Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Gameplay Footage

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Oct 19, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hack-fallout-new/706323" target="_blank">Watch this trailer</a>, as far as I can tell it's about decapitating things with your gun. People are still looking buttfuck ugly, so we can conclude that Fallout: New Vegas is staying true to the Elder Scrolls formula.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100136-fallout-new-vegas-gameplay-trailer.html">GB</a></p>

^ Top  
  2. Topher Cipher

Topher
    I always thought the people in Morrowind looked fine but they started to look awkward in Oblivion.

^ Top  
  3. Derper Prophet

Derper
    :retarded:

^ Top  
  4. bloodlover Arcane

bloodlover
    So where's the surprise?

^ Top  
  5. Ancient Erudite

Ancient
    yeah very "fine" and walked like there was a dildo up their ass.
    At least 1 thing oblivion did right was character models and graphics overall

^ Top  
  6. Topher Cipher

Topher
    Yeah, haha... ha. They did walk rather oddly but I didn't have any real issue with the models themselves. Sure they weren't amazing but I didn't mind them in the least when I played it.

^ Top  
  7. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    No pretty boys & girls everywhere at least (before the advent of face replacers of course)

^ Top  
  8. Genma:TheDestroyer Arcane

Genma:TheDestroyer
    Morrowind at least tried to make most of the races distinctive looking.

Whereas in Oblivion all the elves looked just like the Imperials, only colored differently. A High Elf was an Imperial with a cold and an even larger forehead.

^ Top  
  9. Topher Cipher

Topher
    I think that's what made them look so odd to me. They all seemed to have unusually wide faces. I though the imperials looked decent enough but you described perfectly what made the elves look odd. I was also upset about the lazy changes made to the beast races.

^ Top  
  10. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    lol, looks terribad. This isn't some publicity they released is it?

^ Top  
  11. denizsi Arcane

denizsi
    Dear Pedobear, it looks like shit. Has FO3 looked this shit? I've forgotten. Especially that talking whore at the beginning. Felt so like late 90s. For fuck's sake, how long has it been since Bloodlines came out, now? They are not even trying.

Also, the ragdolls... :facepalm:

It's amazing how such a whackjob of a game can sell so many with marketing.

LOL. I've tried to finish Oblivion several times and each time, either the terribly uninspired shit graphics or the equally dull gameplay put me off.

^ Top  
  12. ChristofferC Magister

ChristofferC
    But can you kill kids?

^ Top  
  13. Topher Cipher

Topher
    I guess I should actually watch the video...

...wow, that does look a little bit bad. The physics, kill cam and lighting are all still wonky but that's to be expected. They even included tacky strippers but at least I can dress up as a crazy spaceman and as if mirelurks weren't annoying enough enemies we can now look forward to lakelurks (what a great fucking name). The wasp/winged things look good though and the kids eating the stupid looking rat seems neat to bad it's probably a scripted gimmick.

They stop me every time and I like pointless exploration.

^ Top  
  14. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Looks just as horrible and retarded as original.

It will be fun to watch retards who like to bash Bethesda praise Obsidian for raping the shit out of Fallout series.

^ Top  
  15. Topher Cipher

Topher
    I was hoping it would be decent because I actually had some fun with Fallout 3.

^ Top  
  16. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    LOL it even has your character wearing a bear head helmet, dressed medieval style and carrying a huge anime sword - in 2200+!

Truly it is an addon to Failout 3.

And the animations, the combat, the models, the fugliness of it all - teh horror

I mean for fuck's sake it looks like some cheap trash made by some obscure eastern european studio - this is a new low even for Obsidian

^ Top  
  17. Topher Cipher

Topher
    I like the spaceman suit better but who doesn't want to be a wild-man barbarian? It's actually one of the least lulzy things I've seen in the game so far.

* I thought the big sword was a hockey stick with something taped to it?

^ Top  
  18. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Stupid work - can't watch the trailer to see if the camera has been fixed. What do you say bros, is it now preferable to play in 3rd person?

^ Top  
  19. Topher Cipher

Topher
    Didn't look like it to me.

^ Top  
  20. Davaris Australian Game Developers Developer

Davaris
    Like most of the older players, I was furious when F3 came out. As I watched this video, I just :lol:

I don't know what that means.

^ Top  
  21. Topher Cipher

Topher
    It means that they've got you... they got me earlier today. We're all doomed.

^ Top  
  22. Micmu Magister

Micmu
    I was :lol: too, because it looked like regular xcubicle action game and pity the fools who play this as next-gen "RPG".

^ Top  
  23. FruitOfFallout Educated

FruitOfFallout
    I just wanted to say that I watched the video on my mom's laptop. it is nothing like the amazing new vegas footage i saw.

1. video was captured by a moron with chucky cheese hardware (traded it in for tickets won from.. gasp.. console games and literally pop-a-mole games)
    2. guy is a fallout 3 moron. there are non-moronic fallout 3 fans. but this guy loves fallout 3 for all the wrong reasons. how dare he capture the same shit that fallout 3 already had but in new vegas
    3. lots of good shit atmsophere . even more quirky lighting and stuff but you will come across amazing effects!

i will be getting the game soon.

^ Top  
  24. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Wat. Models in Morrowind were extremely shitty. The environment actually looked nice, until they fucked that too with Oblivion and F3. Bethesda, Bethesda never chances.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.