Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another random surprise from YT main page

wtfamireading.png

some lone Potato is working on translation, now it's a mix of English, Russian and Potato... also instalation is a bit weird, tried it myself and had to use his repack to run.

is there a guide for neveda? I was too dumb to get out of opening area, I got stuck and could not figure out how to advance..lol..but would like to play..this game looks cool, plus I used to live in Tucson, so maybe I might recognize some areas..

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Darth Canoli

Arcane
is there a guide for neveda? I was too dumb to get out of opening area, I got stuck and could not figure out how to advance..lol..but would like to play..this game looks cool, plus I used to live in Tucson, so maybe I might recognize some areas..

If it makes you feel better, the starting quests are too dumb, not you.
It gets slightly better once you get out of the vault but it's the weakest total conversion fallout mod so far.

It gets slightly better once you get out of the vault but it's the weakest total conversion fallout mod so far.
if I remember (its been a couple years now), I got out of the vault, got past the first cliff area..got to some first 'city' type place and then there was an underground vault thing and I could not for the life of me find the key, or some way to proceed and there was nowhere else to go, it felt like I had gone everywhere and I had to somehow figure how to get past this underground door thing,, or maybe it was a hole inside a shack..can't totally recall..

I remember I had a shovel and was digging everywhere..it felt like I killed everything around me even...it was not at very beginning..maybe a couple hours into game?..but its been awhile now, and maybe I might even be confusing with some other fallout mod in some places...not sure..

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I remember I had a shovel and was digging everywhere..it felt like I killed everything around me even...it was not at very beginning..maybe a couple hours into game?..but its been awhile now, and maybe I might even be confusing with some other fallout mod in some places...not sure..

The next step once out of the vault is, if I remember correctly, an old subway station not far to the east, I think the transition to the lower level isn't obvious (it should be the mod's moto, pixel hunting is the rule here) but it's a quest hub, many NPC to interact with.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned

The next step once out of the vault is, if I remember correctly, an old subway station not far to the east, I think the transition to the lower level isn't obvious (it should be the mod's moto, pixel hunting is the rule here) but it's a quest hub, many NPC to interact with.

Yes, that's the best first place to travel to, and clearly intended to be so, but the game doesn't do a great job of steering you there. There are several low level quests and free healing is available.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

if I remember (its been a couple years now), I got out of the vault, got past the first cliff area..got to some first 'city' type place and then there was an underground vault thing and I could not for the life of me find the key, or some way to proceed and there was nowhere else to go, it felt like I had gone everywhere and I had to somehow figure how to get past this underground door thing,, or maybe it was a hole inside a shack..can't totally recall..

From this I get that you are one of those that had trouble finding Caius Cosades.

It's literally the best one :retarded:

Codex Year of the Donut

sonora is much better

sonora is much better
maybe so, i haven't played it yet, which is why i didnt think of it. the other toco's... just lol mate, nowhere near nevada

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

This sounds like Olympus not Nevada. I don't remember any subway station based towns in Nevada.

Mud'

Scholar
So...is the unofficial patches playable at all? I got this fallout itch really bad and I want to play this but i don't think the English version will come out any soon.

Alphons

Cipher
Update from Black Designer on Dayglow progress, not much left.

The main reason why I still haven't completed the add-on is that it turns out some kind of nonsense.
In my head, everything is more or less clear. Ideas - a whole bunch. The images are overwhelming. But in the implementation it all looks like zilch.
Partly due to the fact that Fallout for such a concept turned out to be too "cramped", in every sense. For example, due to the lack of ghoul sprites (there are only three of them), the lack of terrain tiles, etc.
San Diego deserves a separate game at the FNV level. (Give this to Tim Cain, please) I'm bursting with excitement when I imagine The Dayglow like this. What potential is eluding realization!
But I will still try, gritting my teeth, to finish this material. Not much is left there.

Modron

Arcane
Aren't there like 3 different translation efforts for Sonora?

any news on the translation?
It’s in limbo, or something, but I love that the project leader didn't go the Patreon rote. They have my respect already, even if it's never finished.

fuck sake nobody needs a 100% translation. i literally played nevada with the google translate version. just give me the equivalent of that and a wiki/place to ask other players about the game and i'm all set

deama

Prophet
Yeah I'm wondering the same, probably not google translate though, these days there's better stuff out there like DeepL or can maybe even use chatgtp.
Or use both.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah I'm wondering the same, probably not google translate though, these days there's better stuff out there like DeepL or can maybe even use chatgtp.
Or use both.
ChatGPT doesn't translate well enough yet. But I think this could be tried:
- feed a line into google translate
- ask chatgpt to fix it if has no meaning
Automate the process, obviously.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
The google translate version that I played some time ago, and it may have been updated since, had nearly an entire important dialogue tree populated by question marks.
There was an untranslated vendor that would CTD if spoken to.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
any news on the translation?
It’s in limbo, or something, but I love that the project leader didn't go the Patreon rote. They have my respect already, even if it's never finished.

fuck sake nobody needs a 100% translation. i literally played nevada with the google translate version. just give me the equivalent of that and a wiki/place to ask other players about the game and i'm all set
TF you angry for, if you aren't happy with my reply, perhaps, just don't fucking ask the question, if you're going to bitch over this and get your panties in a twist!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom