Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Mod

Seven

Erudite
I'm wondering which one of you knows where I can get that FO that slows down my rate of travel via the world map?

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
And I believe the specific file you are looking for is the Fallout2 Patcher or something like that. I believe that not only does it slow down the world map speed, but you can up the resolution to 1600x1200 or thereabouts. Glorious!

Seven

Erudite
Greatatlantic said:
Ummm... ever hear of No Mutants Allowed? I'd bet dollars to donuts they host it.

www.nma-fallout.com

Do you not think that I would have searched there first? Perhaps I did, only I couldn't recall the name of the mod. BTW, thanks Naked Lunch.

Now I'm off to replay Fallout in all of it's glory.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Seven said:
Do you not think that I would have searched there first? Perhaps I did, only I couldn't recall the name of the mod.
... so instead of posting at NMA, you asked at the RPGCodex. Yes, that sounds about right.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Yeah. Took me ages to come up with that.
Almost as good as my master-piece: "Fifteen Pelicans Playing Soggy Biscuit in A Sleeping Bag".

One of my greatest achievements. Not a single consonant to be seen.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Indeed, I must say that at least it deserves a light-orange color with hints of purple in it's pedigree. Of course, to the uneducated mind, it would most definitely seem a muddy brown with light flecks or even green with nuances of red. All in all, I say keep up the good work and dance, dance, dance the night away.

Drakron

Arcane
Naked_Lunch said:
And I believe the specific file you are looking for is the Fallout2 Patcher or something like that. I believe that not only does it slow down the world map speed, but you can up the resolution to 1600x1200 or thereabouts. Glorious!

And it will look as poo since titles were not designed to be viewed with such high resolutions.

Seven

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
Seven said:
Do you not think that I would have searched there first? Perhaps I did, only I couldn't recall the name of the mod.
... so instead of posting at NMA, you asked at the RPGCodex. Yes, that sounds about right.

Damned straight I haven't ever posted at NMA, and I don't intend to start now.

Codex Forever... WOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Spazmo

Erudite
Drakron said:
The Temple of Trials looked crappy since its a small map and so never meant to be displayed at high resolutions.

The Temple of Trials looks crappy because it is crappy. If this mod brings out that quality of the area more, then it's obviously accomplished its goal of allowing you to see more of the game.

Cliffs that just end in brown backgound dont look good.

Well, okay, but it's nice in city maps.

Seven

Erudite
Sorry to revive this thread, but I need to slow down the world map even more than the mod allows, can I edit the mod to make the world map even slower?

Spazmo

Erudite
You could sort of zig zag across the map when you go anywhere and pretend it's a straight line that's taking longer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom