Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Unfortunately it's going to take many hours of work to get it to that ideal level of modularization, and won't be very fun but I know it will definitely be worth it.

By the way, one of the first large things I tackled with FIXT was text fixes -- punctuation, spelling, grammar, inconsistencies, etc. For those of you familiar with Nimrod's Dialog Fixes, it worked off of that and took it to the next level. Basically I fixed all the stuff he hadn't, which was a surprisingly high amount. As far as I recall there was literally thousands of individual changes to the text and dialog files.

Would that fall under Bug Fixes Only? I hope so because having to maintain duplicates of every damn dialog file just sounds horrible to me. That's about 700 files.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Well I don't really think of it like a Boolean, I mean it's not like I'm going to swear off NMA and only post here. That is a Fallout forum community so it makes sense for my mod to be there and by extension for me to be there.

Also, thank you to those who replied about text fixes. I will assume you three represent the opinion of all Fallout players. ;)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sduibek, have you reproduced the crash caused by floating line barks + time skip (fadeouts most notably)? I reported a few months ago, but no one else connected the crash to that, so i'm wondering if it's bullshit now.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
There's a couple crashes related to fades that will be fixed in the upcoming version, I don't remember one about dog bark floats though. I'll have to check the threads, sounds like I missed it somehow.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
As of this weekend my fulltime job will become working on FIXT until July 1st. Expect a new release on or before July 1st.

I very very much hope for that release to include the Bug Fixes Only install option.

If you feel like stalking the progress you can do so here

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
If you guys have any ideas for things you want in the next version -- features, whatever -- just let me know. I wager I'll get different ideas from y'all kindly folks than I would at NMA, so yeah.

btw, for the next release I plan on having an option to continue playing as a Super Mutant after getting dipped, if you choose such an ending whilst talking to Lou or The Master. It's kind of hacky -- will be implemented by wearing a special suit of armor, etc -- but I think nonetheless it'll be a pretty awesome optional feature. It's surprisingly easy to implement.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
1) Will your stats change? 2) What about quests? 3) And reaction from other people?
1) Yes. I was thinking set STR to 10, END + 4, CHA to like 3 or 4, INT either a static drop (like -3) or set to 3. I can't decide if I want the INT to drop low enough to make dialog Stupid. I thnik that's probably a bad idea, so maybe just make INT drop to 4. [OBVIOUSLY, FEEDBACK ON THESE STATS IS GOOD, THOSE ARE JUST PRELIMINARY MODIFICATIONS]
2) Not yet, that will take some planning and such.
3) Not yet, see #2. I would love to see this though, see a majority of critters respond differently.

For now it's really just a "What The Hell", "What If", and "Different Ending" thing, not really a large expansive / mod. Hence why it would be optional :P I've specifically had people say it would be cool to play as a mutant after being dipped (instead of it being end game, which makes no sense since the Overseer kicks you out anyway and the game is supposed to be sandbox or sandbox-ish), and it's been attempted before, so I thought why not, sounds fun.

EDIT: Oh shit, maybe a quest could be to invade Vault 13 for The Master! :D Go in and kill everybody for partytime.

Gord

Arcane
1) Will your stats change? 2) What about quests? 3) And reaction from other people?
1) Yes. I was thinking set STR to 10, END + 4, CHA to like 3 or 4, INT either a static drop (like -3) or set to 3. I can't decide if I want the INT to drop low enough to make dialog Stupid. I thnik that's probably a bad idea, so maybe just make INT drop to 4. [OBVIOUSLY, FEEDBACK ON THESE STATS IS GOOD, THOSE ARE JUST PRELIMINARY MODIFICATIONS]

Interesting idea. Why not.
However, not all Mutants are dumb (some are, yes, but not all of them), so it's a bit questionable to just set INT to 4.
You could reduce it by 2 or 3. Or only reduce it if it's already 5 or lower?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Vault Dweller is, in fact, a vault dweller, so he has better chances than most of becoming a smart mutant.

dunno lah

Arcane
So, it could be like if IN 6, you become dumb. And if IN 7, you become a 10. CH should definitely drop to 1 since super mutants were "antagonistic" and still unknown to the wastelanders in 2161.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
If the player becomes Dumb after being dipped won't that make some players pissed?

All in all I think a flat modifier of -2 INT makes sense though.

If the player becomes Dumb after being dipped won't that make some players pissed?

All in all I think a flat modifier of -2 INT makes sense though.

But you must be consistent with the lore. FEV should make smart people smarter, and dumb dumber. dunno lah had a good idea. How else would "Lou" be so smart? And the rest of the "military" (well some) dumb? Nightkin were elite, and they weren't stupid at all. FEV only "magnifies" what is already there (stupidity or brains). And makes weak people stronger. Well, that's at least how I understood.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Ah, okay, gotcha.

So it will be:
boost to END
STR maxxed?
mid/low INT becomes Dumb, higher/high INT becomes maxxed
CHA set to 1

dunno lah

Arcane
Personal preference.:D Besides, you don't really get the varied dialogue choices with IN at 6. It also raises the bar required to get a smart mutie, seeing that smart muties are much rarer in Fallout world.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I think what dunno lah is saying makes sense. A person of a-little-above-average intelligence would probably not be smart enough to get supersmart (or whatever you want to call it).

EDIT: Shit I don't know, I think smaller changes to INT might be best:

STR = 10
CHA = 1
END + 3
INT 7 and up, +1
INT 6 and lower, -2

That means anyone with a 5 INT or lower becomes a Stupid character for purposes of dialog.

EG

Nullified
But it's being dipped.

It has to be drastic. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom