Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Gameplay Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hack-fallout-new/706323" target="_blank">Watch this trailer</a>, as far as I can tell it's about decapitating things with your gun. People are still looking buttfuck ugly, so we can conclude that Fallout: New Vegas is staying true to the Elder Scrolls formula.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100136-fallout-new-vegas-gameplay-trailer.html">GB</a></p>

Topher

Cipher
I always thought the people in Morrowind looked fine but they started to look awkward in Oblivion.

Ancient

Erudite
Topher said:
I always thought the people in Morrowind looked fine but they started to look awkward in Oblivion.

yeah very "fine" and walked like there was a dildo up their ass.
At least 1 thing oblivion did right was character models and graphics overall

Topher

Cipher
Ancient said:
Topher said:

Yeah, haha... ha. They did walk rather oddly but I didn't have any real issue with the models themselves. Sure they weren't amazing but I didn't mind them in the least when I played it.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No pretty boys & girls everywhere at least (before the advent of face replacers of course)

Ancient said:
Topher said:

Morrowind at least tried to make most of the races distinctive looking.

Whereas in Oblivion all the elves looked just like the Imperials, only colored differently. A High Elf was an Imperial with a cold and an even larger forehead.

Topher

Cipher
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Ancient said:
Topher said:

Morrowind at least tried to make most of the races distinctive looking.

Whereas in Oblivion all the elves looked just like the Imperials, only colored differently. A High Elf was an Imperial with a cold and an even larger forehead.

I think that's what made them look so odd to me. They all seemed to have unusually wide faces. I though the imperials looked decent enough but you described perfectly what made the elves look odd. I was also upset about the lazy changes made to the beast races.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
lol, looks terribad. This isn't some publicity they released is it?

denizsi

Arcane
Dear Pedobear, it looks like shit. Has FO3 looked this shit? I've forgotten. Especially that talking whore at the beginning. Felt so like late 90s. For fuck's sake, how long has it been since Bloodlines came out, now? They are not even trying.

Also, the ragdolls... :facepalm:

It's amazing how such a whackjob of a game can sell so many with marketing.

Topher said:
Yeah, haha... ha. They did walk rather oddly but I didn't have any real issue with the models themselves. Sure they weren't amazing but I didn't mind them in the least when I played it.

LOL. I've tried to finish Oblivion several times and each time, either the terribly uninspired shit graphics or the equally dull gameplay put me off.

Topher

Cipher
HanoverF said:
lol, looks terribad. This isn't some publicity they released is it?

I guess I should actually watch the video...

...wow, that does look a little bit bad. The physics, kill cam and lighting are all still wonky but that's to be expected. They even included tacky strippers but at least I can dress up as a crazy spaceman and as if mirelurks weren't annoying enough enemies we can now look forward to lakelurks (what a great fucking name). The wasp/winged things look good though and the kids eating the stupid looking rat seems neat to bad it's probably a scripted gimmick.

LOL. I've tried to finish Oblivion several times and each time, either the terribly uninspired shit graphics or the equally dull gameplay put me off.

They stop me every time and I like pointless exploration.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Looks just as horrible and retarded as original.

It will be fun to watch retards who like to bash Bethesda praise Obsidian for raping the shit out of Fallout series.

Topher

Cipher
I was hoping it would be decent because I actually had some fun with Fallout 3.

MetalCraze

Arcane
LOL it even has your character wearing a bear head helmet, dressed medieval style and carrying a huge anime sword - in 2200+!

Truly it is an addon to Failout 3.

And the animations, the combat, the models, the fugliness of it all - teh horror

I mean for fuck's sake it looks like some cheap trash made by some obscure eastern european studio - this is a new low even for Obsidian

Topher

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
LOL it even has your character wearing a bear head helmet, dressed medieval style and carrying a huge anime sword - in 2300!

Truly it is an addon to Failout 3.

And the animations, the combat, the models, the fugliness of it all - teh horror

I like the spaceman suit better but who doesn't want to be a wild-man barbarian? It's actually one of the least lulzy things I've seen in the game so far.

* I thought the big sword was a hockey stick with something taped to it?

Angthoron

Arcane
Stupid work - can't watch the trailer to see if the camera has been fixed. What do you say bros, is it now preferable to play in 3rd person?

Topher

Cipher
Angthoron said:
Stupid work - can't watch the trailer to see if the camera has been fixed. What do you say bros, is it now preferable to play in 3rd person?

Didn't look like it to me.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Like most of the older players, I was furious when F3 came out. As I watched this video, I just :lol:

I don't know what that means.

Topher

Cipher
Davaris said:
Like most of the older players, I was furious when F3 came out. As I watched this video, I just :lol:

I don't know what that means.

It means that they've got you... they got me earlier today. We're all doomed.

Micmu

Magister
I was :lol: too, because it looked like regular xcubicle action game and pity the fools who play this as next-gen "RPG".

FruitOfFallout

Educated
I just wanted to say that I watched the video on my mom's laptop. it is nothing like the amazing new vegas footage i saw.

1. video was captured by a moron with chucky cheese hardware (traded it in for tickets won from.. gasp.. console games and literally pop-a-mole games)
2. guy is a fallout 3 moron. there are non-moronic fallout 3 fans. but this guy loves fallout 3 for all the wrong reasons. how dare he capture the same shit that fallout 3 already had but in new vegas
3. lots of good shit atmsophere . even more quirky lighting and stuff but you will come across amazing effects!

i will be getting the game soon.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Topher said:

Wat. Models in Morrowind were extremely shitty. The environment actually looked nice, until they fucked that too with Oblivion and F3. Bethesda, Bethesda never chances.

Topher

Cipher
Lyric Suite said:
Topher said:

Wat. Models in Morrowind for extremely shitty. The environment actually looked nice, until they fucked that too with Oblivion and F3. Bethesda, Bethesda never chances.

I didn't say that they were good I said that they didn't bother me when I played it and that they started to look (more) awkward in Oblivion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom