Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

I don't know, being it's a ROLEPLAYING game and all, I kind of enjoy having characters that don't break my immersion by speaking English like a Romanian hooker. Good games deserve good translations, even if it takes a bit longer.

I enjoyed Fallout Nevada despite its flaws, I wish the developers much success in all their autismal endeavors.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.42.48 pm.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Where does Sonora fall into the timeline? Great War was in 2077

Fallout Nevada (2140)
Fallout 1 (2161)
Fallout Sonora (2167)
Fallout 1.5 Resurrection (2170)
Fallout Tactics (2197)
Fallout 2 (2241)

Last edited:

None

Scholar
Looks great. Too bad I can't play on account of the whole slavrune issue.

deama

Prophet
Man when's the translation coming out? We've had chatgtp for like almost a year, why's it taking so long?

None

Scholar
Man when's the translation coming out? We've had chatgtp for like almost a year, why's it taking so long?
From NMA:
:o
ok folks it's taking so long as project manager went M.I.A or so everyone thinks, when He was about to take the most important and time consuming task of grouping and putting everything 2g4, he was suddenly loaded with real life issues, since then there was a lot of inproductive time, so the most devoted translators seeked out other projects, and involved themselfs into them. Since then someone doecided to make a list of files that remained to be translated, but the rtranslated files for it haven't been uploaded so i think nobody did them, few guys ar seposedly in contact with the project manager, and decided to take over the work, but the progress is veeery slow.. at this pace I think the translatio will be out either when Sonora ceases to recive updates, and translation will have it's final version dveloped, or Nevada Band makes a translation themselves.

As for me I'm happy as fuck, that the heat finally turned down a little, and that i can actually use mu PC since a day or two, so i decided to take my time and play some games :p .

tl;dr it is either not being worked on or is barely being worked on

Modron

Arcane
There were at least two different translation efforts IIRC Rusty said he played a little bit of the other one.

None

Scholar
There were at least two different translation efforts IIRC Rusty said he played a little bit of the other one.
You mean that super secret awesome one he wasn't allowed to share? I thought he was just bullshitting me when he said that.

:o
ok folks it's taking so long as project manager went M.I.A or so everyone thinks, when He was about to take the most important and time consuming task of grouping and putting everything 2g4, he was suddenly loaded with real life issues, since then there was a lot of inproductive time, so the most devoted translators seeked out other projects, and involved themselfs into them. Since then someone doecided to make a list of files that remained to be translated, but the rtranslated files for it haven't been uploaded so i think nobody did them, few guys ar seposedly in contact with the project manager, and decided to take over the work, but the progress is veeery slow.. at this pace I think the translatio will be out either when Sonora ceases to recive updates, and translation will have it's final version dveloped, or Nevada Band makes a translation themselves.

As for me I'm happy as fuck, that the heat finally turned down a little, and that i can actually use mu PC since a day or two, so i decided to take my time and play some games :p .

tl;dr it is either not being worked on or is barely being worked on
Come on man, obviously the game is already translated. Either fully or partially translated using AI. I don't care if it's up to spec, I played previous russian projects using google translate. Please just post the links man, nobody wants to wait 7 years for "proper" texts. It's not worth the wait. Just let us play the game, please. If the project manager is reading this, please submit the translations already. People have been waiting years man. It's not fair, many people have asked to help and been denied. Just post it. We are all Fallout fans, lets keep the scene going.

Да ладно, чувак, очевидно, игра уже переведена. Либо полностью, либо частично переведены с использованием ИИ. Мне все равно, соответствует ли он требованиям, я играл в предыдущие русские проекты с помощью гугл-переводчика. Пожалуйста, просто разместите ссылки, никто не хочет ждать 7 лет "правильных" текстов. Это не стоит ждать. Просто давайте поиграем в игру, пожалуйста. Если руководитель проекта читает это, отправьте уже переводы. Люди ждали годами человека. Это несправедливо, многие люди просили о помощи и получали отказ. Просто опубликуйте это. Мы все фанаты Fallout, давайте продолжим.

Apologies if I responded to the wrong person, but I feel enough is enough. Please post the files if you feel the game is not translated proplerly, or whatever. The scene is in stasis.

deama

Prophet
Is Chatgpt really that accurate?
Definitely better than google translate, especially since it is much better at preserving the sentence/paragraph as a whole.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/11t389v/wow_gpt4_beats_all_the_other_translators/
I recently compared the translations made by Google, DeepL, and GPT-4. Surprisingly, GPT-4 beats all the other translators (including Google and DeepL!). GPT-4 is astonishingly better than the others! Way better!!

Just an example (a random quote from a Chinese novel):

Original Chinese Text :​

那年轻人看了我半晌,随后拔脚便往我屋里跑。他也把苦根摇了又摇,又将耳朵贴到苦根胸口听了很久,才说:

“听不到心跳。”

村里很多人都来了,我求他们都去看看苦根,他们都去摇摇,听听,完了对我说:

“死了。”

苦根是吃豆子撑死的,这孩子不是嘴馋,是我家太穷,村里谁家的孩子都过得比苦根好,就是豆子,苦根也是难得能吃上。我是老昏了头,给苦根煮了这么多豆子,我老得又笨又蠢,害死了苦根。

往后的日子我只能一个人过了,我总想着自己日子也不长了,谁知一过又过了这些年。我还是老样子,腰还是常常疼,眼睛还是花,我耳朵倒是很灵,村里人说话,我不看也能知道是谁在说。我是有时候想想伤心,有时候想想又很踏实,家里人全是我送的葬,全是我亲手埋的,到了有一天我腿一伸,也不用担心谁了。

Google Translation:​

The young man looked at me for a while, then ran to my room. He shook the bitter root again and again, put his ear to the bitter root's chest and listened for a long time before saying:

"I can't hear my heartbeat."

Many people from the village came, and I begged them all to go and see the bitter root, and they all went to shake it, listen to it, and said to me when they were done:

"died."

Kugen is fed to death by eating beans. This child is not greedy, but my family is too poor. The children in the village have a better life than Kugen. Even beans, Kugen is hard to eat. I was so old and dizzy that I boiled so many beans for Kugen. I was so old and stupid that I killed Kugen.

In the days to come, I can only live alone, and I always think that my days will not be long, who knows that these years will pass by. I am still the same, my waist still often hurts, my eyes are still blurry, but my ears are very good. When people in the village talk, I can know who is talking without looking. Sometimes I feel sad when I think about it, and sometimes I think about it and I am very down-to-earth. All the family members were buried by me, and I buried them all with my own hands. One day, when I stretch my legs, I don’t have to worry about anyone.

DeepL Translation:​

The young man looked at me for a long time, then pulled his feet and ran to my house. He also shook the bitter root again and again, and put his ear to the bitter root chest to listen for a long time, before saying.

"I can't hear a heartbeat."

Many people in the village came, I begged them all to see the bitter root, they all went to shake, listen, finished to me and said.

"Dead."

Bitter root is eating beans to die, the child is not greedy, is my family is too poor, the village who's children are better off than bitter root, is the beans, bitter root is also rare to eat. I was too old to cook so many beans for Bitterroot, I was too old and stupid to kill Bitterroot.

I can only live alone in the days to come, I always thought I would not have long to live, but who knows, once again after these years. I still look the same, my back still hurts a lot, my eyes are still blurry, but my ears are very good, the village people talk, I can know who is talking without looking. Sometimes I think about sadness, sometimes I think about it and very solid, the family is all my burial, all my hands buried, to one day I stretch my legs, and do not have to worry about who.

And here is the ChatGPT-4 translation:​

The young man looked at me for a while and then ran into my house. He also shook Kugen and put his ear to Kugen's chest for a long time before saying:

"I can't hear a heartbeat."

Many people from the village came and I asked them to go and see Kugen. They all went to shake him and listen, then they said to me:

"He's dead."

Kugen died from eating too many beans. The child was not greedy, but my family was too poor. The children in other families in the village lived better than Kugen. Even beans were rare for him to eat. I was old and confused when I cooked so many beans for Kugen. I was old, clumsy and stupid, and killed Kugen.

In the days that followed, I could only live alone. I always thought that my days were not long either, but who knew that these years had passed one after another. I am still the same as before: my waist often hurts; my eyes are still blurry; but my ears are very sharp - when people in the village talk, I can tell who is speaking without looking. Sometimes when I think about it, it makes me sad; sometimes when I think about it again, it feels very hard - all the people in my family were buried by me personally. When one day my legs stretch out (I die), there will be no need to worry about anyone anymore.
The GPT one makes wayyy more sense than even DeepL, and DeepL is better than google translate.

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
Apologies if I responded to the wrong person, but I feel enough is enough. Please post the files if you feel the game is not translated proplerly, or whatever. The scene is in stasis.
The minimal effort way: Check out the google translated files for 1.09. It is understandable, at least isn't worse than those that came before. Then translate the texts added by the new patches with your favorite engine.

The Jester

Cipher

Fallout Sonora DLC​

Description
y.png

Dayglow is an add-on for Fallout: Sonora that celebrates the rise of the city of Dayglow. To play, first download and install Fallout: Sonora , then download the add-on and extract it to the game folder. You can enter the Radiance by reaching level 7 of character leveling.
The expansion will be released in 2023.

:negative:Still no English patch

None

Scholar
Has anyone familiar with slavrunes played the DLC? If so, how is it?

Alphons

Cipher

Not out yet, but they've already created the page for download on their website.

Unconfirmed rumor, but the Russian modder Foxx will be getting it somewhere next month to package it with Sfall and some other QoL mods like he did with previous versions. If that's true, then it should be releasing really soon.

None

Scholar

Not out yet, but they've already created the page for download on their website.

Unconfirmed rumor, but the Russian modder Foxx will be getting it somewhere next month to package it with Sfall and some other QoL mods like he did with previous versions. If that's true, then it should be releasing really soon.
Looks like I mistook the recent patch with the DLC. Thanks.

Odd that the game isn't on Sfall to begin with. I'm not intimately familiar with the modding scene, but I thought it opens up a few new scripting options. Seems like it'd be apart of the default setup for any modern mod.

Alphons

Cipher
Dayglow expansion has been released!

You can either download it standalone and update your current version (saves are compatible) or download the assembly by Foxx.

New NPC appears in Phoenix, who offers to take you to ruins of San Diego, but only if your character is experienced enough (LVL 7).

Standalone update
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ACf6/eV1wPYokF

Foxx's assembly
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6345851

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom