.
  • Added: Using the science skill on the prisoner terminal in the Master's Lair will now also toggle the force fields on / off.
  • Added: Wild Dogs now have a chance to spawn as hostile mobs inside caves.
  • Added: Zip-Gun (low-tier energy pistol) is now available at Jacob in the Hub and the merchant in Shady Sands.
  • Fixed: After returning the water chip, "Calm the Rebels" and "Find the Water Thief" quests will only show as completed if the player actually started them.
  • Fixed: Destroying the Cathedral / Military Base will now always correctly strike out the quest entries in the PipBoy.
  • Fixed: Cost calculations of the CoC doctor in Junktown wasn't rounding the result.
  • Fixed: Dogmeat will now correctly start with 50hp.
  • Fixed: The duplicated beginning/end frame of the male leather jacket critter running animation has been removed. (Issue #62)
  • Fixed: Fire Geckos now get their flame breath from critter script instead of the map script on critter creation. (Issue #53)
  • Fixed: Lorraine in Adytum was showing odd dialog when the player talked to her again.
  • Fixed: Marcelle in Junktown won't spawn a new shotgun on ever map enter.
  • Fixed: Mutants in Mariposa would not be removed correctly from the entrance map when applying the "radio trick" and leaving the map early.
  • Fixed: Saul in Junktown had wrong mood / reaction values set.
  • Fixed: Cabbot at the Brotherhood of Steel had wrong mood / reaction values set.
  • Fixed: Some doors in the Brotherhood bunker were using the wrong script (door.int -> metldoor.int).
  • Fixed: Super Mutant Lieutenant proto didn't have the "special death"-flag set.
  • Fixed: The traps behind Set in Necropolis create a fireball and area-damage effect again when exploding.
  • Fixed: Wu in the Children's Cathedral won't sell his emblem anymore.
  • Tweaked: Changed the way the "Fo2-style merchant restocking"-mechanic works: The default Fo1 inventory will always load first, later the restocking is applied.
  • Tweaked: Added Vault doors as "metal"-type to generic door scripts.
  • Tweaked: Mrs. Staple in the Hub will now respawn her books in vanilla-style again. With the Fo2 merchant restocking mode enabled, her money amount will follow the new restocking rules. The related Fixt-settings have been removed.
  • Tweaked: Spore plant encounters now have a chance to additionally spawn a group of mantis.
I consider reverting the change to Wu for the next version, though, because one could argue that it is a viable way of obtaining the key (if you can't steal it somewhere for whatever reason). IMO it would not go against Wu's character to just sell his emblem for some money.

index.php

Arcane
Fallout et tu v1.3 is out:
  • Added: Fallout 2's Metal Armor Mk2 has a small chance to spawn at the Gunrunners, and a smaller chance to spawn at Jacob's in Oldtown, because why not.
  • Fixed: Changing map elevations could result in visual glitches outside the map area if the screen resolution was set too high (HRP bug).
  • Fixed: Floating text will correctly disappear now on map elevation change (vanilla Fo1/2 bug).
  • Fixed: Survivalist perk now correctly gives +20% Outdoorsman skill on each of its 3 ranks.
  • Fixed: Armor destroy mod had wrong conditions set ...
  • Fixed: Lorenzo in the Hub had a typo in his move order, which would send him outside the FLC house.
  • Fixed: Razor would not move to the Adytum entrance after the Blades attacked without the help of the player.
  • Fixed: Blades would not join the attack on Adytum if the player attacks the Regulators on his own after telling Razor "let me speak with Zimmerman first" (example: due to player not having the Holodisk to show Zimmerman).
  • Fixed: After the Blades attacked Adytum without the player, Zimmerman would remain as a "dead ghost" in frozen animation and not disappear correctly.
  • Fixed: Miles in Adytum would GIVE the player 1.000 caps when making a hardened power armor, not TAKE it from the player.
  • Fixed: Miles in Adytum would spend +6 hours (reading the science books) when hardening every power armor, not just the first.
  • Fixed: Killian in Junktown would restock his money on every map_enter if he doesn't have any in his inventory.
  • Fixed: Neal killing the Skullz ganger in Junktown could leave behind a "dead ghost" in frozen animation.
  • Fixed: "Knocking out" the raider in Marcelle's Crash House won't trigger the "you killed him"-dialog anymore.
  • Fixed: Seth in Shady Sands still had a dialog option to teleport the player to the radscorpion caves, even with the satellite locations feature enabled.
  • Fixed: The Necropolis Hall of the Dead door guard will only float text if he actually sees the player using the door.
  • Fixed: The Necropolis invasion would still happen after killing Harry and his friends, even though it was disabled (set to 0) in the fo1_settings.ini file.
  • Fixed: The Master now uses his correct critical hit tables.
  • Fixed: Mitch in the Hub was still using the "old way" of the Fo2-style merchant inventory spawning mechanic.
  • Tweaked: Changed the conditions for the "good" Hub ending slide to be more in line with the information on the Wiki (complete "find the missing caravans", don't finish any of Decker's quests, be friendly with Harold). Skipped Iguana Bob, though, because it's too random right now. Also Jain is a bit of an exception - she can be killed as long as the player didn't get the job from Decker.
  • Tweaked: Katja will now gain a few % of lockpick skill per level up.
  • Tweaked: Killing Vance in the Hub now gives "neutral" reputation instead of "bad".
  • Tweaked: Lorenzo in the Hub has a more lenient loan timeout now (4 hours instead of 24).
  • Tweaked: Lowered the requirements a bit to turn in Iguana Bob to the Sheriff.
  • Tweaked: Re-enabled attack animations when using punching bag scenery objects (overrides the "use" animation).
  • Tweaked: Reduced Mauser ammo on Gizmo back to 20 bullets (reverted Fixt change).
  • Tweaked: Removed Stimpaks from Gizmo (reverted Fixt change).
  • Tweaked: Removed one more repeating dialog loop from Gabriel in the Boneyard.
  • Tweaked: New text to Razor in the Boneyard, to remove some of the really shitty repeating dialog states.
  • Tweaked: The Shady Sands merchant is now disabled by default.
  • Tweaked: Wu in the Cathedral is selling his emblem again (alternative path to get the key).

fuzz

Liturgist
If anyone is experiencing high CPU temperatures while launching via Lutris with DXVK - try playing around with ProcessorIdle variable in sfall's ddraw.ini:
;Set a number of milliseconds to idle each input loop
;Set to -1 to disable
;Set to 0 to idle only if other processes are waiting for processor time (WinXP/2000: if processes have equal priority)
;Set to 1 (or some higher number if needed) to prevent 100% CPU use. The maximum is 127
ProcessorIdle=5
Default value is -1. I've set mine to 5. The delay this produces is not really noticeable. As a solution it's not optimal, but I'm seeing much lower temps in general.
Note that there's a similar setting in f2_res.ini, tested both and sfall's one yielded better results for my setup.

Lexx

Cipher
I've released v1.4 yesterday, by the way. Because I am lazy, here is a copy&paste from NMA:

Originally wanted to wait a bit longer, but it was vacation tyme and I found some real shitty bugs in my latest playthrough, so here it is, v1.4 for everyone.

release_v1.4.png

Changelog:
  • Added: A new setting to enable tougher Super Mutants for a more challenging endgame.
  • Added: After killing the Deathclaws in the Boneyard, the player can now pay Zack a hefty sum to increase the chance of spawning special weapons (only works if Fo2-style merchant inventory restocking is enabled).
  • Added: All classic music tracks are now distributed with the mod, as it seems lots of folks have issues with setting it up correctly.
  • Added: Carrying a rope will now prevent the player from breaking his bones in "falling from a cliff"-encounters (the item will be consumed).
  • Added: Garret in Necropolis will now open/close the "reward fridge" when using it. Also added the missing "locked container" sfx.
  • Added: Lots of invisible blockers around edges in cavern encounter maps to try to prevent the game from spawning mobs outside the walls.
  • Fixed: A critical bug in the encounter system that would crash the game.
  • Fixed: Added the missing "Combat Armor"-perk to Combat Armor and Brotherhood Armor.
  • Fixed: After being brought to Mariposa by Super Mutants, party members would not be moved correctly into the prison cell.
  • Fixed: After opening the Vault 13 armory, the guard will return correctly to his home position and rotation after returning to the map.
  • Fixed: Caps restocking was broken on some merchants.
  • Fixed: Dogmeat will now start out correctly with 50hp.
  • Fixed: Empty encounters should (hopefully) not happen anymore now.
  • Fixed: Encounter Super Mutants with Laser Rifles will now spawn with MFCs instead of SECs (vanilla Fo1 bug).
  • Fixed: For some reason the brown bag used the normal bag graphics. Also tweaked the item stats to slightly differentiate it from the normal bag while I was at it.
  • Fixed: Force field emitter and terminals used the same damage code which could lead to odd behavior.
  • Fixed: Hero Appearance mod long hair dude PipBoy image wasn't shown correctly.
  • Fixed: Killian wouldn't mark Necropolis on the players map after asking for locations outside.
  • Fixed: Mantis would fight Spore Plants in encounter maps.
  • Fixed: The mysterious "Vault 13 invasion timer bug" is no more.
  • Fixed: The "You gain x experience points for freeing Tandi"-message will only show if the amount of experience is > 0.
  • Fixed: The Cautious Nature perk wasn't working with the Fo1 encounter system.
  • Fixed: When doing caravan jobs, the Caravan Driver and Caravan Guards would spawn new items on every game tick.
  • Fixed: The Fast Shot-Trait now works exactly as it did in vanilla Fo1.
  • Tweaked: The HK P90 ("10mm Carbine") has a small chance to appear at the Gun Runners now.
  • Tweaked: Added back in the "Decker must be killed"-condition to the Hub good ending.
  • Tweaked: All caravan jobs will only have one possible encounter now to circumvent an annoying bug that can't be fixed right now (basically reverted to Fo1 mechanics instead of Fo2's more complicated ones).
  • Tweaked: Complete quest and dialog overhaul for getting the motorcycle. It's now more streamlined and relies less on meta-knowledge. It's more or less still work in progress.
  • Tweaked: Fixed up some more town reputation changes. Just statistics - has no real influence on the game itself.
  • Tweaked: Increased the chance for cave and mine encounters a bit.
  • Tweaked: Killing a Mantis now gives neutral karma (animals aren't "evil").
  • Tweaked: Removed excess items (stimpaks, psycho, caps, etc) from Garl (was a Fixt addition that changed game balance).
  • Tweaked: Removed weapons from Bob the pre-owned cars salesman (another old Fixt addition).
  • Tweaked: Sfall graphics mode 4 (Dx9 fullscreen) is now the new default.
  • Tweaked: Super Mutants at the Mariposa entrance will return to their home position if the player left for longer than a day.

Biggest noticeable change is probably the new "Tough Mutants" setting in the fo1_settings.ini file. It cranks up the late game super mutant hitpoints, which makes them a bit more of a threat. However, keep in mind that ettu also makes use of fixed/changed ammo modifiers and such (Fo2 engine and Sfall fixes, etc), which also means that combat gets a bit easier later than how it was in vanilla Fo1.
In any case, for me this is the most fun addition right now, because for the first time in years I had a bit of a struggle in Mariposa and the Cathedral and couldn't just "turbo plasma stomp" everything left and right.

Also fixed a serious crash bug that would appear after saving and loading in encounters, and I finally found out what the source of the "Vault 13 suddenly got invaded!"-bug was.

Everything else is more or less smaller fixes, yadda-yadda. Still some good stuff in there, imo.

PS: Savegames from v1.3 should be compatible without too many issues, but to experience the full effect of all the fixes, etc. it's necessary to start a new game.

Last edited:

Red Hexapus

Learned
Lexx First of all thanks for all the work on this mod, it's nice to replay this game after some years in FO2 engine.

I've also come here to say you might take a look at Skilled trait - it seems it doesn't work as interded in the conversion.
In FO1 it gave flat 10% increase to all skills, in FO2 in gave +5 skill points/level. In the conversion it shows the picture description for the latter, but I guess it should show the one from FO1. In fact it seems both effects from FO1 and FO1 are applied at the same time.

Here's Albert at level 2 before point distribution. According to FO1 rules his skills levels are correct e.g. Small Guns -> 59% = 35% (Base) + 4*1% (Agility) + 20% (Tag) + 10% (Skilled) - 10% (Good Natured)
The FO1 Skill Rate should be 17 ( 2xInt + 5 ) but it give me the FO2 Skill Rate = 22 ( 2XInt + 5 + 5 from Skilled).

BTW I'm playing on the latest version (1.4), hope it proves useful in improving the conversion.

uLiaE3q.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
Red Hexapus look at your sfall configuration ini in the root [edit] FO2 Et Tu folder, there should be an option to enable Fallout1 behavior iirc.

Red Hexapus

Learned
Red Hexapus look at your sfall configuration ini in the root [edit] FO2 Et Tu folder, there should be an option to enable Fallout1 behavior iirc.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've found a config file "Fallout1in2/config/Perks.ini" which specifies the behaviour of perks and traits inside the modified game. For some reason it had "NoHardcode=0". I've confirmed that if this is changed to "NoHardcode=1" it gives the correct Skill Rate (which should be 17 for this character) :)

Lexx

Cipher
For some reason it had "NoHardcode=0"
Wooops.

Keep in mind that setting NoHardcode=1 will give you perks every 3 level again. This will be fixed in v1.5 which probably will be out in a week or so.

/Edit: On a side note ... +10% initial skill points and instead a perk only every 4 levels seems like a really shitty deal.

Last edited:

Red Hexapus

Learned
For some reason it had "NoHardcode=0"
Wooops.

Keep in mind that setting NoHardcode=1 will give you perks every 3 level again. This will be fixed in v1.5 which probably will be out in a week or so.

Awesome, I'll just wait for version 1.5 to come out then :)

Regarding Skilled, I completely agree with you, the change in the second game was for the best (while Skilled in New Vegas is simply amazing for insignificant -10% exp).

agris

Arcane
Patron
hey Lexx, have you made any changes to how et tu handles the radiation zone around the glow in the past 6 months or so? from my last playthrough, it seemed that the radiation zone was a lot wider than in FO1 and it was easy to get caught in a death-loop leaving the glow depending on when you last applied rad-X.

my memory is fuzzy on this, maybe I need to revisit a save if what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

Lexx

Cipher
The zones directly around the Glow will radiate you even when traveling on the worldmap - it's not a lot, but it can be serious if you run around there for long. I did this change, because I hated how you only need 2 RadX for the whole game. However, it's not a new change - it's already there since v1.0 (~february 2020).

In return, the mountain zones there have an increased chance of spawning a cavern encounter, and an increased chance of converting a cavern encounter to an abandoned mine. The abandoned mines have an increased chance to spawn fancy loot container with stuff you can't get anywhere else. :>

Lexx

Cipher
Few things happened since last month, so with the latest Sfall release it felt ok to release ettu v1.5 now as well.

release_v1.5.png

Changelog:
Sfall has been updated to version 4.2.9
  • Added: Dogmeat can now be turned into a red dog (alternative skin, new setting in the fo1_settings.ini file, doesn't change anything else).
  • Added: Party members will float random text if they have a crippled limb (inspired by Fo2 Unofficial Patch / Restoration Project).
  • Added: Setting off the trap on Hightower's strongbox will now trigger his guard to investigate.
  • Added: Trying to destroy a force field emitter but failing to do so will now show up accordingly in the message log.
  • Added: The Mariposa force field emitter will now be visually "destroyed" once the Mr. Handy robot crashes into it.
  • Added: If the player takes the Gun Runner guns as reward, Razor would not react to it accordingly.
  • Fixed: Brotherhood Paladins in encounter maps would not recognize the player as an Initiate.
  • Fixed: The Broterhood lower levels would not correctly disable after mutants invaded the location (it was possible to enter the maps via Town/World button).
  • Fixed: Darrel at the Brotherhood now correctly shows his secondary "look at"-description text.
  • Fixed: Hightower's strongbox was missing a blocking hex.
  • Fixed: In a city encounter map it was possible for random encounter mobs to spawn inside objects (big vehicles etc).
  • Fixed: Lou had a wrong dialog line in the torture sequence.
  • Fixed: Main door in the Raiders map had a blocker missing (could still walk through a closed door).
  • Fixed: The Radio item proto didn't have the radio-script attached, thus only very few (map placed) radios in the game could be used in Mariposa.
  • Fixed: Talking to Calder at the Cathedral entrance while having the Childkiller-reputation would show the wrong dialog node.
  • Fixed: Dialog with the guard to the Master's Lair could crash the game.
  • Fixed: The 2nd guard to the Master's Lair was spawning an "ERROR" dialog.
  • Fixed: The Master's Lair terminal that would mark Mariposa on the worldmap would sometimes not mark the location on the worldmap.
  • Fixed: The Light Step perk wasn't working on mines.
  • Fixed: The Skilled trait will now correctly give +10% to every skill and no additional skill points per levelup (as it was in Fo1).
  • Fixed: The Skum Pitt and Vault 13 armory door would reset when loading a savegame.
  • Fixed: The Watershed mutants would not leave the map on the correct path. Also added a check to remove them from the map if the player leaves before they walked off-screen.
  • Fixed: The dynamite-exploit won't work on crucial NPCs anymore (Beth, Jacob, Zack, Razor, ...)
  • Fixed: The relationship dialog between Trish and Saul has been fixed up and somewhat polished (old restored cut content).
  • Tweaked: The "Tougher Mutants"-setting works as a multiplier now. 0 is vanilla Fo1, 1 is the preferred setting, 2 is still okay, but everything above slowly moves into some serious OVERKILL-territory.
  • Tweaked: There is now a low chance for cavern encounters to not spawn any mobs at all.
  • Tweaked: Ian, Tycho, and Dogmeat are more likely to try called shots now (closer to vanilla Fo1).
  • Tweaked: Reduced the amount of radiation in the Glow zones on the worldmap.
  • Tweaked: When captured by mutants and brought to Mariposa, party members will now temporarily get removed from the players party and moved into their own cell.
  • Tweaked: When walking through the "revulse tunnel" in the Master's Lair, the party member damage information will now show before the players to not spam the message log so much.
  • Tweaked: A new caps modifier has been added to reduce the amount of currency on the merchants by 50%.

As you can see it's mostly bugfixes. Found some *really* old Fo1 bugs at random, which made me kinda happy in a way. Especially because they were super easy to fix. :>

Biggest change is probably the new Sfall feature to assign targets to your party members. Read more about it here. Note that the feature is disabled by default.

index.php

Arcane
et tu v1.6 is out

release_v1.6.png

NOTE: This update requires to start a new game. Playing an existing savegame after updating to v1.6 will not work!

Changelog:
  • Added: French translation by HawK-EyE.
  • Added: New "Black Dude" player character. Can be selected in the race-menu of the character creation.
  • Added: A new mini-mod that enables current / maximum carry weight in the loot screen, similar to what Crafty's Sfall for Fo1 does (disabled by default).
  • Added: New mini-mod that increases the mountain encounter map size to support a resolution of 1280x720px without showing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. It also increases the visible map area in the Cathedral tower maps (enabled by default).
  • Added: A new optional Floating Eye party member to the Glow (disabled by default).
  • Added: A new option to enable Fo2-style weapon upgrades. Jack in Hub Oldtown and Zack at the Gunrunners will upgrade weapons. Miles in Adytum can produce Flamer Fuel MK2 (enabled by default).
  • Added: Combat Shotgun can be upgraded to a round magazine at Jack (Hub) and Zack (Gunrunners) if Fo2-style weapon upgrades are enabled.
  • Added: All Fo2 lockpick items are now supported in scripts (Lockpicks, Expanded Lockpick set, Electronic Lockpick, Electronic Lockpick MK2).
  • Added: World and map radiation around the Glow is now optional (see fo1_settings.ini), but remains enabled by default.
  • Added: Fire Gecko Pelt from the UPU has been added to the game.
  • Added: The Fo2 Karma Beacon perk now works with the Fo1 NPCs.
  • Added: Throwing animation, club, hammer, and knife for the Tycho / Raider critter.
  • Added: Long hair leather jacket (hero) animations as modder resource.
  • Added: Missing animations for tribal hero male and female critters (modder resource).
  • Added: Restored some inaccessible dialog for Lasher inside the Cathedral (about abusing children).
  • Added: Restored some inaccessible dialog for Viola inside the Cathedral (after talking to Laura).
  • Added: Restored various cut characters (Rae in the Master's Lair, a conversation between two mutants in the Master's Lair medlab, Marney at the Followers Library, Hernandez in Junktown, Dumar in the Cathedral, Brenden in the Brotherhood bunker, Calder at the Cathedral crater, Rufus in the Hub Oldtown). They can be enabled in the fo1_settings.ini file.
  • Fixed: The dialog option to ask Sammael in Adytum about the farm parts would show up only once.
  • Fixed: When asking Rhombus at the Brotherhood for questions, his reply got overwritten by an empty line.
  • Fixed: One of the Skulz in the Skum Pitt attack had a knife but couldn't use it due to lack of animations.
  • Fixed: A potential procedure loop in the (generic) super mutant sergeant script when talking to them in disguise.
  • Fixed: After losing a Junktown boxing match, Saul would not stand up again.
  • Fixed: Asking the Water Merchants for a caravan job wasn't possible anymore after asking about a water delivery, but then declining the service.
  • Fixed: Brotherhood crack paladins will show up at the Cathedral again.
  • Fixed: Cathedral technicians would blast the disguise-check code on every game tick, no matter if they see thep player or not. This can cause the game to crash on certain hardware.
  • Fixed: Dan at the Hub entrance was unable to get to the Brahmin pens (waypoint too far away for the ai pathfinding). Added another waypoint in the middle, which not only fixes his daily schedule, but also restores an interaction with Billy, the brahmin boy.
  • Fixed: Dan at the Hub entrance would tell the player to get out of his house at night (and attack him later), even though the player wasn't in his house.
  • Fixed: Gaining Outdoorsman skill points from the gecko hunters (encounter) will now show up in the message log.
  • Fixed: Gizmo would not react to the player trying to steal from him after certain dialog choices.
  • Fixed: Gizmo's dead remains (with animated flies) can now be looted correctly.
  • Fixed: If Kenji is about to attack Killian and the player leaves the map, he will now be removed (if the player returns after days, he would still be there. Now he is killed off-screen by the guards).
  • Fixed: If Killian gets killed while fighting Gizmo, the player would get the experience points and Junktown becomes hostile.
  • Fixed: If Lars in Junktown gives the player 15 seconds to "leave and never come back", he would start combat no matter where on the map the player is.
  • Fixed: If the player is a child killer, Fry at the Hub entrance would still greet him happily, even though it makes no sense in his dialog.
  • Fixed: LARIPPER map borders were wrong (parts of the visible map were inaccessible due to this).
  • Fixed: Loxley in the Hub wouldn't remember having talked to the player before. Also restored a few dialog lines for him and his friends after getting kicked out from the Circle.
  • Fixed: MacRae in the Boneyard now correctly gives the player +5% Damage Resistance, and + 1% Melee Damage (vanilla Fo1 bug + removed the old Fixt workaround which gave skill points instead). Also, gaining the bonus will now be mentioned in the message log (same as how every other bonus gets mentioned).
  • Fixed: Maxon at the Brotherhood was showing the wrong dialog text after asking about the missing caravans.
  • Fixed: Mines / Traps spatial scripts had no range assigned to them.
  • Fixed: Necropolis Motel map had wrong resting settings (No,Yes,No -> No,No,No).
  • Fixed: Patrick the Celt had a dialog reaction to Aradesh being dead, but the condition was wrong, so it would never trigger.
  • Fixed: Player can enter V13 already after waiting 1 day and not 2.
  • Fixed: Player can't get the Champion reputation state anymore if he is a childkiller.
  • Fixed: Restored floating text of Glowing Ghouls in the Necropolis Vault (when talking to them after taking the water chip and not repairing the water pump. Not sure why Fixt removed this).
  • Fixed: Shady Sands would become hostile to the player, even if he kills Tandi outside of town.
  • Fixed: Sherry in Junktown would leave the map after leaving the Skulz gang. This was added by TeamX a long time ago and I have no idea why. Reverted this change for now.
  • Fixed: Sid (Hub / Beth's guard) would float a text message so fast, it was impossible to read.
  • Fixed: Some locations would not be marked as visible when asking about them in dialog.
  • Fixed: Spear-only raiders in Brotherhood encounters weren't able to use their spear. Temporarily fixed this with replacing their blue-pants look with generic leather jacket.
  • Fixed: TMA would crash when not using the Sfall Dx9 mode.
  • Fixed: The Junktown fighting match scenes will play sound effects now (punching, hitting, falling).
  • Fixed: The Skum Pitt cutscene between the Skulz ganger and Trish had no sound effects.
  • Fixed: The Mariposa entrance mutant was showing 60/50 hp for some reason. Mutants on level 1 had 49/50hp.
  • Fixed: The Tag!-perk wouldn't give +20% to the new skill as it did in Fo1.
  • Fixed: The Mr. Fixit perk would give +10% (Fo2) instead of +20% (Fo1).
  • Fixed: The dialog of Talius in the Followers library was a mess. Added new sentences to remove his amnesia, added a new quest entry to the pipboy ("Kill the leader of the mutant army in Necropolis.") and fixed his quest rewards.
  • Fixed: The fisherman and his son would reappear in encounters, even if the player killed them before.
  • Fixed: The player can't rest in encounter locations anymore if there are other critters in the map.
  • Fixed: The teacher in the Brotherhood library was supposed to randomly float text (timer event proc was missing).
  • Fixed: The wanted-sign now correctly shows the current bounty on the players head (in caps).
  • Fixed: Using a crowbar on doors would actually not do anything (Fo2 feature - Added by Killap for the UP, but it never worked).
  • Fixed: When using the stealing skill on Dogmeat, an error message would show (old Fixt code).
  • Tweaked: The Junktown guard in Killian's shop will now move closer to the good tables at night.
  • Tweaked: Added the agility-check back into the Gunrunners toxic goo spatial script (was a Fixt change?).
  • Tweaked: Hotspots in the Glow will give the player randomly 20 to 50 rads again (reverted Fixt change back to Fo1 vanilla values).
  • Tweaked: Improved the floating text code of the FoA invades at the Cathedral a bit (only one will float, not all at the same time).
  • Tweaked: In the character screen, "Karma" was called "Reputation" in Fo1.
  • Tweaked: Added a better floating text management between Guido and Leon (Hub / FLC guards), because the text was barely readable.
  • Tweaked: Moved the inventory weapons of Hub entrance guards into their off-hand slots, otherwise they would never use them.
  • Tweaked: Perk description text still had Fo2 stuff in it. Reverted it back to the Fo1 text.
  • Tweaked: Removed the locker in the V13 medical room - it wasn't there in the original.
  • Tweaked: Reverted the +20% skill bonus of the Survivalist perk. In Fo1 it doesn't give any points and is only used in calculations "behind the scenes".
  • Tweaked: Reverted the MFC / SEC item change in super mutant encounters, because they seem to drop SECs on purpose and not by bug.
  • Tweaked: Rewrote the interaction between Killian and his shopdoor. Also, the inside shopguard will react to the player now if he is found inside the building at night time.
  • Tweaked: Super Mutants in encounter maps will now start out with their weapons equipped.
  • Removed: Old code in Ian, Tycho, and Katja scripts when giving them items. Nobody used this function anyways, also it was possible to exploit their carry weight limit with this.

Lexx said:
Find the latest release here.

The release of v1.6 is quite big again. Lots of vanilla Fo1 bugfixes, including some restorations due to that.
Personally I think that the most interesting fix in this update is related to Dan and Billy at the Hub entrance. Dan "The Brahma Man" has a daily schedule and will check on Billy (the brahmin boy) from time to time. If he sees Billy talking to the player, he will get angry and starts yelling.
What makes this interaction interesting is that it's NOT cut content. It just couldn't trigger because the brahmin pen waypoint is too far away for the ai pathfinding, thus Dan will never walk over in the first place
It's just a small scene, but it breathes a kind of life into the world that isn't found anywhere in Fallout 2. This also makes the Hub entrance probably the one location with the most NPCs that follow a basic daily schedule. Cool.

There's also a bunch of dialog lines restored, and I've removed the amnesia from a few more NPCs who will now remember if the player has been talking to them before.

Additionally, I've restored most of the NPCs that were cut from the final game. I still think that almost all of them are shit and were cut for a good reason. Because they feel so pointless to me, I've put them behind the GVAR_ENABLE_CUT_CHARACTERS setting in the fo1_settings.ini file.

Rae in the Master's Lair is the only one that feels somewhat complete and well written. However, even here ... he can make the endgame hilariously easy, which is very likely the reason why he was cut as well.

There's also a conversation between two super mutants in the medlab which is pretty cool. I probably wouldn't mind moving that stuff into the main game directly and enable them by default. Will see what the future brings.

Anyways. That's it for now. I'll be very busy with other things in the next few weeks, so don't expect any big updates for a while.

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
I was just wondering when a new update would come out and was pleasantly surprised to see it came out 30 minutes ago. Thanks Lexx.

Lexx

Cipher
Random thought about Rae in the Master's Lair: There's also a character named MacRae in the Boneyard / Blades territory. Now I'm actually wondering if Rae is him, but dipped.

The whole dialog of Rae revolves around him being freshly dipped and confused. It's not that far fetched to imagine the super mutant would show up in the Master's Lair if the Boneyard has been invaded. It would also tie in better with the endgame - if you waste too much time early on and the Boneyard gets fucked (90 days are gone fast!), you lose out on better gear and experience, which makes dealing with the Master a lot harder. Rae now acts as a temporary party member and you can even convince him to deal with the Master on his own. The later option makes the endgame hilariously easy if you are running around with turbo plasma and level 18+ .... but if you are somewhere around level 8 and everyone who would give you better items is dead ...

His dialog is also one of the most complete ones from all cut characters. It really seems like he was a part of the game for a while and only got dropped somewhat shortly before the release.

tl;dr - I think Rae is the guy from the Blades, and if you fuck around too long and the mutants are invading everything left and right, then gameplay-wise he helps you to still finish the game in any case.

Now I'm toying with the idea of removing him from the cut-content section and implement him into the game for real, but only have him show up if the Boneyard has been taken over (player has to enable the invasions).

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Lexx sounds like a reasonable assumption. Does any of Rae's dialogue indicate he would be the same person from the Blade's tho?

Lexx

Cipher
Here is the dialog file. There's nothing directly in his file that would indicate they are the same person. The only connection is pretty much the name. Normally I'd say yeah, that's pretty weak ... but who the fuck is named "Rae" and why would there be two people like that in the game?

Red Hexapus

Learned
So, don't know if this has been mentioned before or not. I've been playing the new version of Et Tu, walking the desert, minding my own business when suddenly... I stumble across the Guardian of Forever (special encounter from Fallout 2). The first thought was that it should not be there, and something must be wrong with the installation or it is a bug. But when you enter this Guardian, you get transported to the future to Temple of Trials moments before The Chosen One from Fallout 2 enters it. Nice touch Lexx :)

index.php

Arcane
et tu v1.7 is out

release_v1.7.png

Changelog:
  • Added: A new mini-mod that replaces the default premade characters and changes their starting equipment accordingly.
  • Added: New "Tougher Humans" setting that will increase humanoid hitpoints to make the mid-game more challenging.
  • Added: New "alternative Khan armor styles" setting. This will fix (or restore, however one looks at it) the original visuals of the female Khan critters.
  • Added: New Shock Spear item (using Fallout Sonora graphics) and added it to the Gun Runners arsenal (currently only available if "weapon upgrades" have been enabled).
  • Added: Reverted trait text to the original Fo1 (US) version.
  • Added: Uncensored Addict, Chem Reliant, and Chem resistant skilldex images.
  • Fixed: "Steal the urn" PipBoy entry will be crossed out if the quest is active and Neal dies.
  • Fixed: Flying Saucer dome had the wrong description (Fo2 air vent text).
  • Fixed: Fo2Tweaks trunk size option might fuck with the motorcycle trunk visuals.
  • Fixed: It wasn't possible to bust Iguana Bob after taking down Decker, because the Sheriff's dialog would change to a floating text. Now it will turn into a regular dialog if the player knows about Bob.
  • Fixed: It wasn't possible to transfer items via the stealing skill for the Mr. Handy party member.
  • Fixed: Missing string in the Eyebot companion dialog.
  • Fixed: Original main menu panel only had 5 and not 6 slots.
  • Fixed: The Combat Shotgun (Ext. Mag) was set as 1-handed weapon.
  • Fixed: The optional Shady Sands merchant and his bodyguard had no armor values set.
  • Fixed: The student fight training at the Brotherhood would only ever play once on first map enter. Map change or loading a savegame would break it. Vanilla Fo1 bug.
  • Fixed: Wrong First Aid-skill formula in the skill description.
  • Tweaked: Added mother deathclaw quest fail-safe to cross out the PipBoy entry after completion.
  • Tweaked: Dealing with Billy in the Hub now gives a few experience points.
  • Tweaked: Metal Pole is a usable weapon now.
  • Tweaked: Streamlined PipBoy entry code for the Hub Merchant and Jain quests.
  • Tweaked: Strong dehydration effect now has a longer duration to wear off.
  • Tweaked: Super Cattle Prod price increased to 1.100 caps.
Lexx said:
Find the latest release here.

Alrighty. Took a while, but v1.7 is here. What's to say? Not so much this time. Got barely any bug reports, barely found any new bugs myself.

The most interesting addition is probably the new premade characters mini-mod:

fo1_new_premades.png

Using any of them will have you start the game with different items. It's not necessarily made with balance in mind -- it's just a couple characters that I had fun toying around with.

Other than that, I wrote about the Khans a bit further above, an interesting curiosity. It's controlled via the new GVAR_ENABLE_KHAN_ART_FIX setting and currently enabled by default (not sure yet if I will keep this on by default in the future or not).

Most notable feature is probably the new "tougher humans" setting, which gives more hitpoints to various critters in the gameworld (mainly encounters around the Hub and Boneyard). It works the same as the "tougher mutants" setting. Right now it is also enabled by default. IMO the tweaked hitpoints are reasonable and nobody should have serious issues with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom