Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team - now available in Russian

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
True, but you see, US army in Fallout 1 wasn't portrayed as very "friendly" organization. Fallout 1 starts with that:

Actually+the+us+invaded+canada+in+fallout+1+because+the+_3e7fee27709fd5a6f9244ca03077acb0.png

And while human experiments at West Tek were too much, the overall mentality - and the selection of methods - wasn't much better. As you want to join BoS in Fallout 1 they just send you to the sure death and very surprised that you come back. They are not the "good" guys, not even close. Replay Fallout 1 and pay attention to what people around say about BoS. Hell, they are one of the main suspects in the Missing Caravans quest.

US Army as whole is not "Friendly" because they are the extension of The US Government which are we know it, is very rotten to the core.

But the individual in Army like Randal "The Survivalist" Clark and The Founder of BOS Roger Maxson isn't by any means a bad guy, sure they are flawed on some extent but they always have a good intention in their heart.

Fallout 1 BOS is asshole i can't dispute, but i will not compare the BOS as seen in Fallout 1 to BOS early days where Roger Maxson still lives. I bet Roger Maxson can't foresee BOS progressed (for the worse) after his death, i'm also believe he will not approve what have BOS become to.

Last edited:
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You could have learned Russian well enough to play this in the time it takes to translate :D

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Casa Nueva laboratory. Found 3 chemicals, repaired the generator, entered the computer. But the "recipe" for the vaccine is nowhere to be found. What the fuck? Do I lack the doctor skill to find it on the PC or something?
Found the holodisk, but it's not usable.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Casa Nueva laboratory. Found 3 chemicals, repaired the generator, entered the computer. But the "recipe" for the vaccine is nowhere to be found. What the fuck? Do I lack the doctor skill to find it on the PC or something?
Found the holodisk, but it's not usable.
I disremember the exact location, but the vaccine is assembled in a chemical rack or computer in one of the buildings in the courtyard.

I don't remember if a separate "recipe" is needed, but if so, it's somewhere in the courtyard as well. Doctor skill is not required.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Blyad syka blyad. WTF. They give you a canister to "poor out at the laboratory", but WHERE? FUCKING HOW? I tried using it on all intractable things in the area, nothing. OMFG. FUCK THIS RETARD WHO MADE THIS QUEST.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Blyad syka blyad. WTF. They give you a canister to "poor out at the laboratory", but WHERE? FUCKING HOW? I tried using it on all intractable things in the area, nothing. OMFG. FUCK THIS RETARD WHO MADE THIS QUEST.
Go to the garden (огород) in Casa Nueva and use the canister on "barrel on the sticks" thingy in the middle of the location

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent
As for the lab, you can blow it up or leave it as it is.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I don't know why Bester has so many problems with Sonora. I played it five months ago and I mostly remember how the majority of quests goes - and believe me, I don't have a good memory.

I don't recall consulting any guides as well. I'm not sure they even existed back then.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I NEED THE TRANSLATION INSIDE OF ME :bounce:
I've translated one NPC and I'm so exhausted by it. Not sure if I have it in me to do another.
They have a good editor (editing guy, not software editor), so if he has the will to go over every single line, it'll be good.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Finished the game. Great stuff, felt like playing a real Fallout 1. No sex for my female 18 yo with 10 charisma though, oh well. Still good.

1942bab54d21eed7253cb6cb8548da23.png

9251f59bf27106b19189f23687c87659.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
They are not the "good" guys, not even close.

You see, sometimes not being obviously bad guys mean being good. They did fought mutants after all, when they could just run away..
And they are the only ones who could do that - that's the reason to keep technology liek they did.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I'm not sure they even existed back then.
There was one but badly formatted and full of evgeny vaganych tier humour. So full it managed to cover up the useful info. Now that was funny, actually.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Finished the game. Great stuff, felt like playing a real Fallout 1. No sex for my female 18 yo with 10 charisma though, oh well. Still good.

So, i forgot, do you get companions in this one?
Yeah, but I played alone. I don't like companions in post apoc and in turn based.

Diggfinger

Arcane

Cool!

So how does it hold up to Nevada? People seemed critical at first, but finally the game is pertty good?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So how does it hold up to Nevada? People seemed critical at first, but finally the game is pertty good?
It's good, but raw. No major bugs or softlocks, but the feeling of the game being unfinished is strongly present.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's good, but raw. No major bugs or softlocks, but the feeling of the game being unfinished is strongly present.

That's a shame, though if it's even half as good as Nevada it'll be worth playing.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Top Bottom