Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout et tu (Fallout to Fallout 2 engine conversion)

Two years later, Lilura was and is still right. With the rumor of the Fallout remasters coming on, who wants to bet they're gonna Beamdog Fallout Et Tu as "Fallout 1 and 2 Enhanced Editions" and suddenly our oh-so-precious codexian dragon lady will be whipping codexers with her whip on her second coming in thigh highs and high heels? Set your heart ablaze Lilura. SHIT WAS GROGNARD AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexx

Cipher
Cool, didn't know I was going to earn money with my work.

/Edit: Just did a quick google search and can't find any rumors about a Fallout 1 remaster. That said, if they'd "Beamdog Fallout Et Tu", I guess I should be the first to know.

PS: Most people don't really care about et tu. This thread here is the best example -- it only has so many pages because autists like Lilura couldn't stop shitting on it for 10 pages. Without them giving attention to it, the thread would probably be long gone. :salute:

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
PS: Most people don't really care about et tu.

I replayed them to death, recently even (last year or 2 years ago) so I'll probably play your "whatever this is" but certainly not this year.
Many players are probably waiting for the development to stop before diving in.

Lilura shills Diablo and NWN mods so his opinion doesn't matter.

Lexx

Cipher
Well, the development will not stop anytime soon. There's always something that can be done - just the frequency of updates will slow down. Outside of that, ettu is feature complete and the least buggy Fo1 experience.

Lexx

Cipher
Boys, I have news. The rumors were true, ettu will become Bethesda's new Fallout remaster.

lolz, I lied. In actuality, v1.8 has been released now.

release_v1.8.png

Changelog:
Sfall has been updated to version 4.3.6
  • Added: Expanded ending slides. Every major event in the game, as well as active party members will now be covered in the ending slides. This option is disabled by default and can be enabled at any point in the game.
  • Added: Created missing animations for Black Dude Purple Robe / Hero Appearance mod.
  • Added: New Tycho metal armor animation set.
  • Added: New Alternative Force Fields sub-mod with graphics made by .Pixote. Disabled by default, can be enabled in the ddraw.ini file.
  • Added: A new option to switch between Fo1-style "rest until 06:00" and Fo2-style "rest until 08:00" in the PipBoy.
  • Added: Clicking on the worldmap now produces the same sounds as in Fo1 (traveling and green triangles).
  • Added: "Vasquez, the mercenary" can now be hired in Junktown if the cut characters-option is enabled.
  • Added: "Mike, the Old Town guard" shows up in the Hub Old Town district if the cut characters-option is enabled.
  • Added: "Deadguy" will show up in Decker's hideout after the player cleared the place and cut characters are enabled.
  • Added: Restored a couple dialog lines for Nicole in the Boneyard. She will now also correctly react to the player stealing from her.
  • Added: Restored dialog for Phil and Lenore in Junktown when Dogmeat is killed instead of recruited.
  • Fixed: Aradesh in Shady Sands had a wrong reaction condition.
  • Fixed: Tine ("Taylor") in Adytum had a wrong reaction condition.
  • Fixed: The dialog option to ask Cabbot at the Brotherhood about joining would change to "I have changed my mind..." without the player ever asking him to join.
  • Fixed: Asking Ian for "Killian" via TMA would return a reply about Ian's name.
  • Fixed: Fire Gecko pelt inventory graphic was missing.
  • Fixed: Improved the way Sherry in Junktown stays/leaves town after dealing with the Skulz.
  • Fixed: Katja's "can you open that door"-dialog option would also show up if the object was already unlocked (barely used in the game, but whatever I guess).
  • Fixed: Purple floating text color now shows correctly (primarily used by Katja).
  • Fixed: Killing Gizmo without Killian would result in a teleport back to Lars.
  • Fixed: Klaxon lights in Mariposa would show the wrong description text when in alarm-mode.
  • Fixed: Laura in the Cathedral had a voiced line linked to a non-existing sound file.
  • Fixed: Leather Armor had 20% plasma resistance (old Fixt value). Reverted to 10% Fo1 vanilla value.
  • Fixed: Mariposa command terminal was printing a "This does nothing."-message after using a radio on it.
  • Fixed: "You gain You Gain.." in Thomas dialog at the Brotherhood.
  • Fixed: Mariposa force fields had some issues when triggering them on/off via radio. Rewrote the script to be more robust.
  • Fixed: Motorcycle key had a weight of 10 pounds. Changed to 0.
  • Fixed: It was possible to get two motorcycle keys from Griffith.
  • Fixed: Removed unnecessary "Special Death"-flag from Brotherhood Paladin proto files.
  • Fixed: Script issue when checking the childkiller reputation.
  • Fixed: The Hall of the Dead entrance guard will not attack the player anymore if he opened the door from inside to leave the building. Also he would attack instantly and not give a warning if the player would mess with it right after leaving the building.
  • Fixed: The Junktown Crash House raider would still drop armor, even if armor dropping was disabled.
  • Fixed: The backpack of the combat armor animations would clip through the rocket launcher.
  • Fixed: The elevator door to elevation 3 in the Master's Lair wanted normal lockpicks instead of electronic lockpicks.
  • Fixed: Typo in english Flambe 450 item description.
  • Fixed: Typos in Set's dialog.
  • Tweaked: Added more encounters to the "tougher humans" setting and slightly increased the chance of grease gun spawns.
  • Tweaked: Adjusted laser resistance of ant critters.
  • Tweaked: After taking down Gizmo / Killian, the lights inside their buildings will be turned off.
  • Tweaked: Complimenting the cook or helping Curtis in Shady Sands will now grant a few town reputation points.
  • Tweaked: Contents of crates in cavern encounters have more item variation now.
  • Tweaked: If Hub cops walked away from their default position (ex: player started a fight), they will now reset after a couple ingame days.
  • Tweaked: If Katja attempts to lockpick the Mariposa entrance door, or Doc Morbids locker, she now has a 100% chance to succeed (the same as if the player asks her via dialog).
  • Tweaked: Improved the TMA-system. If a keyword is not found in the character specific unique responses, the game will now try to find a keyword in the generic map-based responses instead.
  • Tweaked: Improved the way the Brotherhood sentry spawns into the map once the BoS has been invaded. Now he has his weapon drawn and won't play the wielding animation on map enter.
  • Tweaked: Junktown Scout "goodbye"-dialog felt weird after asking any question. Shows an alternative goodbye-string now.
  • Tweaked: Manually disabled force fields in Mariposa will now stay off for a little bit longer.
  • Tweaked: Masters Lair cut content supermutant exchanged with "supermutant medic" proto and tweaked his loadout.
  • Tweaked: Moved the Vault 13 water ration scene into a timer event, to improve performance.
  • Tweaked: Party member hitpoints reduced a bit per levelup (was +10, now +7). Also tweaked skill increases to make them less godly in higher levels.
  • Tweaked: Saul and Trish dialog checks are a bit more forgiving now.
  • Tweaked: Some endgame random encounter critters will now have a chance to spawn with AP instead of JHP ammo in their guns.
  • Tweaked: Southern / Boneyard encounters now have a chance to spawn with sharpened instead of normal spears.
  • Tweaked: The ENABLE_FO2_CRITTERS setting will now also affect critters spawned in caravan encounters.
  • Tweaked: The Fo2 party member combat control interface fits better to the rest of the Fo1 interface now.
  • Tweaked: The gecko hunters are not giving a random outdoorsman-skill reward anymore but a fixed 5% increase.

Find the latest release here.

This time a bit faster than the last release. v1.8 comes with a couple restored characters, lots of minor fixes, lots of minor tweaks, we brought back more Fo1 interface effects (all the clicking sfx on the worldmap - in vanilla Fo2, none of those exist), and there's some party member balance changes (less +skills and hitpoints per level up, which helps balancing the game some more. Keep in mind that vanilla Fo1 party members couldn't level up at all).

I've also decided to finally release the Expanded Endings-option. I am sitting on the files for over a year now and never had the time to finish it. With the help of Tagaziel and The Dutch Ghost, we've added 15 new possible ending slides to cover all major events in the game, including what happens to currently active party members. The reason why I've been sitting on those files for so long is because I didn't had the time to finish the actual ending slide graphics (still don't, but I finally wanted to release it anyways). If someone feels motivated to help getting this 100% done, and is able to create vanilla Fo1 style ending slide images, feel free to reach out to me.

Note: The expanded slides are disabled by default, but can be enabled at any time. You can save the game shortly before finishing it, watch the vanilla slides, then enable the option, reload your savegame and see the ending again.

There's also a new mini-mod, made by @.Pixote. - Alternative Force Field graphics:

fo1_alternative_forcefields.gif

When enabled, this mod will swap the vanilla yellow and red force fields to new, animated ones. They look pretty cool, I got used to them quickly and can't without it anymore now.

Ok, that's it. Got nothing more to say. Peace out.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I admit to lazy and I cannot read 14 pages on this sitting but does this make alt-tabbing more stable?

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'll definitely be checking this out, as I've been wanting to do my annual play through of the first two games.
The last time I just played it vanilla and I've messed around with Fixt in the past; I know I've tried et tu at one point but its been a while so I'd like to check out all of these new options.

Lexx

Cipher
With the help of Tagaziel and The Dutch Ghost, we've added 15 new possible ending slides to cover all major events in the game
The same tagaziel who went from prising f1 and f2 to kissing Beth's ass on every occasion?
The same tagaziel who is currently todd's whore?
Probably, dunno.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Everything is uncensored.
do u use the original "child killer" graphic?

kicking pregnant belly? yes, it does.

With the help of Tagaziel and The Dutch Ghost, we've added 15 new possible ending slides to cover all major events in the game
The same tagaziel who went from prising f1 and f2 to kissing Beth's ass on every occasion?
The same tagaziel who is currently todd's whore?

low-energy fake excidium demanding ideological purity? yawn, no surprise. if what he made is good for et tu, it's good. regardless of anything else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom