Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I only use unofficial patches, and even then I am selective. I don't like fucking with the devs work beyond fixing actual bugs, but that's me. I know a lot of people disagree.

Also higher resolutions zoom out and ruin the game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jaesun wrote:
Are the bug fixes separate from the new added/changed content?

Sduibek: Generally speaking, no.

That answered my question on this mod.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jaesun wrote:

Should have tried to convince him to separate them :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jaesun wrote:

Should have tried to convince him to separate them :M

That doesn't seem to be his design goal. And separating them was asked a LONG time ago, but he still was not interested in doing so. Oh well.

Topher

Cipher
This mod really is a shame. I'll take the bug fixes and probably play around with some of the changes but quite a few of them don't make any sense at all and i'll pass on the entire mod rather then play around them.

Every mod needs to be fully customizable through either an in-game menu or text file. Long live JA 1.13.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit, the new Hi Res patches are AWESOME. Mash added scaling so you can use high resolutions without everything being small and zoomed out!

Hmmm, I am in the late-stages of a Fallout 2 replay right now (using the mod, but just to fix colors, playing at 640x480)... worth changing? Last thing I wanna do is fuck it up when I'm heading to the oil rig.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy shit, the new Hi Res patches are AWESOME. Mash added scaling so you can use high resolutions without everything being small and zoomed out!

Hmmm, I am in the late-stages of a Fallout 2 replay right now (using the mod, but just to fix colors, playing at 640x480)... worth changing? Last thing I wanna do is fuck it up when I'm heading to the oil rig.

I'd recommend you try it. I don't think it can hurt. If things look fucked up, revert to the older version. It's just a DLL, it doesn't change game data.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Okay, I played a bit with the Fog of War + "Free Cam" feature.

It's interesting but problematic. The fog of war is based on line of sight, not mere proximity like in the IE games. As a result, you get these weird, ugly patches of blackness in blind corners that you haven't peeked into. Additionally, unlike the IE games, there's no intermediate "greyed out" effect for areas where you've explored but are not close to currently. Such areas will appear entirely visible, but if you come close to them, any NPCs in them will appear to pop out of thin air.

DalekFlay Jaesun

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout1_Resolution_Patch
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout2_High_Resolution_Patch

You can also enable fog of war and a "free cam" so it works like the Infinity Engine!

So I have a native resolution of 1680 x 1050, and I think an 21" monitor. I never played Fallouts with high res patch because it looked ugly and too small to me, and lost the atmosphere of the game if I used them. But if the patches are improved etc. Maybe I should give it a try? What resolution should I use so it looks like I'm playing it on 15" CRT like in the good old times? :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
DalekFlay Jaesun

You can also enable fog of war and a "free cam" so it works like the Infinity Engine!

So I have a native resolution of 1680 x 1050, and I think an 21" monitor. I never played Fallouts with high res patch because it looked ugly and too small to me, and lost the atmosphere of the game if I used them. But if the patches are improved etc. Maybe I should give it a try? What resolution should I use so it looks like I'm playing it on 15" CRT like in the good old times? :D

Use your native resolution. It should look okay now (not small)

DalekFlay Jaesun

Use your native resolution. It should look okay now (not small)

Thx bro, I'll try it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DalekFlay Jaesun

Another thing to try would be exactly 1/2 of your monitor's native res. This way you don't get ugly as shit monitor scaling.

Yeah it does look shitty with x2 scaling, but better than without it at all at 1680 x 1050 (everything's tiny). I tried 840 x 525, but it doesn't work it says "Error initializing video mode 840 x 525" and "The selected Display mode is unsupported". :( So I'm still thinking should I play it vanilla or with 1680 x 1050 x2 scaling... :?

EG

Nullified
Yeah it does look shitty with x2 scaling, but better than without it at all at 1680 x 1050 (everything's tiny). I tried 840 x 525, but it doesn't work it says "Error initializing video mode 840 x 525" and "The selected Display mode is unsupported". :( So I'm still thinking should I play it vanilla or with 1680 x 1050 x2 scaling... :?

Seek the "maintain aspect ratio" checkbox and live in harmony with your graphics card.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
- Killian's wares are now combined and moved to his inventory whenever talking to him, thus if bartering via button or dialog you'll always see all his stuff. Players new to Fallout didn't understand why he only sold Desert Eagles, and needing to access the shelves to get his other inventory isn't documented anywhere

Fuck.

I've played fallout for the first time when I was in the seventh grade. And, while I was no child prodigy and internet was hardly a thing around here back then (so we played with no guides & stuff), not once an issue of this level of stupidity occured to me or to my classmates (many of whom were also playing fallout and, if you forgive me a little bit of non-modesty, were somewhat less smarter than me). I could've understood this change if the issue behind it was "for the sake of convenience, let's make less barter screens", but this? Catering to clinical idiots? Fuck those losers.

Seek the "maintain aspect ratio" checkbox and live in harmony with your graphics card.

Where can I find that? f2_res_config.exe doesn't offer such option...

EG

Nullified

Where can I find that? f2_res_config.exe doesn't offer such option...

It should be a setting available to most IBM/nVidia/AMD video cards -- it won't be part of the mod.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I forgot to consider too small of a resolution. You might need to add an unsupported mode to windows.

What version of Windows are you using?

Kukulkan

Learned
Since they're dead set in thinking that every little removed thing must be in the game it would only make sense to add the radioactive raccoons. Or did I get that retarded bit wrong?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom